Touiteur > Twidroid?

armeddroid

Reaction score
From, Seesmic, to Twidroid, to Tweetcaster, to Touituer. I started with the free version and upgraded to primo. Def diggin it. The developer is quick to make adjustments and to let people know what changes had happened.
There is still room for improvement but at least the devo is responsive. Cant go wrong with Grade A CS.

AtlPikMan

Reaction score
I use Touiteur, the free version and I like it a lot. Lately Ive been getting a lot of FC when i click on a link #Hashtag or sometimes from searching. I really getting tired of it. Will this go away if I go to the Pro version?
Ive researched, whats the best Twitter app for Android and Twidroid seems to be the best. Anyone have any experience with it?

QiG

Reaction score
Bump...

I know it's old, but I'm just getting into twitter and I've tried a few.. I liked Twidroyd ALOT for the LivePreview when I turn the phone sideways, but I switched to Tweetdeck for the FB integration today (which is VERY nice) but it doesn't preview webpages and linked images the way Twidroyd does.

Just downloaded Twicca and Touiteur to play with... Is Touiteur still the go-to program?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well touiter is now plume and for many people it is indeed the go to. I prefer tweetdeck though. Just more my style.

tappin and a talkin

sarreq

Reaction score
I've been very happy with tweetcaster since march, haven't seen anything I like better so far

droidlady05

Reaction score
These are the pros ad cons for the following Twitter clients IMO:

Twidroyd Pros:
-LivePreview
-Feature rich without ads for the free version
-Theme Factory
Twidroyd Cons:
-Too large for my OG Droid. 6MB. Yikes!
-Aviator black theme shows retweets by other people one a white background with almost white text (unreadable).

Plume Pros:
-Beautiful, because it's made by the same people who bought us Beautiful Widgets.
Plume Cons:
-Slow
-Have to use premium version to utilize widgets, but we need to support the developers.
-The 4x2 widget often does not show any tweets. You have to refresh for it to populate.

Tweetcaster Pros:
-Best Facebook intergration can post to Twitter and FB at the same time.
-Feature rich without buying premium version.
Tweetcaster Cons:
-They need a glass or transparent widget option like Plume and Twidroyd. The blue, dark and light widget themes clash with the themes on my rooted OG Droid.

Official Twitter Pros:
-Typically it is themed to match whatever theme I running on my OG Droid.
Official Twitter Cons:
-I don't like the functionality, but I have not tried it since the major upgrade, because the ROM I run has not updated it, yet. When I updated it through the market it changed the theme on my widget, so I immediately deleted it. Can't wait for PEv5 comes out.

When I tried Hootsuite it did not have a widget. I don't care for Seesmic too minimalistic for my taste. I have never tried Twicca.

If anyone has anymore Pros and Cons please advise.:reddroid: