Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Preach read up : ) Quadrant is nonsense. Here's some REAL benchmarks.

Check out the video on the second page. This thing flys. Butter smooth and apps open instantly. Ships with Near-Field as well

I should mention this is not even final software with updated drivers. This is only preliminary. SII will be pretty stout when it ships

Samsung's Galaxy S II Preliminary Performance: Mali-400MP Benchmarked - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

Thanks CK If the release date is True I will try Both Phones out and Make my Decision... I like The Screen, The Speed, No lag, but have fear that there might not be no updates for it. That is the only thing that makes me lean toward the Bionic is how they treated Samsung owners in the past. Is there an HDMI Port?

Last edited:

creaky

Reaction score
I too would really like to try these phones out side by side. I've had my heart set on the Bionic for months but the S2 is just too enticing to ignore. OK, VZW, let's get this show on the road....

OP
A

allan1313

Reaction score
Other than that leaked roadmap what other indications are there that the S2 will be coming to Verizon?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I've got the same question as the previous poster. Do we know for sure that it'll be hitting verizon? Or is that roadmap the only "source" for that knowledge?

Ran across this today: Samsung Galaxy S2 Site Goes Live, Specs Hint AT&T

From what I been reading this phone is just going to AT&T. I do not think it is coming to Verizon. I ask my contact about it he said there is a Samsung Charge is coming and The Bionic. The DX is only 3G not 4G. I am thinking the release Road Map list is a fake. This is my opinion after reading around and after talking to my contact.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
SII is_supposed_ to be an LTE device on Verizon.

Sent from my Droid

dafischman

Reaction score
CK: Any sources other than the release map? Up until that I had heard nothing about the SII going to VZ at all.

Josh

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
CK: Any sources other than the release map? Up until that I had heard nothing about the SII going to VZ at all.

Josh

Negative.....I wasn't expecting the SII neither but it was mentioned after this info "leaked" that it would be an LTE device.

Its hard to decipher the noise from the good info nowadays. If I hear anything worth posting I will but at this point I don't have anything other than that.

Sent from my Droid

dafischman

Reaction score

Josh

Negative.....I wasn't expecting the SII neither but it was mentioned after this info "leaked" that it would be an LTE device.

Its hard to decipher the noise from the good info nowadays. If I hear anything worth posting I will but at this point I don't have anything other than that.

Sent from my Droid

Please do!!! I keep spinning round in circles trying to figure out what I'm gonna do... LOL, at this rate, I'm not sure I'm ever going to make a decision.

Josh

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I hear you : ) its getting ridiculous.

Sent from my Droid

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Verizon NEEDS to get some good flagship Droid phones out there. The Bionic will be good, but not a game changer by any means. If the S2 weren't to happen, I would honestly drop back to the Incredible 2 over the Bionic. I know it doesn't have LTE, but there is just something about the Bionic that isn't doing it for me.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Verizon NEEDS to get some good flagship Droid phones out there. The Bionic will be good, but not a game changer by any means. If the S2 weren't to happen, I would honestly drop back to the Incredible 2 over the Bionic. I know it doesn't have LTE, but there is just something about the Bionic that isn't doing it for me.

+1 on VZW needing something big. The Bionic ain't cutting it.

If the SII doesn't come... then I really don't see anything that I wanna get (LG's offering on VZW was stripped of it's dual core :(). I'll have to decide on a device I really want elsewhere, or settle for something on VZW. And it's terrible that I have to think this way... shouldn't have to 'settle' for a device. Just get something big VZW!

creaky

Reaction score
Yeah, depending on how long VZW drags its feet I will think about going w/ G SII on AT&T. Their coverage is good here and I can use the phone in Europe (I was under the false impression that the LTE phones would work overseas and very bummed that they won't).

Jester6x

Reaction score

This this statement baffles me. How come? Why is the Bionic so bad all of a sudden? A few months ago this was the phone to have and now the S2 is leaps and bounds better? I have seen several people ask but no one gives a straight answer, why are people saying the S2 is so much better than the Bionic? Sooo confused, haha

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

This this statement baffles me. How come? Why is the Bionic so bad all of a sudden? A few months ago this was the phone to have and now the S2 is leaps and bounds better? I have seen several people ask but no one gives a straight answer, why are people saying the S2 is so much better than the Bionic? Sooo confused, haha

I should've added "for me".

The Bionic only has 512mb of RAM. That's what kills me about the device itself... and Moto's antics of locking everything down.

... my comment stems more from the fact that LG, HTC and Samsung have these dual core devices coming out, and other than the SII (which still isn't confirmed) none of them are coming to VZW any time soon. Why is my only choice for dual core on VZW at this point going to be the Bionic?

I do apologize for any confusion... and don't mean to make the Bionic seem like junk... but I'm not looking for a Moto device (except maybe the Targa) so in my opinion the Bionic isn't cutting it on VZW... for me :)