Battery life

microsnook

Reaction score
It just seems like its not all that great.

I flashed one of chevys ULB kernels (1Ghz) and its pretty slick, yes, but Im not sure about battery life.

Can we tweak wifi scans and do anything else to save battery?

The_Other_Ray

Reaction score
yeah, my battery is lousy also. Not even overclocked and within 3 hours my battery went down to 60%. And I didn't use my phone for anything. Wifi was turned off, gps was on but not running. I have the same settings when I used sapphire and I had much better battery life with it. I don't know what is going on with cyanogenmod so I had to restore my sapphire backup. I really like all the features of cyanogenmod so hopefully the battery life will get fixed.

OP
microsnook

microsnook

Reaction score
yeah, my battery is lousy also. Not even overclocked and within 3 hours my battery went down to 60%. And I didn't use my phone for anything. Wifi was turned off, gps was on but not running. I have the same settings when I used sapphire and I had much better battery life with it. I don't know what is going on with cyanogenmod so I had to restore my sapphire backup. I really like all the features of cyanogenmod so hopefully the battery life will get fixed.

Yes, I hope something can make it better. I love this rom. Its amazing. And now I have it all set up lol

elwood1229

Reaction score
I've only had it for a day, but have to say that of all the roms I have tried thus far this has had the best battery life on my Droid. I am using the standard kernel with SetCPU profiles. My usage has not been all that heavy but normal for a day like this. Took it off the charger this morning and it is still at 70% though I suspect it will drop into the 60s soon. I am quite pleased for the first day. We will see how the next few days turn out.

Elwood

OP
microsnook

microsnook

Reaction score
Im still doing some testing myself.
Its my first day on the rom, so I might be speaking too soon, but we'll see how it turns out.

AtrusNex

Reaction score
I can imagine the ULV kernel your running is at fault. I bet if you go and check, your phone probably never goes to sleep. I had the same thing happen to me. I guess my phone just wasn't cut out for ULV. I moved to a LV kernel instead and the problem went away.

KingTee

Reaction score
I've been getting pretty good bat life with this rom. Better than others i have tried.

OP
microsnook

microsnook

Reaction score
I've been getting pretty good bat life with this rom. Better than others i have tried.

Thats not bad.

Well I finally got it all set up, the minimum backlight and all, and Im going to test it out for real today.

Its doing good so far, so we'll see.

Ill post back

dbu

Reaction score
I honestly think that some people that are having terrible battery life just need to get a new battery. I was getting horrible battery life and went and got a new battery abd all is well. I use my phone hard all day at work and usually have at least 50% left...

Sent from my Droid

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
My battery life has never been better than now on RC3...Oddly enough i found chevys ulowv kernel drained my battery faster than the lowv one...im running chevy lowv .8ghz kernel...i have found as well battery life can greatly be tweaked mostly by how u have ur phone setting set...i will post a list of things i do in a bit...i gotta leave for work now.

OP
microsnook

microsnook

Reaction score
Yea, ive been unplugged since 930a, and i have around 80% and ive been messing on it all day texting and such.

I finally figured out my settings and battery is good now : )
Happy with my rom!

AlphaMack

Reaction score
I had battery issues of my own with CM. As suggested I wiped a few times, reflashed, discharged, and recharged. The result may have been one or more of the combinations above, but I have nearly 24h on a single charge with the stock LV kernel. YMMV of course, but it can't hurt to try.

AtrusNex

Reaction score
how can you tell if the kernel is to blame for battery life?

One thing that often happens is Android OS is using more of your battery life than usual after a long time of sitting. It usually is never over 6% after witting with the screen off for a while.

The best way to check is to run spare parts and look in battery history > other usage. Let you phone sit for a while first with the screen off. If your phone reads near 100% on running while screen off is dramatically less. Then that means your phone is never going to sleep. If you haven't installed any new software that could cause this, it's usually the fault of your kernel.

OP
microsnook

microsnook

Reaction score
My battery life is actually really good on this rom now.
12 hrs 10mins and 13s unplugged and i have 60% : )))