1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bestskinsever skin is WAY better than the ZAGG skin...

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by GreenJeans, Nov 23, 2009.

1. GreenJeans

GreenJeans New Member

Truth.

I had the zagg skin, then the bse skin came out, and was cheap, so I got 2.
    The bse skin has higher quality production (they remove the negative skin, makes it easier to peel off the card), smoother application (the bse skin tends to float into place until you squeegee the water out. The zagg skin slides a bit and sticks), and better coverage (the zagg skin was in more pieces, and left the edge of the corners slightly exposed. the bse skin fit perfect, in fewer pieces, with a little bit more coverage).
    Maybe due to the temperamentalness of applying the zagg skin, but the bse skin looks nicer, no bubbles.

looking back, I shoulda took pictures of the zagg skin on, but trust me, the bse skin is better.
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Sounds like an Ad...
  3. jsquared

jsquared New Member

I just finished installing mine +1 this is my 4th full body cover (3M, invisible guard, zagg and now BSE) SO MUCH EASIER TO INSTALL...just use a blow dryer for the corners and now I'm waiting for it to dry for at least 12-16 hrs before turning it back on...will post pictures when I have a chance
  4. wildrage

wildrage New Member

My experience is that BSE and Zagg are nearly identical. The difference is that Zagg comes with a squeegy and solution. The vast difference in price always makes BSE my choice.

In 1 or 2 instances I found that Zagg provided more coverage then BSE (for example, for my Omnia, the Zagg kit came with a cut out for the optical mouse and the BSE did not).

I think they are both better then Ghost Armor, which is made from a more vinyl-like material. I recommend Ghost Armor for the screen only (less friction being that it is more vinyl-like).

BSE gets a +1 from me.
  5. mac5217

mac5217 New Member

Just installed BSE....and my honest opinion....IT SUX!
    Unless I didnt get all the pieces...there is obsolutly no potection for the the phone around the area where buttons are located. These are the corners that protrude the most and will most likely take the impact of a fall. And the residue on the screen protector makes the images look slightly distorted?!? Perhaps this will get better over the next few days. But overall....waste of money!
  6. Kermy

Kermy New Member

About the corners and sides: I actually emailed BSE about it after I installed my skin and here's what they said:

"We intentionally did not make Skin for the sides because that area does not lend well to having Skin on it. They are very narrow and would be vulnerable to wear therefore peel off easily. Small Skin pieces seldom stay on well. In spite of this we'll go ahead and design the Skin for the area in the next couple weeks or so. We'll notify you when we have them available and will ship to you."
  7. mac5217

mac5217 New Member

I actually cut a strip of black electric tape with a razor and ruler and have been using that to protect the corners. So far its works great!
  8. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

i am thinking about a zagg maybe, but they dont seem to protect that well (on the droid). someone should post pictures of the best skin ever
  9. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

actually, it looks like it protects more spots than the IS does and its cheaper.
    ONLY Question- is the material as high quality, and does it come off without leaving residue like the IS?
  10. takeshi

takeshi New Member

Same here. "WAY better" is a bit of hyperbole IMO.
  11. don_813

don_813 New Member

Does Best Skins Ever come with 2 kits in 1 like PhantomSkinz does, or does it only ship one.
  12. Slothead

Slothead New Member

Almost, maybe better. He gets a refund of up to $25 by sending BSE a link to where he shared his info with friends. :)
    see:
    HTC Droid Eris Skin
  13. D-Roid

D-Roid New Member

My kit only came with one. Also to answer an earlier question about sticky residue. It doesn't seem to leave anything on the glass when removed. I removed it after 1 day because I wasn't happy with it. I then reapplied it and it looked almost perfect. As for residue on the rest of the body, I don't know as I haven't removed it yet. The other gripe is it doesn't have a skin for the edge around the entire perimeter of the phone. (the edge with the camera key)
  14. wrightperspective

wrightperspective New Member

I prefer Stealth Guard Protectors. Better skin, lifetime warranty and better price that InvisibleSHIELD. I have used BSE & Zagg but I like this one the best.
  15. DroidxRage

DroidxRage New Member

I had this on my old Motorola Q... had it for almost 4 years and when I took it off the phone still looked new. The covers tend to discolor a little over time (ie: 4 years, lol). They were fairly simple to put on as well.

Also still have one on my Creative Zen 80GB mp3 player. Been 4-5 years at least and still protecting great.

So I can vouch for these being high quality in product at least...
  16. demon69120

demon69120 New Member

I would buy full body since it's only like $7, but then again my phone is OCed like hell, and I don't need the extra heat on the back cover and by camera. Maybe I'll install all but those two sections or the front ;).

I have a zagg on the front on my iPod and it's alright. Kinda hard to install because the water gets into your buttons, but overall it was fine. I liked the texture and how it got less fingerprinted than typical protectors. Didn't really make it look new though, because dust got under it and etc.

How is this better than Zagg? Looks like an ad to me.
  17. Detonation

Detonation New Member

Ive used both BSE and Zagg on different devices and there is very little difference. Can't comment on theirs cut and fit, but the film's feel and scratch proof protection is the same. I've found that both also start to peel up on corners, especially if they are rounded.

I put a Zagg on my Creative Zen 2 years ago and just finally took it off to get it replaced. Skin was still scratch free but edges were peeling and it was turning yellow. I've only had a BSE for 4 months but I heard they do the same thing.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  18. clay2022

clay2022 New Member

ok i know that everyone is entitled to there own opinion, but i have to say thus far i have not seen a screen protector yet worth a crap for the droid. having been an iphone owner since they came out i have seen numerous screen protectors in my day and i have never seen a better product than the ones made by Power Support. there anti-glare/finger print protectors are the ****, and wish someone would come out with one for the droid. until then i will not be wasting another dollar on another product.
  19. demon69120

demon69120 New Member

Yeah Zagg = BSK + $20 IMO. They're the same material. It's an ok material, but not my favorite, I have it on my iPod Touch. Looking to do my droid, full body except battery door and camera panel (I have those parts modded with copper to keep heat out from my OC, putting plastic on defeats the purpose). Might go BSK, but I kind of want better still.
  20. wrightperspective

wrightperspective New Member

My opinion is that the Stealth Guard Protectors are the best compromise because they are cheap like BSE but come with a lifetime warranty. It's all I use now. I have used BSE and InvisibleSHIELD.
Search tags for this page
best skins ever or zagg
best skins ever replacement

best skins ever vs zagg

better than zagg

bse vs zagg

invisible phone guard review

invisible phone guard vs zagg
ipg or zagg
ipg vs zagg
ipg vs. zagg

skinit vs zagg