Battery Life?

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

So it will work for D3? The pictures confuse me. I get charging is all the same but I'm not so much worried about that as much as the battery fitting into my phone.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Yes, I have used it do charge my Droid 3. It comes with multiple interchangeable tips, including Mini-Usb, and Micro-Usb (used for android smartphones). Its EXTERNAL as I said, it doesn't go in your phone. You plug your phone into it, and charge it off that. It has a 2 foot cord so you can use the phone and place the charger somewhere, so using the phone is not cumbersome. And its rather small and easily fits into your pocket/purse.

Sounds good. I'll definitely purchase this now and return my extended battery as soon as this comes in. Thanks for the link.

militant

Reaction score
Here, I'll take a picture of it, next to a few things as a comparison so you can see. Hang on.

edit:
That is an empty droid 3 rubberized snap case (5.99 off amazon) I have several so that's one I'm not using atm for reference.
2comzhu.jpg

2rd9gqo.jpg

Last edited:

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I wouldn't use one of those off brand "universal" 5000mAh chargers on my D3
I don't care what they claim it's compatible with...

Iv'e learned my lesson not following Motorola's directions before.... not worth it

militant

Reaction score
I wouldn't use one of those off brand "universal" 5000mAh chargers on my D3
I don't care what they claim it's compatible with...

Iv'e learned my lesson not following Motorola's directions before.... not worth it

Read the reviews on this battery... It's fine to use once in a while. In fact, my battery life has gotten better since I used the thing, I know it's probably unrelated, but its just food for thought. I always use an official charger when I can, but trust me it's fine, my buddy's had one for his phone for 6 months.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
I was that same guy.... "its fine its fine... I've used it a hundred times" untill the time I plugged it in and it went "pop".... phone was fine... cherger didn't work anymore... so I waited till I got home and plugged it into the OEM charger and that wouldn't work...

And my external battery pack was an expensive $100 8500mAh model...

Only worked for 2 months... and screwed up my charge port...

Remember when your buying from amazon or ebay or whatever... your getting bulk buyouts that were overstock or buyback... and old batteries don't work so good

militant

Reaction score
I was that same guy.... "its fine its fine... I've used it a hundred times" untill the time I plugged it in and it went "pop".... phone was fine... cherger didn't work anymore... so I waited till I got home and plugged it into the OEM charger and that wouldn't work...

Remember when your buying from amazon or ebay or whatever... your getting bulk buyouts that were overstock or buyback... and old batteries don't work so good

Like anything, your milage may vary. It's the highest rated external battery on amazon, and has been available for over 7 years, and has a 4.5 star rating out of hundreds of reviews. Sorry to hear what happened to yours, but It doesn't seem to be a regular thing judging by reviews.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Interesting. If it fails, a VZW rep will be a fault anyway due to the fact he also told me it should be fine with a normal cover. Plus, its warrented pretty good. I go out a lot and need a case. Didn't have one for my d1 and it looks like crap cause of the small dings its aquired. Nothing significant, just bad wear and tear. But ya, cases not fitting otherwise, so.. I see not to many alternatives.

Good luck getting Verizon to own up to it being the fault of a rep. I'm sure they'll claim user error since it's clearly stated to use the extended battery cover with the extended battery. Everyone can make their own decisions about their devices, but it's really not a good idea.

Finding a good case is always a problem when using an extended battery. I'm not a holster guy at all (it's just not my style in the slightest), but the shell that comes with the shell/holster combo from Verizon fits with the extended battery, it doesn't add that much bulk, and it has a kickstand built-in. I just tossed the holster in a closet and rock the shell. Definitely the best option right now if you want a case and the extended battery.

Droidrage729

Reaction score
Battery life on my d3 is better then I got on my dx with an extended seidio battery. The it wasn't the huge extended batter but still supposed to have a higher mah then what is stock. The do definitely runs more efficiently also may have something to do with the pencils display. The whatever it is ill take it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting. If it fails, a VZW rep will be a fault anyway due to the fact he also told me it should be fine with a normal cover. Plus, its warrented pretty good. I go out a lot and need a case. Didn't have one for my d1 and it looks like crap cause of the small dings its aquired. Nothing significant, just bad wear and tear. But ya, cases not fitting otherwise, so.. I see not to many alternatives.

Good luck getting Verizon to own up to it being the fault of a rep. I'm sure they'll claim user error since it's clearly stated to use the extended battery cover with the extended battery. Everyone can make their own decisions about their devices, but it's really not a good idea.

Finding a good case is always a problem when using an extended battery. I'm not a holster guy at all (it's just not my style in the slightest), but the shell that comes with the shell/holster combo from Verizon fits with the extended battery, it doesn't add that much bulk, and it has a kickstand built-in. I just tossed the holster in a closet and rock the shell. Definitely the best option right now if you want a case and the extended battery.
I would definitely talk to the same people that sold me the battery if that were to happen.
Anyways, no worries, I switched back to the new cover a couple hours after posting here just to be safe and purchased a new case for my phone this morning. Verizon was kind enough to take back my old one as well.

I don't know if it's because I haven't had any "super big" problems yet, but my VZW reps seem to be a lot better then what everyone dipects them to be most other places.. even knowledgeable of the "internet world" with rumors and what not. There just not able to disclose information on things such as the Bionic.

Last edited:

TheOldFart

Reaction score

That is bull. I have bought hundreds of items from Amazon, from bicycle components to electronics. Every item has come in the original packaging, with the factory seal if there is one. Items that have a manufacturing date on them normally have been manufactured in the last 6 months. This is for items directly from Amazon, not from a marketplace vendor. I have never bought from ebay, so what you say there might be the case. That has been my fear about ebay and is the reason why I don't buy from ebay. Amazon and Newegg are the best in my opinion, but one has to be careful not to buy the bulk packaged items from either.

Ragnell

Reaction score
I have no idea whats going on with my battery life, Charged it last night, listened to some MP3s on the way to class, which is about a hour, when I got to class it hit 90%, I'm like ok, it's doing better now, Looked back at it about 3 hours later and it was at 50%, it was doing nothing the entire time, now I'm looking back at it and it's on 30%

current stats:
8h 11m 28s on battery
Cell Standby: 52%
Phone idle 28%
Android OS 7%
Display 6%
Mediaserver 2%
Android System 2%

What the heck, is Cell standby that much of a battery drainer? Note, I'm using the Extended battery

darkmatter

Reaction score
I had 16 hours the other day with nearly identical stats, just add in some maps usage.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Ragnell

Reaction score
Does Widgets suck that much battery life?
Also I'm using a Live Wallpaper which only displays Time Date and battery life, could that be a reason?