Beautiful Widgets + the Update

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Magdroid, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Magdroid

Magdroid New Member

If you notice Beautiful Widgets randomly stop updating the weather don't panic (like I did). Simply put the Widget in the trash, and reload it on the homescreen. FIXED!
  2. bodean

bodean New Member

The change notes tell you to always do this when updating the app.
  3. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Android Addict Premium Member

I noticed this as well, but I believe it was something of a coincidence. It seems that Beautiful widgets gets it's weather info from the Google weather feed, and that feed was down for quite some time. I have the google weather widget on my igoogle page, and it was reporting the same wrong weather as beautiful widgets was. If I clicked on the igoogle widget, it showed the correct weather from undergroundweather, but only if I clicked on it. The feed itself wasn't updating. Once the feed started updating again, I noticed that Beautiful widgets was also updating.

I at first thought it was a problem with BW, but after digging further, I found reports about the google weather feed.
  4. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Beautiful Widgets rapid fired updates out since the 2.0.1 push... was a bit much but it's great to see developers on the ball
  5. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 New Member

Not sure but

is there only 2 beautiful widgets for weather a small one and a bigger one that comes with beautiful widgets or are there others to choose from?

thank you