Screen & Body Protectors

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am starting this thread because after some research it appears that their are a lot of screen protectors and such out their and i want a central place for some of the potential reviews and peoples input about the whole assortment. I as surprised to not see a review thread already on this site but better sooner then later. I have a Motorola Droid and going to get a Nexus soon but that shouldn't matter to much since most of the companies just cut out different shapes, their product is the same stuff. Ill start by throwing in a couple links on different screen protectors i have found, used or want to know about. All input is appreciated.

* Construction Area
Reordering a bit, Sorry for the confusion here.
1) Known Area
Best Skin Ever (BSE): Link.
____Pro:

• Price. Even at the full price now, it is one of the cheaper options.
  • Seems to be quite sturdy. I am not going to attempt to scratch it, but it appears to be the same material that was on my OG Droid (also a BSE) and it was quite durable.
  • Clear It doesn't seem to interfere with the viewing of the screen. No orange peel effect. I watched a youtube video and played a game prior to application, and did the same after application. *note* I don't have 20/20 though.
  • Good fit. It basically goes edge to edge for me with very left exposed.
____Con:

• In one of the corners it isn't as accurate as it was prior want it to be. As mentioned above I just installed it less than 12 hrs ago, and haven't used it much since, so I hope this will go away with some time.
  • While it is smooth, it isn't as frictionless as glass. It isn't rubbery by any means, but I could tell a difference between glass to protector. Personally I don't have a problem with this, but some folks might.
_____Pictures:
_____Extra Info:

• I am terrible at installing these things. It seems to take me forever to get the bubbles out. I struggled with this one too. Not that this is overly difficult, I am all thumbs when it comes to this stuff.
  • It ships in a letter envelope with red typing on it saying "Your Skin Inside". Nothing fancy but gets the job done. I could see how some folks may consider this a con, especially if you are the type that tends to get messed up mail.
Thank You cupfulloflol.

Rearth Ringbo: Link.
____Pro:
  • Precision cut, fits. Cut out for the ear speaker and FFC (not a big chunk like others)
  • Dry application went pretty easy. Bubbles worked out easily. Instructions say that the minor bubbles or surface imperfections would diminish in a day. They did.
  • Hard surface
  • Smudges wipe off easily
  • Fits to the case edges
  • Really clear when the phone is ON (see Cons)
____Con:
  • With the phone OFF, minor orange peel seen over black when not looking straight on. (May not be a problem for some.)
  • Protector is too stiff for the curved edges of the Galaxy Nexus - won't lay down, leaves a translucent edge all around the inside edge of the case and above the ear speaker.
[

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I am a huge fan of the Steinheil line of screen protectors. I've tried everything from the anti-fingerprint to the ultra crystal and all have worked extremely well.

Pros:
- Nice smooth protector
- No air bubbles
- No "orange peel" effect like the Invisible Shield
- Even with dirty hands, fingerprints don't show up easily
- Doesn't peel at the corners (something common when I used to use InvisibleShield)
- Has a nice matte finish to make glare almost non-existent without really sacrificing screen quality.

Cons:
- A bit pricey, $12-$16 for 2 screen protectors
- May be too thick for slide-on cases (only ran into this problem with an iPhone though)
- Dry application can be difficult

Tip: Instructions say dry application, but I personally recommend a small spray of glass cleaner solution on the film, slides it into place much easier.

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Should i include screen shots? I bet i could make this thread better but im not sure if all that info would be to appealing to the eye. like information overload.

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Should i include screen shots? I bet i could make this thread better but im not sure if all that info would be to appealing to the eye. like information overload.
Pictures make it easier to read text, but that could just be me:D

And from what I seen Halo is fairly cheap, roughly $6 on amazon. I'm probably gonna opt for the SGP Flex, I'll post up a small review in this thread once I get it on. Hopefully Friday really is the release day...

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pictures make it easier to read text, but that could just be me:D

And from what I seen Halo is fairly cheap, roughly $6 on amazon. I'm probably gonna opt for the SGP Flex, I'll post up a small review in this thread once I get it on. Hopefully Friday really is the release day...
Skinomi i bought was 4 bucks and 199 shipping which is very reasonable. I bit. Worth a shot since i read a couple good things about it. Halos though, your right, i did ask about them from above so it caught my attention.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seidio hasn't revealed their Screen protectors yet for the Nexus, but they are incredibly precise, dry application and feel exactly like glass. I've had one on my OG since day 1 and it's lasted 2 years without a blemish. I've tried 6-7 different brands and Seidio has been the best for me.

Wrapsol seems like another good company, ordered 2 from them a few days ago and they ship out Dec 8, so I'll do a small review when I get them.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Skinomi i bought was 4 bucks and 199 shipping which is very reasonable. I bit. Worth a shot since i read a couple good things about it. Halos though, your right, i did ask about them from above so it caught my attention.
Never tried Skinomi, so if you wouldn't posting a few pros/cons about it that'd be helpful. Would like to recommend them since they're easy on the wallet, but never tried.

I'll do the same for the Steinheil.

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seidio hasn't revealed their Screen protectors yet for the Nexus, but they are incredibly precise, dry application and feel exactly like glass. I've had one on my OG since day 1 and it's lasted 2 years without a blemish. I've tried 6-7 different brands and Seidio has been the best for me.

Wrapsol seems like another good company, ordered 2 from them a few days ago and they ship out Dec 8, so I'll do a small review when I get them.
Wrapsol i havent heard of but ill be happy to see the review. Were they cheap? and Can you do pros and cons of the seido? maybe a pic if you could(not a big deal if you dont)?

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Never tried Skinomi, so if you wouldn't posting a few pros/cons about it that'd be helpful. Would like to recommend them since they're easy on the wallet, but never tried.

I'll do the same for the Steinheil.
i will when they come. They will arrive on Thursday which i also got one for my D1. Will say what i can then. ;) Im hoping they are good, i think anything is better then those VZW ones. on a side note Ill have the screen cover before my nexus which will depress me. Its like ill be missin something. :frown:

kdroyd

Reaction score
I had a Skinomi for my OG. Loved it. The only reason I recently removed it, was because it was getting a little blurry and wasn't as smooth as I wanted anymore. But it sure took a beating and held up great. No bubbles, no peeling. I would definitely recommend again

Like I said, it was a little too grippy at the end, so I removed it. I'm liking the straight up glass now!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i will when they come. They will arrive on Thursday which i also got one for my D1. Will say what i can then. ;) Im hoping they are good, i think anything is better then those VZW ones. on a side note Ill have the screen cover before my nexus which will depress me. Its like ill be missin something. :frown:
Yeah I've held off from buying screen protectors just because we don't know when the phone is really coming out.

Though I should order so the first thing I can do is put the screen protector after taking off the packaging protection...

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I've held off from buying screen protectors just because we don't know when the phone is really coming out.

Though I should order so the first thing I can do is put the screen protector after taking off the packaging protection...

Well guessing the realease date is really hard but thankfully you can get the accessories before hand which means I have them whenever it doesn release.

Sent from a bubble gum factory because im all out of gum.

kdroyd

Reaction score
Well guessing the realease date is really hard but thankfully you can get the accessories before hand which means I have them whenever it doesn release.

Sent from a bubble gum factory because im all out of gum.

Of course you could be left with accessories and no phone, at the rate we're going with this release!