Battery Life?

psychotic_penguin

Reaction score
Charged over night with the phone off on a wall charger.

12hrs 11mins of charger 20%

Cell Standby 31%
Phone Idle 24%
Android System 15%
Display 11%
WiFi 10%
Android OS 6%

This is with heavy usage with an extended battery

Edit: Ran her hard finally shut off at a touch over 14 hours

Last edited:

Aiesline

Reaction score
I went to bed last night with a low battery indicator thinking it would fully dsicharge overnight and that I could recharge this morning... but No. I woke up with 5% battery left leaving my stats at 1d 0h 34m on battery with

43% cell standby
40% phone idle
9% voice calls
4% display
2% Android OS
2% Android System

This is on the standard battery with light to medium usage yesterday. Now I have to kill this last 5% of battery so I can charge it up for the day.

jimikeys

Reaction score
i'm having the best battery life ever since i did a hard reset and didn't reinstall things i originally had...i guess coming from a rooted droid screwed things up a bit...i'm on 20 hours and 35mins of time right now at 60%...this is very cool...

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
this hole % dont mean crap what does it say when you touch the display %? how long does it say your display has been on? bc 12hrs at 20% is NOT heavy use I will put $20 on it...bc mine is at 60% and the display says 21min so thats where your battery goes the % doesnt mean anything that just shows what part is taking up what % not how much you have been using your phone

Last edited by a moderator:

darkmatter

Reaction score
Sitting at 8 hours off charger, display in use for 2 hours at 5% battery.

Though, i'd like for someone to look at stupid zombies. I have 25 seconds of stupid zombies using 32% battery. Not sure wtf is up with that.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

alboboy10

Reaction score

Though, i'd like for someone to look at stupid zombies. I have 25 seconds of stupid zombies using 32% battery. Not sure wtf is up with that.

You might have left it running in the background. If you press the home button you leave the game on. If you don't want to play anymore go back.

zoomy942

Reaction score

You might have left it running in the background. If you press the home button you leave the game on. If you don't want to play anymore go back.

This. Your back button is your friend.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
I yanked my sim card out of my phone as well...it was set to CDMA only before but i still saw battery drain from signal searching. Hopefully this fixes that!

pyrofreak

Reaction score
according to the woman i just had a chat with at moto its a bad battery. I attached my full convo with her tell me this isnt just a case of oh we sent out a bunch of bad batterys on "accident" in hopes of boosting the sales of the ext batterys. i guess its worth a shot if some people out there are getting battery life thats so good its at 60% at 20 hours when mine can barely go from 8 am to 7 pm on a single full charge

i just noticed something when i turn wifi on the little thing that shows the signal strength for wifi turns white for a min then it turns blue then when i turn it off 3g pops up and its white for a min and then it turns blue i wonder if that means anything. if i dont have 3g or wifi then the bars stay white and i seem to be getting awesome battery life.

Last edited:

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love that she expected to see the issue of your battery losing a charge fast in like 10 minutes.

MrJoe

Reaction score
I yanked my sim card out of my phone as well...it was set to CDMA only before but i still saw battery drain from signal searching. Hopefully this fixes that!

So what effect has this had on your battery life? If you pull out your sim card it says no sim card on the lockscreen and it's kind of annoying but i'd be willing to put up with a minor annoyance for improved battery life

aramos87

Reaction score
i'm having the best battery life ever since i did a hard reset and didn't reinstall things i originally had...i guess coming from a rooted droid screwed things up a bit...i'm on 20 hours and 35mins of time right now at 60%...this is very cool...

Is this with the extended battery? I'm at 8 hrs 2 mins 34 secs and have 50% on stock battery with somewhat moderate use. I was wondering if the extended battery is worth it, and if it adds any kind of bulk to the phone... I would still want to use the case I bought for it.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

darkmatter

Reaction score
The bulk added by the extended battery is minimal. You can use the stock battery cover, but its a bit tight. Its best to use the cover that comes with the battery, since batteries can expand when they heat up. But even then, its not very noticeably thicker. I think ppl can still fit it into the car charger.

MrJoe

Reaction score

Is this with the extended battery? I'm at 8 hrs 2 mins 34 secs and have 50% on stock battery with somewhat moderate use. I was wondering if the extended battery is worth it, and if it adds any kind of bulk to the phone... I would still want to use the case I bought for it.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums
when u say that u didnt reinstall things u originally had, does this mean you found a way to get rid of all the bloatware?

Alcapwn89

Reaction score

So what effect has this had on your battery life? If you pull out your sim card it says no sim card on the lockscreen and it's kind of annoying but i'd be willing to put up with a minor annoyance for improved battery life

Well I've only the SIM card out for one full day, but I saw no impact on battery life. It pretty much stayed the same, I think im just gonna bite the bullet and order an extended battery next paycheck. The battery life is worse than my Original Droid, hopefully with the extended battery i'll be able to make it a full day with moderate/semi heavy use. I love pretty much everything else about the phone, though.

What do you expect me to do in class when fall semester starts, pay attention?? ;)

Last edited: