Bionic Release Date Fact

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
"That's what you say, i just wont believe it until I see something official.
And I hope I never need you as a lawyer. I'd get sued for $50 and end up getting the electric chair"

"Verizon has asked all their testers to return their Motorola Etna DROID BIONIC testing units, as the device will not be released.

What’s an Etna you ask? Well it’s Motorola’s working name for the device, Verizon ultimately gets to name devices upon release so there is still a possibility that the Motorola Targa may be released in quarter 3 as the Droid Bionic.

Even though Motorola is placing more effort in releasing the DROID X 2 (Daytona) next, followed by the DROID 3 (Solana), they still won’t have a 4G phone on Verizons LTE network until Q3."

More information, revealing the code names for the X2 which was the Daytona, and Solana which was the code name for the D3.

Do you understand now why Motorola gives them code names? As the wireless provider gives the device the official names.

So...you bring up leaks from "insiders" to which I respond that its just leaks from "insiders" which isn't official and many leakers are wrong. Your response is additional leaks from "insiders" to which I respond that its just leaks and not official and many leakers are wrong, to which you reply with...yep...more leaks from "insiders."
Let me try this a different way. I'm not going to believe anything that's not Officially from Moto or Verizon no matter how many blogs its been reported on. Any argument based on "inside information" when so much "inside information" has been proven false is an immediate fail. And this is how someone who gets sued for $50 ends up in the electric chair.

Enjoy the Bionic Targe picture, straight from the Motorola Test unit:

droid-bionic1-600x421.jpg

Reaction score
And you have something official from Moto saying this? Or just what you've read from "insiders"

I give up.

Here: Google

Morotola gives phones Code names prior to releasing their actual names. We don't make up the names, Motorola releases them to differentiate between devices prior to their official names being created.

In this case the Original Bionic was the Etna, then when it was scrapped, they still wanted to use the Bionic name so they chose to use it on the next phone in line, code named Targa.

So you have nothing official, but since a bunch of blogs have "insiders" that told them, then its just as good? Sorry but with all the "leaks" from "insiders" that have proven to be way off, I'm not going to put my faith in anything non official. This is still a case of using information from Johnny Leaksalot, deeming it official and twisting it to fit whatever argument you feel like making.

Permission to kick you in the jimmy cayton.. motos testing unit has a sticker with the name targa on it.. the bionic was NOT the targa all along... dancedroid

sk102704

Reaction score
Are you sure about that? No Specs and we all know just because it is on the list does not mean it will be released on that date. All we know that the HTC Vigor and the Stratosphere will be released at the end of the year or even next year... Also I heard from a source is the specs that was released the other day was not the full specs for the Bionic that is why it was taken down off the site.. My source said that we will be happy with the end result. So I am waiting it out...

+1. You're one of the few people I've seen on these forums who actually understands and doesn't complain. Anyways, I could not agree more about waiting it out. It will be a great success for the general VZW customers in my opinion. However its quiet boring reading all the criticism people put out there about phones not even released. Too many people on these forums "jump the gun" with nearly all their statements. You my friend...seem to understand the business world and unlike many others don't complain about everything.

Agreed on the complaining and whining about the so called outdated Bionic! I think it will sell very well amongst the people who are on all these forums, but I think it will be a great seller amongst the general public who make up a vast majority of the cell phone consumers and who Motorola and VZW are looking to please.

I don't have my heart set on the Bionic but it definitely has a large lead on anything else I'm considering. I think I'll be more than satisfied with the specs but most importantly, its coming soon. I'm in need of a new phone and I have been hanging onto my OG Droid until a worthy successor is available.

No phone just breezes through development and production. Issues always arise and manufacturers either rush to get their device to the market and release an inferior product or they take the time to ensure as many of these issues are resolved as possible.

Those who spend their days complaining about the Bionic obviously aren't looking for the same thing in a phone as I am. Which is great device that meets my needs, not something to bring to a pissing contest.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Those who spend their days complaining about the Bionic obviously aren't looking for the same thing in a phone as I am. Which is great device that meets my needs, not something to bring to a pissing contest.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

In case anyone missed this....

hunter9604

Reaction score
This is the last time I'm responding to you as I think I've been quite nice about all of this.

Motorola reveals these code names to news sites, so that they can keep the actual names private until they wish to reveal them. A lot of times so that they have all of their copyrights in order prior to release.

Motorola releases official information and so they don't have to call a device the TX83803740-48-472292, they give it a name, aka Etna and Targa.

That's what you say, i just wont believe it until I see something official.
And I hope I never need you as a lawyer. I'd get sued for $50 and end up getting the electric chair

I don't think that's possible, is it? Can you sue someone and have them end up in the electric chair? That sounds highly implausible to me........just sayin

No, but it could happen with the current gov't... But I didn't say anything

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

bigdad63

Reaction score
People, people can't we all just get along..........and be comforted by the fact that the Stratosphere and Vigor are probably going to crush the Bionic.

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Are you sure about that? No Specs and we all know just because it is on the list does not mean it will be released on that date. All we know that the HTC Vigor and the Stratosphere will be released at the end of the year or even next year... Also I heard from a source is the specs that was released the other day was not the full specs for the Bionic that is why it was taken down off the site.. My source said that we will be happy with the end result. So I am waiting it out...

I'm gonna' wait too, even if the GSII slides in before the Bionic...no I'm lying, I would buy the GSII as soon as it hit the shelf and then go back into the store and give a little hands on to the Bionic. I'm in no way sure about specs, just poking a little fun at moto. Although I'd be lying if I tried to say I wasn't a little excited about what appears to be a release roadmap that could potentially give some possible dates for what could be theoretically better phones.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
in the future I'm just going to get the release date of the iphone so I know when a sick android is coming out

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk