Order the Droid X from Best Buy: Avoid Mail in Rebate!

illoosionz

Reaction score
BB re-opened their pre-orders for the X today. I went in to pre-order but before i did, i asked if this will be for the 1st batch or the 2nd batch, he said he wasnt sure, because he doesnt know how many he will be getting. But when i asked him to check how many pre-orders he has in total, and there was only 4 pre-orders, i figure best buy will get more than 5 for each store, and he too told me that they most likely will get more than the pre-ordered. So yeah, i did the pre-order, deposited 50 bucks filled out some form, and i was out of the store. I just have to wait for their call to come and pick it up on release day.

Hopefully im on the first batch.

Mike.

Oh yaaay for me, this is my first post.

maniacman54

Reaction score
I officially preordered my X. But be aware, some BB may not have all the correct information about preordering. I went in to the Mount Vernon BB and was told they're not taking it. I went home and called the same store and they said they were taking them. I went in again and spoke with the person. At first he said they were, but had to confirm whether or not they're taking it. I overheard him say to someone on the phone "i see we're taking the preorders, but I don't see an email saying we're NOT taking preorders". Plus I saw a form that said "Preorder the Droid X for $50: Offer ends 7/14", but not wasn't enough confirmation for the associate. After about 10 minutes and some confusion, I got my preorder and a $50 gc. I seem to be the first one that preordered at the store.

But I have a question, can I use the $50 gc on the day of the launch, making the balance of the phone to be $100 or is the balance still $150?

him

Reaction score
Thought balance was 200 so 150 + ur gift card

mitchb2

Reaction score
Hmmm, I just got an IT job with a big company. I'll need to be on-call.
Do you think they'll pay for my phone and service? I've been out of the workforce so long I don't know how common this perk is.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Do you think they'll pay for my phone and service? I've been out of the workforce so long I don't know how common this perk is.

Most places I've worked for issue you a phone. YMMV tho....

soulpatch

Reaction score
+1

Since BB does not guarentee your preorder (read fine print) they have to sell you something to take your money so they put your name on the list of preorders so that they call you as stock comes in. Your $50 "deposit" is put onto the gift card so that they technically sold you something and can count the revenue.

so when you go back in you can either pay $200 or you can use your gift card to lower the amount to $150. your choice.

illoosionz

Reaction score
+1

Since BB does not guarentee your preorder (read fine print) they have to sell you something to take your money so they put your name on the list of preorders so that they call you as stock comes in. Your $50 "deposit" is put onto the gift card so that they technically sold you something and can count the revenue.

so when you go back in you can either pay $200 or you can use your gift card to lower the amount to $150. your choice.

They told me that the $50 deposit is not refundable if i decide to cancel my pre-order. They did say that you are not guaranteed a phone during release, but i figured 5 pre-orders best buy has got to get more than 5 on release date per store.

him

Reaction score

Probably but the bad news is you will probably have to get a phone they choose usually blackberry or winmobile. neither android or ios are "allowe"allowed" on our network.

soulpatch

Reaction score
+1

They told me that the $50 deposit is not refundable if i decide to cancel my pre-order. They did say that you are not guaranteed a phone during release, but i figured 5 pre-orders best buy has got to get more than 5 on release date per store.

That is because they do not return gift cards. You must use them. BB is pretty good about fulfilling all preorders. I have yet to hear of someone not getting their preorder on release day.

illoosionz

Reaction score
+1

That is because they do not return gift cards. You must use them. BB is pretty good about fulfilling all preorders. I have yet to hear of someone not getting their preorder on release day.

Thanks that makes me feel a little bit better...i hate electronics i always cant wait for it..lol.

soulpatch

Reaction score
Could be worse. You could be me with an affection for electronics, motorcycles, cars, and fishtanks. All of my hobbies cost me an arm and a leg.

Hell the $2-600 a year for phone is nothing compared to even just the tires for my motorcycles. HA HA

Ansextra

Reaction score
I believe you can purchase from Costco on the 15th and not worry about the rebate either. Additionally you should get a case and a car charger for free.
That's my plan at the moment.

him

Reaction score
Could be worse. You could be me with an affection for electronics, motorcycles, cars, and fishtanks. All of my hobbies cost me an arm and a leg.

Hell the $2-600 a year for phone is nothing compared to even just the tires for my motorcycles. HA HA

Yeah when i ride the back roads on the busa i get about 4K out of a rear and 6 out of a front before im replacing...