Brand of case for your ThunderBolt?

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Accessories' started by guitarchris123, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Hojimoto

Hojimoto New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Otterbox just put up a "sign up to be notified" page for their new Defender case for the Thunderbolt. Looks great.

[​IMG]

Compatibility:
    HTC ThunderBolt

Features:
    Three layers of protection
    Complete interaction of the device's functions
    Ratcheting belt clip holster included
    Accommodates your phone's kickstand

Material:
    Clear protective membrane on touch screen
    High-quality polycarbonate shell
    Durable silicone skin

2. BGKris

BGKris Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks awesome but too bad I'm using my extended battery now. Hopefully they will have one for extended users soon

3. rg0019

rg0019 New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I just ordered the case-mate in black and grey. Looks to be a pretty rugged case. I really cant find any bad reviews on it. Looks like only 6 other people have it viewing the poll results. It was 27.99 with a promo code and free shipping.

[​IMG]
    I'll check back in when I receive it.....

4. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome...cant wait to get it in 3 years when it come out :(

Love Otterbox, but they are SLOW on releasing stuff.

5. JRunner01

JRunner01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So the fact that they just opened up the email link to be notified doesn't mean it should be fairly soon?

You still think it would be that long knowing they updated the web page as such?

6. jlambeth1

jlambeth1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll have to say that I love my Seidio case. It just saved my phone last night. I have a screeen protector on it as well. My son was playing a game on my phone and fell down on concrete and used the front of my phone to brace his hand on the concrete. I started coming unglued until I inspected it. The screen protector was dirty and the raised up portion of my case has scratches all over it. The phone itself is still in mint condition. I will swear by Seidio from now on!

7. guitarchris123

Ratings:
    +0
    I think that Otterbox looks really nice, but the "Defender" is pretty heavy-duty and bulky for most people (I prefer the "Commuter"). It also appears to be missing 2 cutouts (the one below the kickstand, and the one above the dual LEDs). I wonder if this will have any effect on functionality of the phone (I'm not positive so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the bottom circle has to do with the antenna, and the top 2 tiny holes have to do with a mic). And $50 is pretty steep for a case anyway. As for the Defender's release date, appearing on the website does not necessarily mean it will be as soon as you think (as we all know by now, "coming soon" can be quite vague). It could be a week, or it could still be a month or more. I guess we'll find out soon enough. I'll consider the Commuter when Otterbox releases it, but I've been very happy with my Seidio Innocase so far. It has the combination of feel, slimness, and durability that I'm looking for, although it is not as stylish design-wise as some others. The Case Mate above is not bad either, but it wasn't released yet when I bought mine.

8. iRenegade

iRenegade Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Well, I was one of those "naked" guys-being always super careful with my phones,, but low and behold, leaving work today my TB "flung' out of my chest jacket pocket and bounced on the sidewalk. I guess I wasn't careful enough and the phone slipped. The case is cracked in the lower right corner and scratched on the top right, but everything else is okay and it works fine. So I jumped on this thread and was going to get the body Glove when I saw this link(Thanks 31Third!). I looked at other TPU cases on eBay, but this looks to be one of the thickest of these thin types and non-slip. My only concern is taking it on and off to swap batteries, but for under $7 I'll send for it asap, and shop for a battery friendly case down the line. Keep those reviews coming!

#68 iRenegade, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  9. iNfAMOUS702

iNfAMOUS702 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The thunderbolt looks so effin sexy naked...that being said..it scares the crap outta me that I'm gonna scratch it or something =\ idk the brand but i just got some black rubberish feeling case from the Verizon store and my Droid X screen protectors work fine...phone looks very classy :D

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

#69 iNfAMOUS702, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  10. sms160

sms160 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For those that have the cheap snap-on case from Verizon or Amazon.com, is it almost impossible to take off? Or is it just me?

11. Hojimoto

Hojimoto New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed. The rep said it would be out in the next month or so. I've been using a cheap gelskin until this one gets released. I also like the naked look, but I hate having a scratched up shell when I can protect it and personalize it a bit more.

12. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    No case needed.....

Search tags for this page
best case for htc thunderbolt
best phone protection cases thunderbolt
best rated protector case for htc thunderbolt