Bionic Release Date Fact

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by CaptM, Aug 3, 2011.

1. CaptM

CaptM New Member

Maybe it's because it has been a few months and people are forgetfull or just don't research very well. I honestly do not know how people get so angry about what they have made up in their own minds, never once has the new iteration of the Motorola Driod Bionic, designated XT875 ever been delayed.

Straight from Motorola, it has been stated that this phone has been slated for a September Release.

The New DROID BIONIC: Coming Soon - Fact Sheets - Motorola Mobility, Inc.

This was relased back on April 19th, 2011, and it clearly states:

"In collaboration with Verizon Wireless, we are expecting to launch DROID BIONIC this September."

So why all the animosity towards Verizon and Moto about this device being "Delayed" and that they "Missed the Mark", they have never once strayed from what was officially released.

All of this Mob Mentality starts from one person stating something that they have no clue about and everyone jumps in and believes it.

What is wrong with some of you people

Attached Files:

2. sbenson

sbenson New Member

Agreed. People need to chill. It's just a phone. If you're tired of waiting, get a different phone. End of story.
  3. Engineer_900

Engineer_900 New Member

+1 dancedroid
  4. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team Premium Member

Dude. You can't be serious? You do realize that page gas been edited for te september release? Do you know how many thousands of people have seen that article? It has never stated a September release until now.
  5. anuraj1

anuraj1 Active Member

I'm almost positive that it said "this summer" and not "this September" when this memo was first released.
  6. DoctorV

DoctorV Member

Guards!!! Seize him and burn him at the stake for heresy!!!!!
  7. i can read

i can read New Member

The more people who are not getting the bionic means the more I don't have to worry about this phone being sold out when I get it
  8. CaptM

CaptM New Member

You mean just like every other page that gets edited and everyone is so quick to debunk it or belive it?

Sorry but this has been the same page since April 19th, has not been changed.
    So believe it or don't believe it, it's what you'll do anyway, you already have your mind set and at this point, doesn't look like anything else can change it regardless.
  9. anuraj1

anuraj1 Active Member

Actually, the original did say summer, and it says it was published January 5th, 2011 (the day of CES) so that's obviously wrong. It was actually published at the end of April. So YES, these pages DO get edited. Here's an article with a pic of the original.

Official: The

Boom, roasted.
  10. CaptM

CaptM New Member

Well, with the date of Jan, 5th, that would have been refering to the original phone tagged "Droid Bionic" which was cancelled and wasn't that phones original release date supposed to be First Quarter?
    So again I say, believe what you want to believe (fact or not), it is what most people do anyway.

I'm still exicted about the phone and that is going to be my next upgrade.
    (isn't that all that really matters anyway?) :)
  11. anuraj1

anuraj1 Active Member

Agreed, I'm super excited too. I think it will be my new device no matter what is rumored to be launching after.
  12. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I think it was supped to be in the 2nd Q....

So....it said Summer. I think most ppl wanted it to come the beginning of Summer...lol has to be the problem.

Or Summer that means not back in school, June thru Aug. The official Summer ends Sept. 22 and Summer doesnt officially start entil June 21,22.

All this is according to some sites about the seasons.

So why do ppl keep saying delayed, delayed, delayed again? Aug was never an official date, that was all rumors...
  13. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

because unfortunately people take rumors as 100% fact.
  14. CaptM

CaptM New Member

Of course we could all wait till 2016 and get an octoquad processor, 64 GB's of onboard memory (expandable to 128GB), realtime full holographic projection screen, Psi-link direct brain interface, and it'll make you an expresso. :)
  15. dlo-htown

dlo-htown New Member

Didn't the CEO of Motorola Mobility (or his spokesperson) tell the world that due to feedback from the 2011 CES just shortly after the CES, that they were delaying the release of the Droid Bionic?

So, if the CEO himself says the Bionic was delayed, then it's good enough for me.

:)
  16. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

^Yea...that was in this post:
    Its in the 2nd paragraph. So far there has been only 1 official delay from May til summer. Thats probably another thing.....May til Summer coulda meant June.

I cant wait til it comes out......to end all the talk about it coming out, being outdated....then we can talk about real world use of the phone.
  17. GBH2

GBH2 New Member

BUT, some guy on a blog said August and this guy on a forum had a friend who talked to a Verizon rep and they said no but coughed when they said it, So, that meant August. This means Motorola is screwing with us and has the phones ready and just wants to make us wait and laugh at us cause they are mean and evil and don't know how to make phones.
  18. Liderc

Liderc New Member

The original Bionic was delayed, forever. That's a fact. The phone we now call the Bionic was supposed to be an entirely different phone, so yes, the original Bionic that we all saw at CES has been delayed forever. It was to be released in the 1st quarter, that's what every person with hands on Bionic info said in their video interviews, feel free to go watch them.

The Targa Bionic was most likely always supposed to come out around August/September, but when you change the name on something, that doesn't mean you can just say oh it's only been delayed once, because it's simply not the truth.

I've used a Motorola phone for the last 8 years of my life, but I'm tired of seeing people stand behind Motorola when they've clearly screwed the pooch with the release of the Bionic.

The page was edited from Summer to September and anyone who says it wasn't didn't see the original page after CES.
  19. GBH2

GBH2 New Member

People aren't blindly defending Motorola.

Some of us argue about the "delay" discussion because many people make incorrect logical leaps thru intellectual laziness and this can adversely influence newcomers to the forum and give them the wrong impression of what has occurred with the Bionic.

TRUE - There has been a delay in a phone called the Bionic being released from the first time it was mentioned.

TRUE - There has been a delay in Motorola bringing a dual-core LTE phone to market.

TRUE - Motorola decided to scrap the original phone(xt865 "Etna") which was to be the Bionic.

FALSE - This phone (XT875 Motorola codename Targa) keeps getting delayed and delayed.

It is completely FALSE to say that This phone is having problems, or Motorola is having trouble getting it done and keeps delaying it. This phone that is going to be released is completely on track and is going to be released as planned and on schedule.

If people cannot understand the distinctions between these statements, I suggest you stop wasting your time on the internet and go back to school.
  20. tommyg562000

tommyg562000 Member

All I know is the phone better be priced at $199, especially since it is no longer next gen technology. It's just dumb that it's coming out just 4 months before the next CES!
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Search tags for this page

motorola droid bionic xt 865 release date