Beautiful Widgets Surprise??

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Personally I love the old style. Skins have never done anything for me at all.

There are several skins that are the old HTC flip style clock.

Well technically the ones on Beautiful Widgets dont look like the HTC one but are decently close. The best one for the HTC style is the one on Weather & Toggle widget (formerly Weather Widget - Donate). Beautiful Widgets is just built better.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Lol...this is turning into a 2.1-esque thread...the surprise adds the 3D launcher and 20 homescreens...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Tama-Chan

Reaction score
I can say I am watching it (surprise) running on my Droid :)
But it is not finished yet! Still a lot of work, maybe one or two weeks worth

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pardon me for being a heretic and let me say that I've purchased BW and like the app. But frankly, I don't quite understand the level of "love" and anticipation directed toward it. Am I missing something about an app that basically displays the date, time, and weather conditions? Is it the "skinnable" nature of the app? I'm afraid I just don't get it.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
If you don't get, you don't get it, thank goodness with Android we ALL get to chose what we like (unlike some phones :)

BTW, toosed the RS a thread a little while ago, something about YouTube on a Rooted phone.. the RS guys are tops (even the Curmudgeon ones):).. and I know if anyone can hook him up you guys can!!

Thanks for all you RS guys do on DroidForums

Another_Dude

Reaction score
Pardon me for being a heretic and let me say that I've purchased BW and like the app. But frankly, I don't quite understand the level of "love" and anticipation directed toward it. Am I missing something about an app that basically displays the date, time, and weather conditions? Is it the "skinnable" nature of the app? I'm afraid I just don't get it.

I think a lot of the love has to do w/ the developer and what he went through when the big boys came after him and his app.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
If you don't get, you don't get it, thank goodness with Android we ALL get to chose what we like (unlike some phones :)

True dat. And as I noted, I've purchased BW and like the app. No offense intended. Just puzzlement.

No offense taken, I guess some of us are just "easily ammused" :icon_ banana:

In reality BW was one of the first nice well made apps that satisfied our need for a nice clock and weather widget/app, vs the goofy stock Droid clock.

I think Tama has been slowly putting more and more hypnotizing animations in BW and we are brainwashed to love it....so now we just can't help ourselves..:icon_eek:

One warning, if you don't want to get sucked in too, don't watch the weather animations!! I think that is how he is doing it..especially the snow one!!

:)

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I think a lot of the love has to do w/ the developer and what he went through when the big boys came after him and his app.

True, and also because he is one of the most proactive Developers I know and continues to try and make all his apps better and better, and doesn't just toss something out and leave it as is. He actually listens to the changes/upgrades we want and delivers!

Nice guy too, and his communication and customer support is as good as any Dev and better than most.

armeddroid

Reaction score
Just to add in..Whenever i see Droid Phones most of them have BW on them. IMO, to me it's essential to the Droid look.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Had a feeling that had much to do with it. I followed that drama from afar but I can understand the attitude.

SeanRinVA

Reaction score
Which skins have animations? I've been using NakedDroid and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have animations...perhaps I'm missing something...

I think Tama has been slowly putting more and more hypnotizing animations in BW and we are brainwashed to love it....so now we just can't help ourselves..:icon_eek:

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score

One warning, if you don't want to get sucked in too, don't watch the weather animations!! I think that is how he is doing it..especially the snow one!!

:)
Living in AZ, I have never seen the snow animation. :( But I've also been hypnotized. When the sun rotates every time I open it and then the clouds glide in... brb gotta go watch it now.
Which skins have animations? I've been using NakedDroid and I'm pretty sure it doesn't have animations...perhaps I'm missing something...
None of the skins are animated. He is referring to the weather animations. Click the Sun/Moon on your clock and when it opens, the weather should animate. Such as raindrops, snow fall, clouds moving across the screen, the sun rotating, etc.

bodean

Reaction score
Just updated to cyanogen mod and the new BW.
Only issue so far is "Beautiful Widgets" isn't finding my location, and giving my no temp info. Put the new vesion of BW on, updated the baseband with the gearhead file (updated from the pre-lease I was using).
Google maps works, finds location, So does google.com Very odd.