Blue Energy - Themed CyanogenMod ROM

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
New Themed Google App.zip will be on ROM Manager and OP Links in a few minutes. Don't know what happened but I hosed that apk somewhere along the line..

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
If anyone was trying to download the ROM through ROM Manager and it wasn't working, everything should be working normal again. I didn't notice my manifest file got put in the trash until I went to update it and couldn't find it..

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick fix!

Yeah, I didn't notice it because people have a hard enough time understanding me let alone my phone. Haha.

I tested it at one point and it worked, and I never changed anything in that file, ah well fixed now anyhow.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
things been running fine since last night, no idea what happened except possible cache issue on the kernel during install.
reinstalled and its all been fine.
good, I like the theme :)

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
You might be able to do it without wiping but I haven't tested it or recommend it. You might have random issues pop up.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Is it saying 'download unsuccessful' or 'installation unsuccessful' there two seperate errors.

That said I just updated HandcentSMS since there was an update and it worked just fine.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
No you shouldn't have to wipe coming from 1.0.2.

The Voice Search fix is in ThemedGoogleApps 1.4.1 you can download it here or on rom manager just install the new one through clockwork.

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
gotta say it, I really like this. with ability to change notification colors in spare parts (I use a yellow tint) the notification screen looks extremely nice.

only issue I see (in CM 5071) is that the theme name on bottom of notification pulldown is not readable, just a blurry blue line really. kind of detracts from the rest of it.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

Here are some of the things that I am working on. I am still working on another theme at the moment, a green theme, and another reddish theme is in planning. I also have another version of this theme available with Bugless Beast as a base instead of CM.

I am planning on making a base update.zip that will apply the main pieces of the theme including the google apps. (and add in two apps, face book and twitter (which don't update often))

Then I plan on making a seperate "app pack" that will include all of the other themed non google applications. ( This is so I can update one zip file and get it to you guys quickly)

Maintining a full ROM with updates for two different versions is becoming a full time job, and I think simple update.zips will get the main parts of the theme you guys like and let you customize what you want better (kernels, launchers, etc.) Plus the update will probably be 15MB or so compared to about 80 MB for the full ROM, so when it comes time to update it will be easier to download and install.

Thanks guys, hope to get this green and then the red theme released soon!