Bionic or Galaxy S2

Vito.a

Reaction score
Apparently the Samsung Galaxy S II was first released in Russia last month. T-Mobile is said to be first in the US, and if you look carefully at the Verizon release leak, there is no date next to the S II. The S II and the X2 are simply listed below the Bionic which has May (with no day) next to it.
So, I'm not sure when it will be released on Verizon.

C

crazins

Bionic. Do It.

With the "leak" from Verizon that the Bionic and Galaxy S2 will likely be both dropping around May I am having trouble deciding which phone to get. I was set on the Bionic as I like the build of Moto phones, but the specs on the Galaxy S2 have really caught my attention.

The Galaxy has more ram and a better ffc, but the Bionic seems to have the better processor. Decisions, decisions.

I dont belive that "leak" for a minute. want to see a spread sheet that says bionic will come out in dec. 2012 but only if Cthulu appears to destroy the world? cause I can make one just like it in excel. I can even put the pretty 'road map' on top to make it 'official'​

I like the big display, the nvida game store, the dual cores etc... personally I'd go with the bionic. what is the galaxy s2 have going for it that makes it so special? only down side to the bionic is motoblur.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I have been keeping my eye on this phone also. But I have some Questions? What do you think about how Samsung treated people that got the phones in the past? Do you think they will continue doing it? Slow with the updates or tell their phone owners no phone OS updates at all!!! Just want your opinions!!

Last edited:
C

crazins

Well anything samsung I have bought has been good but i hear the fastest to get updates is htc phones followed by motorola phones. There was a whole graph on it somewhere out there I just cant remember where I saw it. I just remember that HTC dominated it for updates followed loosely by moto with all others trailing behind tragically. I think its a quality phone but I just feel motorola is a bit more edgy when it comes to handset innovations.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I heard that the Fascinate did not have an official version of Froyo... That is unacceptable if it is true!!! This is why I am going with the Bionic!!!! Although the Galaxy S2 looks like a good phone specs wise. I could not stand to stuck with an old OS software when others are getting OS updates....

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
You're right about HTC traditionally being the fastest. The hope is that maybe the S2 will be better about it since it will be a flagship phone. Really hard to say though and will be a bit of a gamble. I will say for me personally it will make my decision easier if the phone can be rooted. Then I wouldn't have to depend on updates. But that is still unclear at this point.

C

crazins

You're right about HTC traditionally being the fastest. The hope is that maybe the S2 will be better about it since it will be a flagship phone. Really hard to say though and will be a bit of a gamble. I will say for me personally it will make my decision easier if the phone can be rooted. Then I wouldn't have to depend on updates. But that is still unclear at this point.

EFGantry

Reaction score

the lack of support by Sam is troubling. the specs on this thing look very enticing, tho.

here's something that you (or somebody) can maybe clarify for me... you mention that if it's rooted, that might lessen the lack of updates. i wholeheartedly agree that rooting is a big edge for a device. BUT, even if you can install custom roms and kernels, if there's no sbf for the device for updated OS versions, then even rom dev'rs won't be able to develop custom roms for the newer OS versions - true or no?????

all in all, i'm going to wait for more info/specs on the Targa - that's the one that really has my eye right now.

Last edited:

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

the lack of support by Sam is troubling. the specs on this thing look very enticing, tho.

here's something that you (or somebody) can maybe clarify for me... you mention that if it's rooted, that might lessen the lack of updates. i wholeheartedly agree that rooting is a big edge for a device. BUT, even if you can install custom roms and kernels, if there's no sbf for the device for updated OS versions, then even rom dev'rs won't be able to develop custom roms for the newer OS versions - true or no?????

That's something I'm not positive about. One of those deeper in the know than me will have to answer that. I think you might be right that it can make things harder.

Also, to clarify, I hope they do pick up the updates as I don't think it fair only that only rooted users would theoretically be able to update. That would not be a good thing.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I have been keeping my eye on this phone also. But I have some Questions? What do you think about how Samsung treated people that got the phones in the past? Do you think they will continue doing it? Slow with the updates or tell their phone owners no phone at all!!! Just want your opinions!!

With the SII Samsung just tossed their chips into the pot. Its clear they have upped the ante in regards to their Galaxy S line. No other phone on the market will touch it performance wise other than the LG Optimus 3D. LG and Samsung have stepped up their game big time this year and have left Moto and HTC behind.

I think they will support the Galaxy SII and Charge because they are now a major player in the Android game.
I chalk up last year as being "rookies "

Regardless this handset is too good to pass up. If the Targa is released with a Quad Core that may get my attention but so far the SII is looking like a great purchase.

Sent from my Droid

OP
A

allan1313

Reaction score
Now if we could just get Verizon to give some specific release dates.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Not to mention Touchwiz 4.0 is awesome and I normally dislike custom UI's

Sent from my Droid