Beautiful Widgets Is Back on the Market (1/5/2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Furbz

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble with the clock on beautiful widgets? The only time its correct is when I wake my droid up from sleep.. It just stays at the same time until I wake it up....

Echo3

Reaction score
My weather isn't updating. For the past 2 days it's been displaying 54deg with Hi and Low being the same each day.

authority11

Reaction score
Still waiting that Google fix that mess...

There seems to have been quite a few issues with using the Google Weather (I remember BW having an issue with it about 1.5 months ago as well). Have you considered using another, possibly more reliable, weather source instead?

sethmo

Reaction score
Both new and old versions aren't updating for me. Just letting you know what you already know: p

Havok

Reaction score
It's definitely the Google weather service that is the problem. If I head to google and look at their weather information via the web for my zip code, it's the same inaccurate info.

Other than that, time is good, weather is hosed... completely wrong.

Anyway to develop the app to hook into another more accurate source? Like Weatherbug or TWC widgets?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble with the clock on beautiful widgets? The only time its correct is when I wake my droid up from sleep.. It just stays at the same time until I wake it up....
Are you using Home++ by any chance?

Roc_Droid

Reaction score
Is Beautiful Widgets the only one with the cool weather animation when you touch it?

Roc_Droid

Reaction score
I don't really care much about seeing the temperature all of the time but I do so love the animation! Is there a way to get the weather piece of the widget without the clock?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you using Home++ by any chance?
Not just Beautiful Widgets, but ALL of my widgets had update issues the last week while using Home++.... part of the reason I gave up on Home++.

datguybk

Reaction score
anyone else having a huge battery drain from it? only have beautiful small home running

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine killed the battery yesterday after I turned on the Geolocation. Turned it off last night so lets see how the battery does today.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Mine killed the battery yesterday after I turned on the Geolocation. Turned it off last night so lets see how the battery does today.

Just as an FYI, Beautiful WIdgets does not use the GPS on your phone, it uses the cell tower location info. So I doubt it could really do the battery drain you experienced, must have been something else. I have been using BW for a month on my phone set at either 15 or 30 minute updating and have never had a noticable battery drain from it.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Damn then what killed it lol, I should have checked the battery usage thing before I charged it last night. fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.