Beautiful Widgets + the Update

Magdroid

Reaction score
If you notice Beautiful Widgets randomly stop updating the weather don't panic (like I did). Simply put the Widget in the trash, and reload it on the homescreen. FIXED!

bodean

Reaction score
If you notice Beautiful Widgets randomly stop updating the weather don't panic (like I did). Simply put the Widget in the trash, and reload it on the homescreen. FIXED!

The change notes tell you to always do this when updating the app.

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score
I noticed this as well, but I believe it was something of a coincidence. It seems that Beautiful widgets gets it's weather info from the Google weather feed, and that feed was down for quite some time. I have the google weather widget on my igoogle page, and it was reporting the same wrong weather as beautiful widgets was. If I clicked on the igoogle widget, it showed the correct weather from undergroundweather, but only if I clicked on it. The feed itself wasn't updating. Once the feed started updating again, I noticed that Beautiful widgets was also updating.

I at first thought it was a problem with BW, but after digging further, I found reports about the google weather feed.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Beautiful Widgets rapid fired updates out since the 2.0.1 push... was a bit much but it's great to see developers on the ball

Reaction score
Not sure but

is there only 2 beautiful widgets for weather a small one and a bigger one that comes with beautiful widgets or are there others to choose from?

thank you