Beautiful Widgets Surprise??

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just updated to cyanogen mod and the new BW.
Only issue so far is "Beautiful Widgets" isn't finding my location, and giving my no temp info. Put the new vesion of BW on, updated the baseband with the gearhead file (updated from the pre-lease I was using).
Google maps works, finds location, So does google.com Very odd.

Especially since BW supposedly pulls that information from the same place.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was a BW update today. Looking at the list of what the update had was a message:

No, this isn't the surprise. : )

Last edited:

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Just updated to cyanogen mod and the new BW.
Only issue so far is "Beautiful Widgets" isn't finding my location, and giving my no temp info. Put the new vesion of BW on, updated the baseband with the gearhead file (updated from the pre-lease I was using).
Google maps works, finds location, So does google.com Very odd.

Couple of tips, check your refresh settings and also for a test put in your zip code in city and state, uncheck "Geolocation" and do a manual refesh.

If you don't get temp etc then, it could just be a regional server isue. Just because the other Google stuff works doesn't really mean anything.

If you need a better rundown of the setting etc of BW check my second post in this thread... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ficial-beautiful-widgets-skinning-thread.html

Tama-Chan

Reaction score
probably I should add an option to watch all the differents animations.

Make me think that I could add another kick-ass feature in mind for 3.0. So another surprise!

Be assured that I will keep up adding features, that will probably be copied by the competition asap ;)

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Tama I have only bought 2 paid apps since I've got my phone. One was a .99 solitaire game LOL and the other was BW. It appears to be coded wonderfully and your constant updates are awesome.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

Make me think that I could add another kick-ass feature in mind for 3.0. So another surprise!

Be assured that I will keep up adding features, that will probably be copied by the competition asap ;)

And this is why we all support you so much. You are very responsive and always working to make the app better. I'm sure a lot of things you come up with will be copied by the competition. They are always 2 steps behind you my friend. Great job with the Widgets and looking forward to seeing more of your work.

BTW one suggestion might be to add a Process Manager widget that takes you straight to the running applications on the phone. One that looks just like the WiFi, Bluetooth etc. widgets you have.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I've seen the sun, the moon, clouds, snow and rain.
Haven't seen lightning, dunno if it exists. Thunder via vibrate would surprise some too.
Is there a tornado animation? :icon_eek:

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
That would be an awesome feature Tama, I'm personally waiting for it to "rain cats and dogs" I'm fairly interested in seeing that animation.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I've seen the sun, the moon, clouds, snow and rain.
Haven't seen lightning, dunno if it exists. Thunder via vibrate would surprise some too.
Is there a tornado animation? :icon_eek:

Yes lightning , which is cool, today we had fog outside and sure enough, I had fog animation in BW (although not as cool as the lightning).

I have seen freezing ran, flurries, ....don;t know about Tornados.. but don't wanna find out..!!

If you want to see some of this stuff, go to the Weather Channel Maps (even worldwide) for the "weather" you want to see, turn off Geolocation, input the city where the weather is currently that you want to see, and watch it animate.

BTW, my wife has an Eris with the 2.1 Sense leak... and their animations are LAME compared to Tama's!! She will come up to me and say look at this...I pull out my Droid and oh yeah, check this out... she walks away :)

BUT, I do like the feature that was introduced with the 2.1 Sense where everytime you unlock your phone the current weather animates on the home screen for a few seconds (without opening the Forecast/animation screen).....hmmmmmmm, interesting.... :)

Reaction score
I apologize for being a bit confused... but where/how do these animations happen? Do I need 2.1 or a 2.1 ROM because it acts as a live wallpaper? My beautiful widgets weather/flip clock has stationary icons, and this sounds cool.

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I apologize for being a bit confused... but where/how do these animations happen? Do I need 2.1 or a 2.1 ROM because it acts as a live wallpaper? My beautiful widgets weather/flip clock has stationary icons, and this sounds cool.
touch the weather icon on the widget and an animation will pop up.

Edit: also on the downlow i think wwe need to get the htc flip clock back.
Also why not have it animate to the three next day weather forcast. such as when you click on the next day it can bring up thos animations aswell. just a thought

Last edited:
Reaction score

When I tap the animation, it brings up "Forecast Details." A four day extended forecast.

hedney3

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

When I tap the animation, it brings up "Forecast Details." A four day extended forecast.
make sure you have forecast opening effects checked in settings, thats most likely what your problem is.