Blue Energy themed BB v.1.1

sanitroc

Reaction score
Have to say, I really enjoy this theme.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

woot505

Reaction score
Ok guys I have tried three times to put this blue theme over bb1.1 It downloads but will not load it goes ALL through the steps and then said instillation aborted????? Am I the only one this thing wont work with??? I have always used cm and jrummy, but decided to give bb a chance, now I wish I would have just stayed with jrummy!!!! BB does not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

woot505

Reaction score
Ok guys, PLEASE a little help here!! Why wont the blue energy theme work? I have bb 1.1, just downloaded it, twice to get it to work but finally did, changed kernals. let load up and all. then went back into rom manager, went to blue energy theme for bb1.1, click on it, tried backup and wipe the first time, didn't work!! Tried again no wipe just backup, didn't work!! Tried again NO backup and NO wipe, didn't work!!!! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???? I followed the instructions in the first post!!! Download bb1.1, then go back in and tap on blue theme for bb1.1 and let it do its thing!! Well its thing IS NOT TO WORK, ANYONE KNOW WHY????? It says after all the downloading and finding everything that its aborted (BAD)?????? Any ideas ANYONE??? Would be nice if roberj13 would chime in with some advise, I am at a lost!!! I know I am a noob, but for real, aborted three times????

chomorro

Reaction score
I say just install it using clockwork it works perfect for me. You install bbv1.1 found in the stickky of this section, then install what ever kernel you want, then install the blue energy theme. Reboot and let everything sync then install the blue energy app pack if you want those apps.

Its simple using the .zip files. Rom manager is easier but I have never used it and seems lots of people have issues with it.

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
Woot, I'm having the same problem as you. No matter what I do, I can't get it to work. I'm gonna try the Update.zip way later and see if that works.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Ok guys, PLEASE a little help here!! Why wont the blue energy theme work? I have bb 1.1, just downloaded it, twice to get it to work but finally did, changed kernals. let load up and all. then went back into rom manager, went to blue energy theme for bb1.1, click on it, tried backup and wipe the first time, didn't work!! Tried again no wipe just backup, didn't work!! Tried again NO backup and NO wipe, didn't work!!!! WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???? I followed the instructions in the first post!!! Download bb1.1, then go back in and tap on blue theme for bb1.1 and let it do its thing!! Well its thing IS NOT TO WORK, ANYONE KNOW WHY????? It says after all the downloading and finding everything that its aborted (BAD)?????? Any ideas ANYONE??? Would be nice if roberj13 would chime in with some advise, I am at a lost!!! I know I am a noob, but for real, aborted three times????

Try this if you are using ROM Manager. Sounds like your download was indeed bad. On the main ROM Manager screen, hit menu and then clear download cache. Then try downloading again. (If there is a bad download, ROM Manager doesn't know it and just tries to use the same download to save you time, but will keep trying to download the same bad file.)

Let me know if this works.

Blayzejlm

Reaction score
I tried clearing the ROM manager cache and redownloading the theme and it worked perfectly. Thanks!

woot505

Reaction score
Ok roberj13, I'm trying it now. Clearing cache in RM and redown loading!! Cross your fingers, I hope it works!!! Thanks for the reply, I was FRUSTRATED like a MF last night. I will let ya know how it goes, thanks again!!!

woot505

Reaction score
Ok tried it again after clearingcache, DID NOT WORK!!!!!!!! It says the file on RM is BAD!!!!!!!!!!!! iT DOWN LOADS, IT FINDS IT, IT OPENS IT, THEN SAYS CAN'T OPEN (BAD) INSTALLATION ABORTED?????????????? WTF?????

woot505

Reaction score
Ok roberj13, I have tried so many times to get this to work through rom manager, no luck. You might need to check the download or something. I have downloaded it so many times I cant count all of them. I wiped the cache in rom manager like you said, several times, still same thing(BAD). I did notice though some of the theme came through???? but not all of it???? one thing is the google search, it doesnt say google in colors in the bar?? and a few other themed items are noot themed, they are the way they were in bb originally?? You have any ideas??? Im at a lost still!!!

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't really know how to help you. I've checked the downloads, there has been 1200 downloads of this version, and you are the only person who has had this particular problem. I am not trying to be rude at all, I just don't know what the problem is. Have you tried just downloading from the link on the original post?

Either case, new version will be out when new BB comes out..

woot505

Reaction score
roberj13, your not being rude at all. If you probably can tell im am very impatient, persistant, but impatient. I will keep trying to figure out what is going wrong, I'm sure it has to be something I am doing?? I follow the instruction to the letter, it's hard to miss up using RM. I saw where other people have had to download it a couple of times to get it to work. I figured this was due to needing to wipe and didn't. I have tried it with out wiping, with wiping and clearing cache in RM as you sugested. It still said instalation aborted(BAD), but did load part of the theme?? I will keep monking with it, I will let you know the best I can what I find out, I am a noob after all, but there has to be a reason or something I am doing to make this happen. Also I have always used belkit 1.1 kernal on every rom I have used, worked great, good speed and temps stayed low. I tried with that kernal and got boot loops after install of bb 1.1. Had to go to belkit 1.0 and bb 1.1 installed fine. Do you think the kernal might be the problem with the theme? I wouldn't think so, but I am a noob ya know....lol Thanks for responding, I love the theme, thats what is driving me crazy....I WANT IT!!!!.....lol (blue is my FAVORITE color!!)

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Bootloops are ALWAYS either kernel or framework issues so it could be either.....By the way you ARE using the second choice on ROM manager, the top one is for froyo only.

OP
roberj13

roberj13

Reaction score
Actually I looked again the third second to last choice inrom manager