Battery life?

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by Jessesmith888, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Jessesmith888

Jessesmith888 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude a balanced price?? Droid life just said it might be $729 off contract! Wake up the xoom is $799. HTC just isn't listening to us!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

2. jaycemiskel

jaycemiskel Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I can see the research the phone part. That's why I don't currently own an HTC phone. I researched and saw they had bad battery life.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. 13th angel

13th angel Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Pretty much any phone is $600 or more off contract.... that's how they pull people into contracts, either pay an arm and a leg fora phone or sign a contract to stay with them for 2 years.... if your like me then don't really think twice about a vzw contract. My family has been with them since they bought Cellular One.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

4. guitarchris123

Ratings:
    +0
    There are options. Buy an extended battery (I'll most likely be getting a Seidio). Use various battery saving techniques (google them). Dim your screen. Get an app that helps save battery.

However, I don't know why HTC did not put a bigger battery in this phone. Especially since the EVO and Inc were notorious for having bad battery life, and that was the number one complaint of owners or why people chose to get something else. 1400mAh sounds pretty small for a flagship beast such as this. The second generation snapdragon processor and smaller die (reduced from 65nm to 45nm) are supposed to help, but is it that hard to put a little bit bigger one in there? It can't cost all that much more to have a slightly bigger one. Even if it makes the phone just a little thicker, it is worth it to get one full day's use out of a phone. They could have just as easily gone with a 1600, although I would have like to see more like a 2000.

5. pittguy578

pittguy578 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There will be third party batteries available. I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.

6. kptphalkon

kptphalkon Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Imagine if they invested in buying or having manufactured a larger battery into the phone.

The thing is already reportedly $730

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

7. guitarchris123

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I did. Now what is your point? Sure, it would cost a little extra to put a bigger battery in the phone, but not that much extra (certainly not nearly as much as we pay at retail for a larger one). It would definitely be worth it in goodwill to not have people complaining in stores and on the internet and to their friends and family, and returning the phone because they cannot get a full day's use out of it.

I don't care how much it costs at retail price, I'm getting it on my contract upgrade. Paying full price for the TB is for suckers, whether its $600 or $900. And actually, the 2 rumors of price are $630 and $750, but nothing is official yet.

8. Russ2387

Russ2387 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I apologize for my rude response. not cool. You have a point, do your homework. but I did do it, and I want the tb. Just not the bad battery life. I was hoping they could do a bit better on that one point. it would be worth the extra $20-$30

9. figgy55

figgy55 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If it helps, my friend has an Htc HD7, and if you arent familiar with this phone its built a lot like the t-bolt. It has the large screen and all. My friend gets pretty good battery life from it with just a 1230 mah battery. He uses it moderately throughout the day, texting, calling, browsing and gaming. I know the HD7 doesn't have to deal with 4g but its something to think about! maybe the battery life wont be awful..

10. want a droid

want a droid Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If it's a matter of cost, I would be very willing to get a smaller memory card and get a higher battery. I would much rather monitor my memory card space and usage than monitor my battery usage.

If presented with 32GB, 1400mAh TB and 16GB, 1600mAh TB I would choose the latter without hesitation. Even for just that extra 200mAh.

In my opinion spending $50 for 200mAh more (seidio) is not worth it. I'll most likely end up with multiple chargers/charging my phone all the time.

Thoughts on smaller memory card for bigger battery?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

11. HookedOnHifonic

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree. I am not a heavy user of mobile devices in the first place. That 32 gb card will NEVER get filled up(by me at least). I would trade the 32 gb card for a 8gb car with a 16 or 1700 bat

12. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To answer an earlier post at the beginning of the thread, the D1 has a 1240/1450mah battery (written exactly as it is on the battery, dont ask me why it has two numbers, just does...) Something tells me after all the complaints about the Incredible's "wonderful" battery life Im sure HTC lived and learned. At least I hope so lol. Hopefully we'll see some better software to extend the battery life, and the battery MAY even be swap-able with the Inc, giving those who upgrade from it, to the TB, a second battery right off the bat(just a thought).