Galaxy s2... Vs my phone

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
So they're going to have ICS finalized and a Nexus device released this month? Not buying it...

And I'm not doubting that they will announce the Nexus device at the show this month, but don't see it being released until later this year at the earliest.

Well according to every source on every android site, this isn't the case. I think I'll take their word for it, especially since they were going to reveal the device and ICS at the show on the 17th.

As for the release date, if you read my post, you'll see I said nothing about it being released.

We have seen a video of the device in use, with ICS, so it's out in the wild for sure.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/10/07/massive-samsung-galaxy-nexus-leak-video-and-much-much-more/

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just like we waited for an extra 9 months for the Bionic, luckily I'm trained to not worry about delays anymore thanks to that debacle.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Completely unimpressed with that video.

As far as I'm concerned the Bionic is so fast there is no delay whatsoever. Also HTC stinks and Samsung never updates anything. Motorola all the way - love my Bionic.dancedroid

Well according to every source on every android site, this isn't the case. I think I'll take their word for it, especially since they were going to reveal the device and ICS at the show on the 17th.

As for the release date, if you read my post, you'll see I said nothing about it being released.

We have seen a video of the device in use, with ICS, so it's out in the wild for sure.

Massive Samsung Galaxy Nexus Leak, Video and Much Much More - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
How can the SGII be faster when everything on the Bionic is instant?

I wonder the same thing. Unless the phones magically knows your next move before you press a button, I just font see how the gs2 is much faster than the Bionic when I press or move on my phone its there. Oh well.

Agreed. The GS2 is a beast no doubt about it. The Bionic though can hold its own.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Yeah I was wondering that too will the nexus prime be up to date like motorola devices wich get updates every few times a yr? Or will it be like only 1 update a yr like tge fascinate

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Yeah I was wondering that too will the nexus prime be up to date like motorola devices wich get updates every few times a yr? Or will it be like only 1 update a yr like tge fascinate

If it's a nexus phone then google is in charge of the updates. Samsung/Verizon will be in charge of maintenance updates.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Oh ok thanks wasnt quite shure how that worked wel I hope its a nexus cuse if its a samsung I might not be getting it because of how long verizon takes to do the updates

Dark_Jedi

Reaction score
Yea, samsung doesnt know how to update anything. I have had the Fascinate and the Charge, and they both never received any updates.

OP
K

kurumatt

Reaction score
Obviously network is why I'm on a bionic vs a gs2. But the screen is brighter. It feels noticeably faster. Installing apps it blew my phone away. And its paper thin.

But I love my lte. And really that's what these devices are all about. With out network its worthless.

Sent from my UNLEASHED bionic

yiannis

Reaction score
I'm at the att store with my sister who I convinced to get a galaxy s2 instead of an iPhone 4s. I'm so jealous. The galaxy is a beast. its definitely noticeably faster than the bionic. But at least I still have lte. Its a shame that phone is not on verizon.

Sent from my UNLEASHED bionic

I agree, and I'm afraid that phones like the Vigor and the Prime will require massive amounts of battery to fill up all these pixels. Motorola should have put a 4460 OMAP @1.5 Ghz in the Bionic.

Then again good luck getting Samsung to update the SGS II with ICS... They are notorious for support...

Reaction score

Motorola devices are usually only updated about twice or three times a year (if you're lucky). The droid 2 only received 2 in one year.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

M

Mullensbb

Motorola devices are usually only updated about twice or three times a year (if you're lucky). The droid 2 only received 2 in one year.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

which is what 3x as much as a samsung?