Beautiful Widgets Is Back on the Market (1/5/2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

codyodyody

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble with the clock on beautiful widgets? The only time its correct is when I wake my droid up from sleep.. It just stays at the same time until I wake it up....
Are you using Home++ by any chance?
Not just Beautiful Widgets, but ALL of my widgets had update issues the last week while using Home++.... part of the reason I gave up on Home++.

I just got rid of home++ for the same reason. Can't wait for the update. I really only had home++ for the multiple screens.

Tama-Chan

Reaction score
I am running a phone using San Mateo, CA as the city to test, and 30min ago the temperature finally moved from 54 to 50. You guys confirm it works better now ?

Tama-Chan

Reaction score
Oh yeah, people on the market are saying it works now. I feel better!

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure why but I think BW actually IS the reason my battery died so fast yesterday. Here is my battery usage so far today:
4254271073_5a6ae5697b_o.jpg

I have had BW for a while and never had this issue before :( this is with geolocation off also, I wonder what the problem is.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
But then again my battery is doing fine today so maybe even tho BW is using most of it, it still isn't that much... hmmmm..

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah that would be an oddly shaped phone. Rather than "candybar" phones it would be more of a "Butterfinger XL" style phone.

Anyway, something is up with my BW, not sure why it is using so much more memory that yours... Maybe it is my 2.1 launcher or are you using that also?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Yep, using 2.1 Launcher also (first version 1.1). Ironically after I did the screen capture and refreshed the Battery Usage, BW usage was so low it wasn't even on the list anymore.

coondogg97

Reaction score
I have been using BW since I bought my phone and WWD since HTC had BW change their code. Both apps have pros and cons. As a PP mentioned one great thing with WWD is the ability to add a smaller weather widget on your screen. You can also have multiple weather widgets with different zones set on your home screen. I don't believe you can do that with BW, at least I havent figured out a way.

Also you can change the skins on WWD, but as a PP mentioned the skins arent that great. After downloading all the skins for the weather and the clock I found the stock skins looked the best.

Another great thing about WWD is the ability to launch any app when you click your weather widget. I have mine set to launch MyWeather as soon as I click on the widget so I can get my live radar and weekly forecasts.

With all that being said, I still run the original HTC style BW clock on my main screen. The look is fantastic and it is exactly what I am used to coming from an HTC Touch Pro. On my other home screen I run a couple of the 2x2 WWD widgets for different states. This way if I need a quick look at a detailed forecast I can just hit the WWD widget.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's really strange. Let me remove and readd the widget, see if that makes a difference.

RubberSoul

Reaction score
Weather is just not accurate enough for me, we recieved 6-12 inches of snow today, and the weather animation just had a sun with some clouds, no snow even in the forcast.......went back to weather bug widget. what I lose in glamour i get in info.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Weather is just not accurate enough for me, we recieved 6-12 inches of snow today, and the weather animation just had a sun with some clouds, no snow even in the forcast.......went back to weather bug widget. what I lose in glamour i get in info.
That's because Google's weather servers were acting up for the last couple days. They just fixed their problem a couple hours ago. Not the widgets fault. Many other widgets/apps were incorrect during this period also.

Status
Not open for further replies.