battery life slowing getting worse on CM

evolutioncsr

Reaction score
I get pretty horrible battery life with .6.2 I love the ROM but am on 1.0 of BB until next release so I can try it out. :)

microsnook

Reaction score
I made a backup, booted into recovery, and in the partitions section, I formatted my data, cache, boot, system, and now my droid is getting better battery life. its like a fresh new rom.
and when youre done, just go into nanroid and hit restore data and then restore that latest backup!

19DroidRage84

Reaction score
Poor battery life is mostly caused by the kernel. I've noticed that bekits lv kernels have worse battery life than the stanard voltage kernels.

19DroidRage84

Reaction score
I was using the lv kernel 800mhz then switched to the standard voltage 800mhz and battery life is much better.

I dont know what you mean as little sense as that makes?

Maverick0984

Reaction score
I've stopped using the Active widget and gone back to the old widget (on 1.5.2) and things have gotten much more in line. FWIW.

What is the old widget and how did you get it/use it? Thanks Mav (excuse the cliche)

There are two widgets that get packaged with SetCPU now. A normal one and an active one. The normal one i was calling the "old" one as it has been there for while and the active was new and just added recently.

I was using the lv kernel 800mhz then switched to the standard voltage 800mhz and battery life is much better.

I dont know what you mean as little sense as that makes?

He means less voltage SHOULD translate to less battery drain.

Last edited:

twmac

Reaction score
im still using 5.0.5.4

i get about 72 hours of use out of one full charge. im sure the upgrades are nice but that build is 100% stable and idles at 25F. i have no intention of changing a thing unless something extraordinary developed

weezyldroid27

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Running Stock 2.1 ESE81 Rooted by Pete with a p3droid 7 slot 800 MHz low voltage kernel. Just Uninstalled Set cpu and reinstalled and now not using active widget. Gonna try other things that you all have to see what works. Mine was fully charged this morning at 10am and it was at 20% by 10pm. Only tasks I have used is maybe 20 min of talk time, about 10 min on internet, 5 text messages, and that's about it.

05Ravenr6

Reaction score
same problems here...terribble battery life and gets hot after the setcpu update