Screen & Body Protectors

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ilikemoneygreen, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Greeny

Greeny Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased the Zagg Full Body Invisible Shield for $20 for my Razr, and then paid the Best Buy Tech $8.00 to install it. I must admit that this young kid knew what he was doing. With 20 minutes he had it on, the bubbles all out of it, and gave me last minute instructions for making sure the corners did not come up. Like many others have stated, it has the orange peel look and feels kind of rubbery for sliding your finger across it. But it is in all the right places for the cut-outs. The downside to Zagg protectors is the warrenty program. You have to send the back the old one within 60 days, which in the meantime they use your credit card # as the guarantee that you return it or get charged for the new one. Oh you also have to pay the postage for the return too.

2. Detonation

Detonation Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I'm wondering if they did that to try to solve the bubbling issues you get with the dry static cling protectors on the curved screen. The Steinheil protector doesn't cover edge to edge for that reason. I've been using the Seidio protectors on my last two phones and love them, but not sure if I want to get it for the GN because of the cut out. Hopefully it at least goes edge to edge. I saw they were finally for sale but are already backordered, hoping to see some reviews pop up.

3. natezire71

natezire71 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Zagg has a lifetime warranty. If you have a problem with your Invisible Shield, they send you a new one, THEN you send back your old one.

4. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,671
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Well after being a week late, finally got my screen protectors hours before I leave for Vegas:)

I just finished install so here's a little first impression: SGP Ultra Oleophobic
    - Very easy to install (first dry install I did and it was very easy)
    - Screen quality is not affected, crystal clear as if there was no screen protector
    - Fairly good with fingerprints, they do not show up nearly as much as a "naked" screen
    - You can see the screen protector easily, but I don't think it sacrifices look, in fact it kinda makes a nice border
    - This does not take up the whole screen, leaves a couple mm at the edges, but that's due to the curved glass of the Nexus
    - After some use in and out of pocket, this thing attracts alot of dust though
    - Fingers don't get caught and it's almost as smooth as glass
    I'll report back after more use. Maybe from the road or when I get to my destination. I'm just really happy it came in before my trip:)

5. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Think I'm going with the SGP Ultra Oleophobic as well. Thought about going with the flex series that they make but it seems like it has the rubbery feel and orange peel affect.

Thanks for the info dezy.

6. kdroyd

kdroyd Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Any one heard of or tried this one? Amazon.com: KlearKare Bulk Invisible Screen Shield Protector for Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus | Military Grade Scratch Protection: Cell Phones & Accessories

I'm really hoping to buy one soon, just haven't decided which one I'm going to get. Was hoping for more reviews!

I bought the Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Translucent Smoke Flexible TPU Case & Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Nexus (SCH-i515 & GT-i9250) [Diztronic Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

I installed the screen protector right after wiping it down and there still managed to be like 5 pieces of hair or some sort of dust under the screen protector. Plus it leaves fingerprints like no ones business (way worse than the actual screen). Needless to say, I'll be taking this screen protector off as soon as I get a new one. I really like the wet install of the Skinomi (had one on my OG) It worked great and never noticed an issue with the screen.

That being said, I guess I'm looking for the best one that is wet install. Anyone got any feedback from anything they've purchased for their Nexus?

• Like Like x 1
  7. kdroyd

kdroyd Member

Ratings:
    +2
  8. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    So far I've seen the most positive reviews from people using the Steinheil Ultra Oleophobic. Dry application, very finger print resistant as well.

Looks like they sold out though on Amazon, I bought one last night from there.

Amazon.com: SGP Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Screen Protector Steinheil Series [Ultra Oleophobic]: Cell Phones & Accessories

• Like Like x 1
  9. kdroyd

kdroyd Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I sucked it up and bought the Skinomi. I loved the one I had on my OG, so hopefully this one will be just as good, if not better! Will post reviews once I have it on. Try to get pics too. Thanks ya'll

10. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,671
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Final review of sgp ultra oleophobic:
    One of the best screen protectors I've ever used, once again sgp doesn't disappoint. Even in the hands of my 4yr old nephew it stood up well to whatever was on his little hands. Fingerprints wipe away easy and protects the phone very well without sacrificing screen quality. And most importantly my finger hasn't gotten stuck while using it which is a dealbreaker for me. I'm sure sgp will come out with more, but for now you can't go wrong with it. One of the best screen protectors I've used and I'm glad I got another one at home just in case.
    And no matter how many times I had it in and out of my pocket the cover had no edges coming off (some say its a major problem with these but with proper installation it'll be fine)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

11. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks dezy, ill put that in the op when i get a chance. nice review on the 23rd, i must have missed it. :blink: and im just adding some more pics now of the skinomi now.

12. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Skinomi Carbon Body Protector: Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Black Carbon Fiber Film Shield & Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Cell Phones & AccessoriesWell this thread isnt just about screen protectors it is also about body protectors. I finally just took some pictures of my nexus with the nice carbon protector that i bought a couple weeks ago. My thought process is that i really want a pristine device, so all around it i want a skin just in case of scratches and other dings that would potentially harm the paint and what not. this skin really acts like it isnt their, in a way i can put it in cases and stuff and basically forget that it has a paint job underneath (basically this skin acts like a tough paint job). Currently i have my nexus in an otterbox case, but under that with the skin i know that its not being scratched up (otterbox cases normally scratches my phone in some ways, but not now!). If i ever sell this phone it will be like new, id just take off the screen and body protector and it would be pretty nice. they also sell these for like every other phone out their. so even if you have a idk...rezound, razr, thunderbolt etc... youll still be able to buy this (remember, this stuff is the same just cut out in different shapes). I'll review this sometime in the week btw, itl be in my op and everything im just half asleep so thats as about as detailed and rambling as ill get for now. :happy3:
    I apologise for the quality, they were taken from my a crummy D1, my good D1 was dead :( but the crummy one did the job i guess.
    SKIN.jpg SKIN 2.jpg

I tried to scratch the skin and it holds up well. i scratched it with my pocket knife and nothing shows. i wouldnt do it with an exacto though, thatl probably show. :D

And just for fun (this thread really isnt about cases) but ill give you a picture of my nexus in the otterbox defender,
    Otter 3.jpg Otter 4.jpg
    Advise to anyone who bought one of these (youd have to have a nexus i guess, not sure if other phone cases came with it), but i personally thought that plastic sheet that they called a screen protector was junk so i ripped it out and filed the ridges off because the Skinomi screen protector i had already on it is way better anyway. The clarity of that plastic thing was a joke. Also if your like me and bought the extended battery just take off that battery cover and it works like a champ.

Side note this whole post will be edited down later, lol i have a feeling my tiredness made me ramble a bit.

Double side note, i still need to post pics of the Skinomi screen protector but the pics i took today from the crummy D1 just arnt good enough to see it... i need to grab the good camera sometime but i guess that would require my lazy self to actually go into other room and get it. :D

Search tags for this page

armour suit military shield reviews

cons of full body screen protectors
difference between skinomi techskin protectors and armor sui
halo screen protector droid razr

screen protectors mail

wrapsol ultra