Bionic or Galaxy S2

OP
A

allan1313

Reaction score
That is how I feel. I was all about the bionic then along came the S2 to Verizon and it got me thinking. The S2 looks great. I am torn.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
The Galaxy S2, hands down. That phone has specs, looks beautiful and is a performer. Winner across the board. I was leaning towards a couple others, but after seeing this, I'm holding out for the Galaxy.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
There is only 1 thing that frightens me about this phone. Updates!!! They have always been slow giving Samsung phones updates or not updating them at all.. I would choose it over the Bionic but with the update issue or not getting one at all bothers me...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am a Moto fan myself, I have considered a jump to HTC but not to Samsung -

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
HTC's battery woes have kept me at bay.... but I have grown to appreciate Sense UI.

... I don't think Samsung does well with updates but the specs on the SII are too good to ignore... at least for me

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Out of the available skins Sense is by far the best with the new Blur right behind...

corymcnutt

Reaction score
The Galaxy S2, hands down. That phone has specs, looks beautiful and is a performer. Winner across the board. I was leaning towards a couple others, but after seeing this, I'm holding out for the Galaxy.
How does Samsung and Moto compare on Talk quality & Radios? I heard Moto can really pull in the signals; I use mine foremost as a phone and need good reception and sound quality - speakerphone too.

girlsliketech2

Reaction score
So is the S2 on VZW definitely a 4g? I haven't done much researching into it because I thought it'd be coming out later in the year. If so, I just might have to consider holding out for this if it's coming in May.

chuckz28

Reaction score
From benchmarks and spec sheet Exynos is superior to Tegra 2 , it has a better GPU , supports DDR3 compared to DDR2 on Tegra 2 and NEON media processing engine .
Galaxy 2 also has a superior Super Amoled Plus screen that needs less power , has double the amount of RAM . it's thinner , lighter , it has a gyroscope , from previews a better camera , it's not a Motorola .

I don't know what benchmarks you're looking at. I just watched 3 different videos on YouTube of the galaxy s2 running very poor quadrants. 1500-1600 range vs bionics tegra 2 running 2600s. And it doesn't much matter if the CPU supports ddr3 if the device doesnt use it. I haven't even seen anywhere mentioning s2 using anything but standard DDR. I could be mistaken on the ram but watching the benchmarks proves the Sammy processor can't hang with the nvidia.

rage151

Reaction score
I read somewhere that it is T-Mobile bound. Too early to tell, I guess.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Jester6x

Reaction score
So is the S2 on VZW definitely a 4g? I haven't done much researching into it because I thought it'd be coming out later in the year. If so, I just might have to consider holding out for this if it's coming in May.

I'm in the same boat. Figured it was a fall release. After reading the replies it seems like people are liking the SII over the bionic. Kind of curious as to why?

Also someone mentioned the hackability (that's probably not a word) of the Samsung phones. Curious on this as well since I don't know much about Sammy phones

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

player52

Reaction score
i think im gonna jump ship to the S2 but i need to know how the dev comm will take it

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Depends if it's all gimped up like the Fascinate was. If it's remotely close to the international version of the Galaxy SII, it's THE phone to get. Also, the new TouchWiz 4.0 adds some pretty nifty stuff. :)

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
How does Samsung and Moto compare on Talk quality & Radios? I heard Moto can really pull in the signals; I use mine foremost as a phone and need good reception and sound quality - speakerphone too.

I'm not sure on this personally. I'm hoping maybe one of our group will get a tester to see how it compares. It's a risk getting a Samsung given their spotty update history, but the thing is dead sexy and I would be willing to risk it. Especially with the rest of the details on it. I would be very surprised to see Samsung not updating this phone on a more frequent and timely basis. Could be wrong, wouldn't be a first, but we'll see.