Beautiful Widgets is apparently no more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Reaction score
Yeah it will still work, just means he will not be able to sell it anylonger. And possibly will not be able to provide support for it.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Lame move. HTC isnt losing any money because of those widgets. People are still going to buy HTC Android Phones these widgets do not affect that. So whats next, remove all the skins that mock the Sense UI??

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I am guessing Trademark infringement.....

vonfink13

Reaction score
that stinks...that was my fave..i've gotten my share of C & Ds in my day and they truly suck...hopefully he can find a way around it...

andrewdoane

Reaction score
Why is he telling me to back up my app? Is that just in case I lose everything and can't re-download? HTC/Google aren't going to somehow remotely delete the app, are they?

Reaction score
how do you back it up? is there a folder Ican find while using the usb cable?

thanks

Last edited:

myriad46

Reaction score
Why is he telling me to back up my app? Is that just in case I lose everything and can't re-download? HTC/Google aren't going to somehow remotely delete the app, are they?

No remote deletion. This isn't the Kindle, after all. Yes, it's just to make sure you have it to reinstall should you have to reload your device.

Damn nice of him to say something, too.

blue rocket

Official DF Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.grafixpressions.com
better get it up on a torrent site just in case.

HTC sucks. This dev was one of the best i've seen, such great updates, etc. All he needs to do is tweak the graphics ~20% and they can't do anything about it.

I'm sure plenty of graphic designers and GUI designers would help create new images. Check out some great designers like infinisedesign, Jonas Rask, Louie Mantia, Rick Patrick, Susumu or basically anyone over at macthemes.net, we could get an even nicer looking widget in no time!

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
If you want "Beautiful Widgets" app, get it NOW!

FYI, Beautiful Widgets is getting shut down by HTC and will no longer be on the Market. If you have been on the fence about this program, now is the time.

I would guess that all the other "HTC style Flip Clock" type apps will also get a legal letter from HTC if they haven't already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.