Best & Worst Android Device right now

patfactorx

Reaction score
Don't include Chinese KIRFS

Best: Droid 2 Global. Fastest clock speed on the best network

Worst: Archos 101 (get a Nook Honeycomb for the same price)

Rules: please only list items for sale right now and preferably attainable thru major retailers to be fair

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I have always felt a little bad for owners of the HTC Tattoo. Resistive touch on Android can't be fun times.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Best: Zoom

Worst: the Android microwave

Sent from somewhere...

OP
patfactorx

patfactorx

Reaction score
It can't be phones they don't sell anymore. G1 of Droid1 for example can't be nominated

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Best: Motorola Xoom

Worst: HTC Thunderbolt

Kanibull

Reaction score
best:iphone
worst:there are other types of phones?!?!?!
lol jk my real best:htc hd2(i think thats still for sale)
worst:droid2

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
best:iphone
worst:there are other types of phones?!?!?!
lol jk my real best:htc hd2(i think thats still for sale)
worst:droid2

As mad as I am about locked and bloated the droid 2 is not the worse device. I mean if you remove blur its a nice device. And hardware wise its much better than the D1. We are talking about a better keyboard, more ram (only noticable when you remove blur), the 3.5 mm jack don't cut out anymore. If the D2 was unlocked and vanilla like the D1 it would be the best device out with no competition (unless the DX was unlocked as well and then obviously the DX would win).

Best device: the xoom packs the speed of the tegra 2 with vanilla android and an unlockable bootloader something we wish motorola would do with the bionic. HTC thunderbolt may be on this list one of these days.

Worse device: motorola citrus. Blur is horrid on a high end device I can only imagine how bad it would be on a mid end. Also ima throw the htc chachacha, and any other android facebook phone that has been release, on the worse device list.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Best: Droid 2 Global...///or i guess the evo shift for sprint. But wimax is a half assed 4G /

Worst? Anything without a hard keyboard, less than 512 MB of ram, inability to remove blur or sense, processors (qualcomm or TI) less than 1 Ghz...anything not carrier updated to FroYo. That about sums it up...

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
The D1 is still for sale, just in CLN form. So I say......

Best: D1 simply due to its rooting abilities and it still has the most dev support.

Worst: I will say the Continuum simply due to poor sales and it is ugly as all get out, only my opinion of course. But if you are going hardware wise it would probably be the Citrus or something similar to that.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Best : Samsung Galaxy S

Worst : Motorola Droid

Just read his name. He is smoking da bong with that answer.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

tumblr_leut89oTFl1qf8yek.gif

OP
patfactorx

patfactorx

Reaction score
The D1 is still for sale, just in CLN form. So I say......

Best: D1 simply due to its rooting abilities and it still has the most dev support.

Worst: I will say the Continuum simply due to poor sales and it is ugly as all get out, only my opinion of course. But if you are going hardware wise it would probably be the Citrus or something similar to that.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

Yeah the developer support never came and made the Continuum cool. Lack of devs kills phones.