Beautiful Widgets is apparently no more

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroNova

Reaction score
Wow. Why are they shutting it down?

It really is pretty cool, I picked it up a few days ago.

Edit: I get it, copyright stuff. That stinks.

JayMonster

Reaction score
No remote deletion. This isn't the Kindle, after all. Yes, it's just to make sure you have it to reinstall should you have to reload your device.

Damn nice of him to say something, too.

Ummm... hate to tell you this, but Android DOES have a kill switch... not saying they are going to use it in this case... but it IS in fact there.

PC World - Why Android Kill Switch is a Good Thing

Sleeve

Reaction score
So the company that has spent the past two years duplicating iPhone interface design is shutting down a dev who is duplicating HTC design.

I'll be downloading Screen Crack onto Eris demo units every time I visit VzW stores.

Dream

Reaction score
I just used "MyBackup" from the market to backup BW, its free and it worked like a charm.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
and it's BS to me too. It's actually one of my favorite apps. What nonsense

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to back it up using Astro?

thanks

• Start Astro
  • Press the menu button
  • Select tools
  • Select Application Manager/backup
  • Check the applications you want backed up.
  • Press the backup button

There you go.

imaROBOT

Reaction score
Why are you guys backing it up... it's not like they are going to find everyone that downloaded BW and delete it from there phone.

Reaction score
if i backup using astro how do you reinstall and can this be used on 2 phones? i bought BW twice once for each phone or do i have to backup each phone seperate?

thansks

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
Why are you guys backing it up... it's not like they are going to find everyone that downloaded BW and delete it from there phone.

Because if it's deleted from the market and you have to swap your phone you won't be able to get it. If it's backed up to your SD card, you can simply reinstall.

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
if i backup using astro how do you reinstall and can this be used on 2 phones? i bought BW twice once for each phone or do i have to backup each phone seperate?

thansks

Not sure about the 2 phones but to reinstall you would first reinstall astro from the market, then select Tools/Backup/Installed Apps. Click on the ones you want to restore and it'll reinstall them.

Status
Not open for further replies.