Clear skins for D2G

pso_zeldaphreak

Reaction score
First off, D2 and D2G and the same case, aren't they? Same dimensions, etc.

Anyways. My cousin had a Droid (1), and has a clear skin on it, which has done a great job of protecting it from everything so far.

I've been looking into them all day, and am having trouble deciding on which one to go with.

Things I'm concerned about (in no particular order):
1) Corners. Looking at the layout of some of them, the side pieces meet exactly at the corner, which seems a great way to get them peeled off unintentionally. Phantomskinz's design is a bit better, the top and bottom pieces seem to wrap around, so that the 2 separate peices meet on an edge instead.

2) Scratching. I would prefer a scratch resistant film to a smooth film - I'm using this for protection, not cause I want it to feel better.

3) Durability. I realize these aren't designed to protect the phone from impacts, but which skin is gonna last? And how long do they last?

I can only gather so much information online - I'd like to hear from people who have tried these. Keep in mind what matters to me, and let me know what you think! :D

TL; DR: Best clear skins?

~PSO

(holy crap best smilies ever dancedroid :: :blackdroid: )

Grind

Reaction score
I had the ZAGG full body skin on my R2D2 as well, but took it off the sides, too, for the same reason. I eventually took it off the back as well, because it was starting to yellow. Not a big deal if you have a dark phone, but it looked bad on the white/blue R2D2. To be honest, I feel I wasted money on the skin. After a couple days, I had peeled all but the back off, then after a month or so, that off. In reality, the finish on the phone was pretty darn durable. I work in a machine shop and am kind of rough with it, yet it still looked like new seven months later. What finally did my phone in couldn't have been prevented by any skin. I dropped a wrench on the screen.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Garybusy113

Reaction score
I was very disappointed with Phantomskinz. First, it started peeling off after a week. Second, their screen protector prevented my proximity sensor from working and that was a huge pain. Lastly, IMO the skin makes the phone more slick and that made me drop it more often than without.
....Just my two cents