Screen & Body Protectors

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Received the Wrapsol Screen protectors:

Cost 14.99 for each one(I bought two)

Pros: Seem like they would be good protection(fairly thick)

Cons: Everything else

The installation was a nightmare(it was dry). I've installed nearly a dozen screen protectors, different brands ect... and never have I had such a difficult time. I even pride myself on being able to install them perfectly.

Instead of doing just cut outs for the speaker and camera hole they just cut a big rectangle out of the top right corner, looked awful and left a lot of the glass unprotected.

Felt very rubbery and too grippy, almost too thick.

The bubbles were horrendous and everywhere despite using the squeegee, although they do say the bubbles will disappear within 24 hours on their own, but since I ripped mine off immediately I can't say this isn't true.

For now I'm using Seidio's screen protector for the Droid X, it fits the actual screen perfectly, but obviously leaves the top and bottom unprotected. It installed perfectly with zero bubbles, no cure time and feels just like glass.

I'd suggest Seidio's protector for the Nexus but they did the same thing as Wrapsol and cut a big chunk out of the top right corner instead of doing precision cuts for the speaker and camera hole, which I think it's unacceptable for a high end product.

I'll most likely be trying the Skinomi next, as it seems like it's the most like the normal glass feel and has the cut outs for just the speaker and camera.

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Money, here is another for your post > http://www.amazon.com/Rearth-Ultimate-Protector-SHIPPING-Tracking/dp/B006B8B2CK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1324257112&sr=8-4

I was ordering a Diztronics TPU case and the Steinheil showed out of stock, so I said "WTH" I will try them.

Pros: Precision cut, fits. Cut out for the ear speaker and FFC (not a big chunk like others)
Dry application went pretty easy. Bubbles worked out easily. Instructions say that the minor bubbles or surface imperfections would diminish in a day. They did.
Hard surface, smudges wipe off easily
Fits to the case edges
Really clear when the phone is ON (see Cons)

Cons: With the phone OFF, minor orange peel seen over black when not looking straight on. May not be a problem for some.
Protector is too stiff for the curved edges of the Galaxy Nexus - won't lay down, leaves a translucent edge all around the inside edge of the case and above the ear
speaker.

Overall, it appears that it will protect the screen. It seems durable and it's hardness should make it stand up to a lot of use but it looks bush on the GN because of the unstuck edges. It will probably gather dust and dirt under that edge in short order. I will use it until I can see what else everyone reports on. I guess it will be a trade off between flexible for adhesion and hardness for durability.

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Received the Wrapsol Screen protectors:

Cost 14.99 for each one(I bought two)

Pros: Seem like they would be good protection(fairly thick)

Cons: Everything else

The installation was a nightmare(it was dry). I've installed nearly a dozen screen protectors, different brands ect... and never have I had such a difficult time. I even pride myself on being able to install them perfectly.

Instead of doing just cut outs for the speaker and camera hole they just cut a big rectangle out of the top right corner, looked awful and left a lot of the glass unprotected.

Felt very rubbery and too grippy, almost too thick.

The bubbles were horrendous and everywhere despite using the squeegee, although they do say the bubbles will disappear within 24 hours on their own, but since I ripped mine off immediately I can't say this isn't true.

For now I'm using Seidio's screen protector for the Droid X, it fits the actual screen perfectly, but obviously leaves the top and bottom unprotected. It installed perfectly with zero bubbles, no cure time and feels just like glass.

I'd suggest Seidio's protector for the Nexus but they did the same thing as Wrapsol and cut a big chunk out of the top right corner instead of doing precision cuts for the speaker and camera hole, which I think it's unacceptable for a high end product.

I'll most likely be trying the Skinomi next, as it seems like it's the most like the normal glass feel and has the cut outs for just the speaker and camera.
ROFL I love this but im not really sure how to write that up. Air bubbles truly are normal even after squeegee, waiting for a day is a common thing with the rubbery ones. Its not something id like to include without doing at least what the directions say. It is definitely a con to put the top being cut out. Also Before you ripped it off did it appear to be like zagg or anything? orange peel? glassy looking?
Money, here is another for your post > http://www.amazon.com/Rearth-Ultimate-Protector-SHIPPING-Tracking/dp/B006B8B2CK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1324257112&sr=8-4

I was ordering a Diztronics TPU case and the Steinheil showed out of stock, so I said "WTH" I will try them.

Pros: Precision cut, fits. Cut out for the ear speaker and FFC (not a big chunk like others)
Dry application went pretty easy. Bubbles worked out easily. Instructions say that the minor bubbles or surface imperfections would diminish in a day. They did.
Hard surface, smudges wipe off easily
Fits to the case edges
Really clear when the phone is ON (see Cons)

Cons: With the phone OFF, minor orange peel seen over black when not looking straight on. May not be a problem for some.
Protector is too stiff for the curved edges of the Galaxy Nexus - won't lay down, leaves a translucent edge all around the inside edge of the case and above the ear
speaker.

Overall, it appears that it will protect the screen. It seems durable and it's hardness should make it stand up to a lot of use but it looks bush on the GN because of the unstuck edges. It will probably gather dust and dirt under that edge in short order. I will use it until I can see what else everyone reports on. I guess it will be a trade off between flexible for adhesion and hardness for durability.
This is great, ill add it right in. Perfectly done. :biggrin: I do have a tip for you though, the stiff edges may be able to comes down a bit if you use a hotgun or hair dryer on it. Not too much but just enough to heat up the screen cover. Its a recommended tip i've seen repeated a couple times.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
ROFL I love this but im not really sure how to write that up. Air bubbles truly are normal even after squeegee, waiting for a day is a common thing with the rubbery ones. Its not something id like to include without doing at least what the directions say. It is definitely a con to put the top being cut out. Also Before you ripped it off did it appear to be like zagg or anything? orange peel? glassy looking?
This is great, ill add it right in. Perfectly done. :biggrin: I do have a tip for you though, the stiff edges may be able to comes down a bit if you use a hotgun or hair dryer on it. Not too much but just enough to heat up the screen cover. Its a recommended tip i've seen repeated a couple times.

Honestly I couldn't even tell because there were so many bubbles, I mean it was literally covered in bubbles. It was very rubbery though, my thumb was dragging badly trying to switch home screens. Looked glassy, no orange peel, haven't used Zagg before so can't compare.

Yeah sorry for the bum review, but I was literally disgusted so I just ripped it off. I wasn't going to have hundreds of bubbles on my phone day one, wanted to use it =P

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I thought I posted in this thread the other day, but I guess I didn't lol.

I ordered one from BestSkinsEver ( Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Skin , screen only). I had one on my OG Droid for 1.75 years roughly and loved it, so I am hoping for the same results on the Nexus. I haven't received it yet, so I can't comment on it. I will do a mini-review on it once I get it. Perhaps with some pictures. But my OG Droid, which is my camera, is kinda sick and pictures aren't it's strong suit.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought I posted in this thread the other day, but I guess I didn't lol.

I ordered one from BestSkinsEver ( Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Skin , screen only). I had one on my OG Droid for 1.75 years roughly and loved it, so I am hoping for the same results on the Nexus. I haven't received it yet, so I can't comment on it. I will do a mini-review on it once I get it. Perhaps with some pictures. But my OG Droid, which is my camera, is kinda sick and pictures aren't it's strong suit.

If you don't mind, let us know if that one covers the whole front, with just the speaker hole and camera circle cut out.

I couldn't tell on their site, they just have a picture of the phone and not the protector itself.

Thanks

Greeny

Reaction score
I purchased the Zagg Full Body Invisible Shield for $20 for my Razr, and then paid the Best Buy Tech $8.00 to install it. I must admit that this young kid knew what he was doing. With 20 minutes he had it on, the bubbles all out of it, and gave me last minute instructions for making sure the corners did not come up. Like many others have stated, it has the orange peel look and feels kind of rubbery for sliding your finger across it. But it is in all the right places for the cut-outs. The downside to Zagg protectors is the warrenty program. You have to send the back the old one within 60 days, which in the meantime they use your credit card # as the guarantee that you return it or get charged for the new one. Oh you also have to pay the postage for the return too.

Detonation

Reaction score

I'm wondering if they did that to try to solve the bubbling issues you get with the dry static cling protectors on the curved screen. The Steinheil protector doesn't cover edge to edge for that reason. I've been using the Seidio protectors on my last two phones and love them, but not sure if I want to get it for the GN because of the cut out. Hopefully it at least goes edge to edge. I saw they were finally for sale but are already backordered, hoping to see some reviews pop up.

natezire71

Reaction score
The downside to Zagg protectors is the warrenty program. You have to send the back the old one within 60 days, which in the meantime they use your credit card # as the guarantee that you return it or get charged for the new one. Oh you also have to pay the postage for the return too.

Zagg has a lifetime warranty. If you have a problem with your Invisible Shield, they send you a new one, THEN you send back your old one.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well after being a week late, finally got my screen protectors hours before I leave for Vegas:)

I just finished install so here's a little first impression: SGP Ultra Oleophobic
- Very easy to install (first dry install I did and it was very easy)
- Screen quality is not affected, crystal clear as if there was no screen protector
- Fairly good with fingerprints, they do not show up nearly as much as a "naked" screen
- You can see the screen protector easily, but I don't think it sacrifices look, in fact it kinda makes a nice border
- This does not take up the whole screen, leaves a couple mm at the edges, but that's due to the curved glass of the Nexus
- After some use in and out of pocket, this thing attracts alot of dust though
- Fingers don't get caught and it's almost as smooth as glass
I'll report back after more use. Maybe from the road or when I get to my destination. I'm just really happy it came in before my trip:)

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Think I'm going with the SGP Ultra Oleophobic as well. Thought about going with the flex series that they make but it seems like it has the rubbery feel and orange peel affect.

Thanks for the info dezy.

kdroyd

Reaction score
Any one heard of or tried this one? Amazon.com: KlearKare Bulk Invisible Screen Shield Protector for Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus | Military Grade Scratch Protection: Cell Phones & Accessories

I'm really hoping to buy one soon, just haven't decided which one I'm going to get. Was hoping for more reviews!

I bought the Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Translucent Smoke Flexible TPU Case & Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Nexus (SCH-i515 & GT-i9250) [Diztronic Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

I installed the screen protector right after wiping it down and there still managed to be like 5 pieces of hair or some sort of dust under the screen protector. Plus it leaves fingerprints like no ones business (way worse than the actual screen). Needless to say, I'll be taking this screen protector off as soon as I get a new one. I really like the wet install of the Skinomi (had one on my OG) It worked great and never noticed an issue with the screen.

That being said, I guess I'm looking for the best one that is wet install. Anyone got any feedback from anything they've purchased for their Nexus?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
okay, how about this one? Any reviews or experience? I think I will buy the Skinomi if I don't hear some other reviews

Amazon.com: ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Samsung Galaxy Nexus Screen Protector Shield with Lifetime Replacements: Cell Phones & Accessories

So far I've seen the most positive reviews from people using the Steinheil Ultra Oleophobic. Dry application, very finger print resistant as well.

Looks like they sold out though on Amazon, I bought one last night from there.

Amazon.com: SGP Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Screen Protector Steinheil Series [Ultra Oleophobic]: Cell Phones & Accessories

kdroyd

Reaction score
I sucked it up and bought the Skinomi. I loved the one I had on my OG, so hopefully this one will be just as good, if not better! Will post reviews once I have it on. Try to get pics too. Thanks ya'll