Brand of screen protector for your ThunderBolt?

georgek

Reaction score
Did anyone get the Verizon screen protector? I got one and it doesn't even fit the screen. It short on the sides and top and bottom. I'm going to return them.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

BGKris

Reaction score
steinhill is amazing, I put the ultra fine one on. Looks great! the only problem is though it's made slightly smaller for ease of application so the bottom by the buttons has a small gap.

AlexSB

Reaction score
steinhill is amazing, I put the ultra fine one on. Looks great! the only problem is though it's made slightly smaller for ease of application so the bottom by the buttons has a small gap.

What's the difference between the Ultra Crystal and the Ultra Fine? Imma be ordering everything tomorrow, like how long did it take for them to ship it to you?

Liberated Droid II

BGKris

Reaction score

What's the difference between the Ultra Crystal and the Ultra Fine? Imma be ordering everything tomorrow, like how long did it take for them to ship it to you?

Liberated Droid II
Ultra Crystal Clear : Ultimate Clarity
• Ultra Crystal : 25% Thicker than previous model
• Hard coated for Scratches and Scuffs Proof • High Quality Optical Enhancement Film
• Ultimate Clarity surface hardness : 4H

Ultra Fine : Anti - Fingerprint

• Ultra Fine Matte Film
• High Grade Anti-glare hard coated optical film
• Premium Matte Surface • Good Light Transmittance
• Light Transmittance increased by 21% from previous model
• Good Surface Hardness : 3H
:icon_ banana:

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Installed ZAGG invisibleshield on both mine. :D One of them is done drying other has another few hours.

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score

Ok, I gotta tell you guys about my screen protector experience today. The woman who sold and set up my TB today had an EVO. She and all the other employees had ZAGG screen protectors on their phones since BB sells them (and charges about $10-15 to install them). Her phone looked pretty bubbly, and each one of her reps came up one by one to look at my Steinheil that I insisted on applying myself right out of the box before they set me up with everything. They kept saying how good it looked and felt to the touch. I made the same mistake that you mentioned though and put the top of it too close to the top of the screen and have a very small gap in the bottom. Apparently they are made to have a small amount of space around each edge to make it easier to line up when applying. No big deal though, its not much at all and I can fix it if I need to. The best part was that I did not have a single dust speck at all, and all the bubbles smoothed out instantly when applying it at the counter. The employees were impressed by my skills, and I have messed this process up before with past devices/protector brands. Just my 2 cents, for what its worth.

Oh, and Ultra Crystal will be a glass-like yet very strong surface. Very clear, but you may get some glossiness or smudges on it. This is probably the more popular choice. The Ultra Fine is made to resist glare and fingerprints, but it has a little bit more hazy look. I will say they are not especially easy to see outside with, especially with a lowered screen brightness, but they are clearer and smoother than any other "matte finish" screen protector that I know of.

And I ordered mine on a Monday morning and got them on a Thursday afternoon.

Last edited:

AlexSB

Reaction score

Liberated Droid II
• Hard coated for Scratches and Scuffs Proof • High Quality Optical Enhancement Film

• Ultra Fine Matte Film

+1 ooooo you gave me the exact details! Thanks goodlooking out =)

Guitarchris can I get you to apply it for me? Lol I like how you installed it right infront of them at BB lol normally I've been with Zagg but I've been hearing good things about steinheil and I want a screen protector that won't leave that "Greasy" finish under the screen protector (my cousins both got screen protectors from best buy and it looks like they permanently have the "face grease after you get off the phone" effect on them)

Which shipping options did you choose?

Liberated Droid II

Beka27

Reaction score
If it helps, I just got the Ultra Clear for my DX after months of having the crappy, anti-glare VZW protector on there. I am suddenly... in love with my phone again. It is gorgeous. The display is so clear and smooth, looks and feels naked.

georgek

Reaction score
I'm going to order a Ultra Crystal Clear. They seem to be getting really good reviews.

BGKris

Reaction score
Well looks like my head phone jack is not working right and going to get a replacement. I have 1 screen protector left and will do it right this time. I'm very anal and if anything is slightly off I loose sleep lol

BGKris

Reaction score

Liberated Droid II

• Ultra Fine Matte Film

+1 ooooo you gave me the exact details! Thanks goodlooking out =)

Guitarchris can I get you to apply it for me? Lol I like how you installed it right infront of them at BB lol normally I've been with Zagg but I've been hearing good things about steinheil and I want a screen protector that won't leave that "Greasy" finish under the screen protector (my cousins both got screen protectors from best buy and it looks like they permanently have the "face grease after you get off the phone" effect on them)

Which shipping options did you choose?

Liberated Droid II

Happy to help buddy!! I got my screens in 2-3 days as I live and it ships from california.

AlexSB

Reaction score
Thanks! I ordered my TB today and it isn't coming until Monday I was like Monday???? Lol I wonder how soon after my screens gonna get here...I ordered the Ultra Crystal =)

Liberated Droid II

BGKris

Reaction score
Thanks! I ordered my TB today and it isn't coming until Monday I was like Monday???? Lol I wonder how soon after my screens gonna get here...I ordered the Ultra Crystal =)

Liberated Droid II

Good luck!! Let us know how you like it! Make sure you leave a little room on the top so the buttom matches.