Bionic Release Date Fact

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
And you have something official from Moto saying this? Or just what you've read from "insiders"

I give up.

Here: Google

Morotola gives phones Code names prior to releasing their actual names. We don't make up the names, Motorola releases them to differentiate between devices prior to their official names being created.

In this case the Original Bionic was the Etna, then when it was scrapped, they still wanted to use the Bionic name so they chose to use it on the next phone in line, code named Targa.

So you have nothing official, but since a bunch of blogs have "insiders" that told them, then its just as good? Sorry but with all the "leaks" from "insiders" that have proven to be way off, I'm not going to put my faith in anything non official. This is still a case of using information from Johnny Leaksalot, deeming it official and twisting it to fit whatever argument you feel like making.

This is the last time I'm responding to you as I think I've been quite nice about all of this.

Motorola reveals these code names to news sites, so that they can keep the actual names private until they wish to reveal them. A lot of times so that they have all of their copyrights in order prior to release.

Motorola releases official information and so they don't have to call a device the TX83803740-48-472292, they give it a name, aka Etna and Targa.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
When people stop bashing Moto and the Bionic based on rumors, leaks and "inside information" I will happily stand down. It just gets incredibly annoying. If the bashing was based on official facts I wouldn't put up an argument.

Maybe you're taking it too personal? Just sayin'. :)

But you gotta admit, from January to September... people have been waiting for this phone... whether they have their facts straight or not, they're frustrated that the phone they were teased with (forget code names, model #'s, people just know Bionic - and so does Motorola!!) still isn't here.

And they're frustrated that they've been hoping it wouldn't take so long... not an unreasonable hope either.

tcayton49

Reaction score
I give up.

Here: Google

Morotola gives phones Code names prior to releasing their actual names. We don't make up the names, Motorola releases them to differentiate between devices prior to their official names being created.

In this case the Original Bionic was the Etna, then when it was scrapped, they still wanted to use the Bionic name so they chose to use it on the next phone in line, code named Targa.

So you have nothing official, but since a bunch of blogs have "insiders" that told them, then its just as good? Sorry but with all the "leaks" from "insiders" that have proven to be way off, I'm not going to put my faith in anything non official. This is still a case of using information from Johnny Leaksalot, deeming it official and twisting it to fit whatever argument you feel like making.

This is the last time I'm responding to you as I think I've been quite nice about all of this.

Motorola reveals these code names to news sites, so that they can keep the actual names private until they wish to reveal them. A lot of times so that they have all of their copyrights in order prior to release.

Motorola releases official information and so they don't have to call a device the TX83803740-48-472292, they give it a name, aka Etna and Targa.

That's what you say, i just wont believe it until I see something official.
And I hope I never need you as a lawyer. I'd get sued for $50 and end up getting the electric chair

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score

That's what you say, i just wont believe it until I see something official.
And I hope I never need you as a lawyer. I'd get sued for $50 and end up getting the electric chair

I don't think that's possible, is it? Can you sue someone and have them end up in the electric chair? That sounds highly implausible to me........just sayin

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
"That's what you say, i just wont believe it until I see something official.
And I hope I never need you as a lawyer. I'd get sued for $50 and end up getting the electric chair"

"Verizon has asked all their testers to return their Motorola Etna DROID BIONIC testing units, as the device will not be released.

What’s an Etna you ask? Well it’s Motorola’s working name for the device, Verizon ultimately gets to name devices upon release so there is still a possibility that the Motorola Targa may be released in quarter 3 as the Droid Bionic.

Even though Motorola is placing more effort in releasing the DROID X 2 (Daytona) next, followed by the DROID 3 (Solana), they still won’t have a 4G phone on Verizons LTE network until Q3."

More information, revealing the code names for the X2 which was the Daytona, and Solana which was the code name for the D3.

Do you understand now why Motorola gives them code names? As the wireless provider gives the device the official names.

tcayton49

Reaction score
And I hope I never need you as a lawyer. I'd get sued for $50 and end up getting the electric chair"

"Verizon has asked all their testers to return their Motorola Etna DROID BIONIC testing units, as the device will not be released.

What’s an Etna you ask? Well it’s Motorola’s working name for the device, Verizon ultimately gets to name devices upon release so there is still a possibility that the Motorola Targa may be released in quarter 3 as the Droid Bionic.

Even though Motorola is placing more effort in releasing the DROID X 2 (Daytona) next, followed by the DROID 3 (Solana), they still won’t have a 4G phone on Verizons LTE network until Q3."

More information, revealing the code names for the X2 which was the Daytona, and Solana which was the code name for the D3.

Do you understand now why Motorola gives them code names? As the wireless provider gives the device the official names.

So...you bring up leaks from "insiders" to which I respond that its just leaks from "insiders" which isn't official and many leakers are wrong. Your response is additional leaks from "insiders" to which I respond that its just leaks and not official and many leakers are wrong, to which you reply with...yep...more leaks from "insiders."
Let me try this a different way. I'm not going to believe anything that's not Officially from Moto or Verizon no matter how many blogs its been reported on. Any argument based on "inside information" when so much "inside information" has been proven false is an immediate fail. And this is how someone who gets sued for $50 ends up in the electric chair.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score

So...you bring up leaks from "insiders" to which I respond that its just leaks from "insiders" which isn't official and many leakers are wrong. Your response is additional leaks from "insiders" to which I respond that its just leaks and not official and many leakers are wrong, to which you reply with...yep...more leaks from "insiders."
Let me try this a different way. I'm not going to believe anything that's not Officially from Moto or Verizon no matter how many blogs its been reported on. Any argument based on "inside information" when so much "inside information" has been proven false is an immediate fail. And this is how someone who gets sued for $50 ends up in the electric chair.

You're being reported for trolling, enjoy your time off.

tcayton49

Reaction score

I understand. After all, stating facts in a thread called "bionic release date facts" is pretty much...no...wait...actually its the exact opposite of trolling. But thanks anyway.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score

He isnt trolling he has a point. Probably pissed of like I am with all this "inside" info being wrong. And having to endure this terrible wait from Jan 6 till now.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok everybody. Play nice or don't play at all. There's nothing to warrant any time off here. But if the arguing continues the thread will be closed.
If you can't say anything nice why bother typing it out?

end of line...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
jstafford1, please just reveal to this guy that these code names are given by the manufacturer. To not acknowledge this highly known fact is a disservice to our duty in this community to inform.

DarkDreamer13

Reaction score
Any argument based on "inside information" when so much "inside information" has been proven false is an immediate fail. And this is how someone who gets sued for $50 ends up in the electric chair.

Here's an idea: why not apply COMMON SENSE when reading/hearing inside information and taking it with a grain of salt, instead of just automatically assuming everything from an insider is false and an "immediate fail"? I thought it was common knowledge (to people who follow Android/the Bionic) that the original Bionic was complete scrapped after CES and that the next phone in line just inherited the name.
Also, if Motorola doesn't use codenames, how do they tell phones apart? You believe that they use the names released to the public? The whole time they're designing it? Why don't you go ahead and show us an official document that says that. Cuz as you've said, if it's not official, then it CAN'T be real/right/correct...

Sent from my Forbidden HeXenated D2G

tcayton49

Reaction score
Also, if Motorola doesn't use codenames, how do they tell phones apart? You believe that they use the names released to the public? The whole time they're designing it? Why don't you go ahead and show us an official document that says that. Cuz as you've said, if it's not official, then it CAN'T be real/right/correct...

Sent from my Forbidden HeXenated D2G

I'm not claiming that they do or don't use codenames nor am i claiming I know what those codenames are or are not if they do indeed use them. I'm claiming that i'm not going to automatically believe "inside information" if there is nothing official to back it up. I'm also claiming that people are using this "inside information" to paint moto, verizon, and the bionic in a far more negative light than they should be cast in.
And i'm just kind of annoyed by the whole situation. its frustrating enough to have to keep waiting for this phone, I don't really want to read page after page after page of people using the same "inside information" which may or may not be correct to bash the phone. If there is legitimate information here, i'd like to be able to get to it without 73 people posting rants about being upset over the numerous delays when in fact there has been only one delay but they are using "inside information" to state their case.

Covington

Reaction score
Guys, this whole thread has brought me barrels of laughs, but let's not get TOO serious. It seems like neither one of you is going to change the others mind, so why waste your time?
Relax :)