Battery Life?

TDevilsG

Reaction score
Jstafford, Ive been running my droid for about 37 hours now with about 20 minutes of charging time while being mounted on my computer and 15% battery still left. I highly suggest investing in the extended battery from verizon and switching to launcher pro off the market. My brightness is at a normal level and have three widgets on the screen and everything is running flawlessly, and this is with 5% display percentage.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

tburks

Reaction score
Battery interchange

I have a Droid 1 and am considering the 3. Do the batteries from the 1 fit the 3?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I was asking about if there was a way to see if moto had added a cpu governer to this thing. To that, I'll add this. I noticed yesterday when I was at 5% battery, and still needing to use it a bit, that the screen transitions were getting a bit choppy, which is what I was used to seeing on my D1 with cpu tuner on the battery save governer.

So, is there a way to find out for sure if moto is throttling the cpu on the D3?

If you have setcpu you can see what its clocked at.

end of line...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Jstafford, Ive been running my droid for about 37 hours now with about 20 minutes of charging time while being mounted on my computer and 15% battery still left. I highly suggest investing in the extended battery from verizon and switching to launcher pro off the market. My brightness is at a normal level and have three widgets on the screen and everything is running flawlessly, and this is with 5% display percentage.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

In that time what's your screen on time??

end of line...

darkmatter

Reaction score
I was asking about if there was a way to see if moto had added a cpu governer to this thing. To that, I'll add this. I noticed yesterday when I was at 5% battery, and still needing to use it a bit, that the screen transitions were getting a bit choppy, which is what I was used to seeing on my D1 with cpu tuner on the battery save governer.

So, is there a way to find out for sure if moto is throttling the cpu on the D3?

end of line...

does it need root to see what the cpu is at? (or i guess I can just d/l it and see, lol)

*edit

IMG_0573.JPG

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

end of line...

does it need root to see what the cpu is at? (or i guess I can just d/l it and see, lol)

No it doesn't need root to see the clock speed. It is a paid app though. Can see if there's another app that monitors clock speeds though.

end of line...

Opiemitsu

Reaction score

end of line...

No it doesn't need root to see the clock speed. It is a paid app though. Can see if there's another app that monitors clock speeds though.

end of line...

For just seeing what "slots" are available, the current speed and governor I use OSMonitor which is free. If you're rooted it will even let you change them. Does some other nice doodads too :D

Opiemitsu

Reaction score
In my local VZW store today and took some photos of the demo DROID3 on display. Seems to have a different software build on it. Not sure if this is due to the demo (I wouldn't think they would bake the demo software into the ROM) or if it has a real software update on it.

My versions are System Version: 5.5.959.XT862.Verizon.en.US and Build number: 5.5.1_84:D3G-20_TA-9

Thoughts?

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Well suddenly after almost 2weeks my battery has taken a nosedive over the past 3days. The minute I unplug the phone it immediatly gose to 99% and I can only get 7-8hrs.
I was running Go Launcher with maybe 3 widgets, and also Widgetlocker with 2 widgets.

I went and installed an extended battery today, so ill see what happens. im going to install Launcherpro just to try out the different Launcher.

[after installing the fully charged extended battery after only 32min its down to 90% already. ]
Here are the stats.
Cell Standby 33%
Phone Idle 26%
Android System 19%
Display 12%
Android OS 5%
Google Services 2%
com.android.phone 2%
Motorola Services 2%

im going to let it run for a few more hours and see what happens.

Last edited:

militant

Reaction score
I'm getting 20 hoursish with light use, and all 4 of my home screens are comprised of almost entirely widgets. Infact, my main home screen uses "folders" which are actually widgets (because the stock folders are plain looking and boring) to sort/organize my apps. I get about 14 hours with moderate use, and obviously less with heavy use.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Well something is definitely crushing the battery.
Im now down to 67% after 2 1/2 hrs on the Extended Battery.. using LP with.0 widgets.
Gonna have to give Verizon a call tomorrow.
sent from my dThree

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Something is going on with your phone. I am getting really good battery life on this device and can't wait to give it an extended battery to eat up.