Battery Life?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is odd. I will admit I am not using my phone as much as normal....well wasn't anyway....but I did incorporate tricks I have learned along the way so maybe that is what is helping me now.

StainlessSteelRat

Reaction score
Try giving the battery a few days. Mine has improved evey time I cycle to through from mostly charged/discharged. I went from 4 hours on the first day charge to more than double the next. Good Luck!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

militant

Reaction score
Something is going on with your phone. I am getting really good battery life on this device and can't wait to give it an extended battery to eat up.

It really depends how it was being use for those 2 1/2 hours. If it sat there, and only had a few minutes of screen on time, then yeah, something's eating up his battery. If you were using wifi, playing a game, watching video, streaming music, etc, than 1/3 of the battery would seem pretty normal for that time amount of time given what I've experienced.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Something is going on with your phone. I am getting really good battery life on this device and can't wait to give it an extended battery to eat up.

It really depends how it was being use for those 2 1/2 hours. If it sat there, and only had a few minutes of screen on time, then yeah, something's eating up his battery. If you were using wifi, playing a game, watching video, streaming music, etc, than 1/3 of the battery would seem pretty normal for that time amount of time given what I've experienced.

Mostly just sitting from what I could remember. I think I used it to go on DroidFOrums for a few minutes though.
Well off to work, I unplugged it roughly about 15minutes ago, again running nothing but LP, disabled WidgetLocker, no Widgets. right now its at 95%. Not going to touch it today unless I have to make a phone call or txt and ill report after I get off work.
Thanks everyone for chipping in. ;)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Where are you guys getting the single digit battery %??

end of line...

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
jstafford, I think circle battery widget will report single on the D3.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

John.Edwards

Reaction score
I remove the sim card so it stays in cmda, otherwise when you lose signal the phone trys to go to global on its own, i had the droid pro and had to use this method or it would drain the battery on the pop up box for going to global mode.

I am going to try this, I am seeing my battery getting used up with Cell standby - maybe the setting menu does not work as well as it should.

John.Edwards

Reaction score
I just set mine to CDMA only. Why remove the card?

I was still getting the prompt and seeing battery drain from cell standby after changing the menu setting.

UPDATE - this seems to be working well - 9 hours on battery with normal use and 70% battery. Yesterday it was at 10% at this time of day.

Last edited:

Opiemitsu

Reaction score
I remove the sim card so it stays in cmda, otherwise when you lose signal the phone trys to go to global on its own, i had the droid pro and had to use this method or it would drain the battery on the pop up box for going to global mode.

I am going to try this, I am seeing my battery getting used up with Cell standby - maybe the setting menu does not work as well as it should.

I tried this the other day just for the heck of it (and to see what the phone would do) after a full charge. I didn't see that it impacted the battery life of my phone at all, but maybe I didn't leave it out long enough for other tasks on the phone to overtake the cell standby.

I did notice though that when you put it back in, the phone reverts back to global so you'll need to reset this.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score

Mostly just sitting from what I could remember. I think I used it to go on DroidFOrums for a few minutes though.
Well off to work, I unplugged it roughly about 15minutes ago, again running nothing but LP, disabled WidgetLocker, no Widgets. right now its at 95%. Not going to touch it today unless I have to make a phone call or txt and ill report after I get off work.

Well after 8 1/2 hrs on the extended battery im at 80%.
Now again im only running 1 widget ( circle battery) and LP so thats probably why. Going to add some more of my everyday widgets tomorrow.
At this time yesterday i was at 10% so im pleased for now.

sent from my dThree

Ragnell

Reaction score

Now again im only running 1 widget ( circle battery) and LP so thats probably why. Going to add some more of my everyday widgets tomorrow.

sent from my dThree

Doing what?
Maybe I need to break mine in, had it for about 2 days not, and haven't gotten that kinda life with it yet

cloudstrife05

Reaction score

sent from my dThree

Doing what?
Maybe I need to break mine in, had it for about 2 days not, and haven't gotten that kinda life with it yet

Yesterday i had WL, with 2 widgets, Stock launcher running about 5 widgets. 1/2 doz txt about the same amount of phone calls.umm. couple of games. Lite day really. But something was draining it.
Ill see later if its too good to b true, because im going to load it up and see what happens.

sent from my dThree

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Well after 16hrs im at 40% and here are my stats.

Standby - 35%
Idle - 29%
System - 15%
Display - 8% ( set at about 40%)
Calls - 4%
WIFi - 4%
Maps - 3%
Drag Racing - 3%
Android OS - 2%

Now i didnt tax it hard today, but the ex. battery is running extreemly better than yesterday. Tomorrow I will add a ton of widgets, use the web / youtube a lot and play games more than i did today.