Bionic Release Date Fact

das2042

Reaction score
Well if all those rumored release dates were false, I hope the form factor is false too. I'm really crossing my fingers in hopes of a Razor like bionic android phone.
~Giggity~

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I <3'd the Etna's form factor, round corners are more comfortable for typing, don't care what anyone says.

tcayton49

Reaction score
The phone wasn't actually delayed, it was canceled if we're stating facts here.

How bad must of the Etna's problems been if they decided to completely trash it?

Again, you're going by what Johnny Leaksalot is saying and claiming it as fact. Motorola never ever ever announced they were going to release an Etna. How could they cancel something they never said they were releasing?

The Targa's never actually been delayed, they've just taken forever to release it, which is no different than delaying it 10 times. As it most likely ends up resulting in the same problem of being obsolete.

When the bionic is released, it will be the overall most technically advanced phone available. How is that obsolete?

tcayton49

Reaction score
Let me try this a different way. Bionic was first officially announced that it was coming Q2 2011. So at the time of that announcement there had been zero delays since it was the first announcement. Motorola's CEO then said it wasn't coming out Q2 because they wanted to make it a "better user experience" and said it will be out summer/Q3. that is the first delay. So at the point of that announcement there was one delay. Last week, he then announced it was coming in September. September is still summer/Q3 so saying it will come out on time according to the last official announcement is not a delay. So at the point of that announcement, there was still only one delay. Sure, everyone wanted the phone months ago and it sucks that its not out yet, but to say there has been more than one delay is just false and paints things in a much worse light than they should be.

:) You're still trying to explain why... when it doesn't matter nor does it help put the phone in my hand. People knew about the Bionic in January, and it's now September.

That's a long time no matter how you slice n dice it.

You're right, we don't have a bionic yet. And like I said, it sucks that its not out yet. My point is that there's no use in exaggerating or stating rumors as facts in order to make things look worse than they really are.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

How bad must of the Etna's problems been if they decided to completely trash it?

Again, you're going by what Johnny Leaksalot is saying and claiming it as fact. Motorola never ever ever announced they were going to release an Etna. How could they cancel something they never said they were releasing?

The Targa's never actually been delayed, they've just taken forever to release it, which is no different than delaying it 10 times. As it most likely ends up resulting in the same problem of being obsolete.

When the bionic is released, it will be the overall most technically advanced phone available. How is that obsolete?

What are you talking about? The Bionic Etna was completed at CES in January and was slated to arrive in Q2 by Motorola employees on the CES floor.

This was not a rumor, this was fact.

Motorola then said they were going to improve the phone, where they actually trashed the original Bionic, took the Targa which was the next phone in line and made it's name the Bionic.

das2042

Reaction score
Did You really say moto never said they were going to release the Etna? Man what are you smoking? Puff puff pass

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

tcayton49

Reaction score

What are you talking about? The Bionic Etna was completed at CES in January and was slated to arrive in Q2 by Motorola employees on the CES floor.

Motorola then said they were going to improve the phone, where they actually trashed the original Bionic, took the Targa which was the next phone in line and changed the name to the Bionic.

Maybe you should brush up on your Bionic history.

They announced a Bionic at CES, not an Etna. If you can find anything official from Moto saying it was an Etna, I will gladly eat crow.
Moto also never said they were cancelling anything. That was Johhny Leaksalot that said they were cancelling it. Again, if you can find anything official from Moto saying it was cancelled i will eat a double helping of crow. People are constantly taking what they read in leaks, deeming it official and using it to make whatever case they want to make.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Motorola then said they were going to improve the phone, where they actually trashed the original Bionic, took the Targa which was the next phone in line and changed the name to the Bionic.

They announced a Bionic at CES, not an Etna. If you can find anything official from Moto saying it was an Etna, I will gladly eat crow.
Moto also never said they were cancelling anything. That was Johhny Leaksalot that said they were cancelling it. Again, if you can find anything official from Moto saying it was cancelled i will eat a double helping of crow. People are constantly taking what they read in leaks, deeming it official and using it to make whatever case they want to make.

The Etna was the code name for the original Bionic. Just as the Targa is the code name for the current Bionic. That's why we say "Bionic Etna" or "Bionic Targa" when we're discussing past and present versions of the phone.

tcayton49

Reaction score

The Etna was the code name for the original Bionic. Just as the Targa is the code name for the current Bionic.

Sigh...

And you have something official from Moto saying this? Or just what you've read from "insiders"

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

The Etna was the code name for the original Bionic. Just as the Targa is the code name for the current Bionic.

Sigh...

And you have something official from Moto saying this? Or just what you've read from "insiders"

Here: http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&...c.r_pw.&fp=7caaed5eb0414d97&biw=1920&bih=1006

Morotola gives phones Code names prior to releasing their actual names. We don't make up the names, Motorola releases them to differentiate between devices prior to their official names being created.

In this case the Original Bionic was the Etna, then when it was scrapped, they still wanted to use the Bionic name so they chose to use it on the next phone in line, code named Targa.

tcayton49

Reaction score

Sigh...

I give up.

Here: Google

Morotola gives phones Code names prior to releasing their actual names. We don't make up the names, Motorola releases them to differentiate between devices prior to their official names being created.

In this case the Original Bionic was the Etna, then when it was scrapped, they still wanted to use the Bionic name so they chose to use it on the next phone in line, code named Targa.

So you have nothing official, but since a bunch of blogs have "insiders" that told them, then its just as good? Sorry but with all the "leaks" from "insiders" that have proven to be way off, I'm not going to put my faith in anything non official. This is still a case of using information from Johnny Leaksalot, deeming it official and twisting it to fit whatever argument you feel like making.

Reaction score

Sigh...

ok.. how about we trade all the "etna" for xt865 and the "targa" with xt875..Does that make everything better since there's no mention of code names?

The last two pages of this thread have proved to be horribly unproductive. The wordplay bickering is getting old fast. Why dont we all just sit back and wait for a few weeks. Even better there should be more light shed on the vigor by the time September (whatever) rolls around. (from those johnny leaksalot they've apparently been dubbed)

tcayton49

Reaction score
ok.. how about we trade all the "etna" for xt865 and the "targa" with xt875..Does that make everything better since there's no mention of code names?

The last two pages of this thread have proved to be horribly unproductive. The wordplay bickering is getting old fast. Why dont we all just sit back and wait for a few weeks. Even better there should be more light shed on the vigor by the time September (whatever) rolls around. (from those johnny leaksalot they've apparently been dubbed)

When people stop bashing Moto and the Bionic based on rumors, leaks and "inside information" I will happily stand down. It just gets incredibly annoying. If the bashing was based on official facts I wouldn't put up an argument.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

When people stop bashing Moto and the Bionic based on rumors, leaks and "inside information" I will happily stand down. It just gets incredibly annoying. If the bashing was based on official facts I wouldn't put up an argument.

yeah it's like that one time........you remember that time? That was crazy!