Battery life?

vintage2714

Reaction score
I agree

You see!? Wait for reviews, extra battery, root..... why is it up to us as Droid users to come up with the solution, time, and most often the money to get the most out for our droids? Why isn't the battery being upgraded just as fast at the other hardware? This thing comes with a 32gb micro SD that didn't exist a year ago. Why not just a little better batteries in these things? They exist just put em in!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
Jessesmith888

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
Plus most likely if you root and switch roms the LTE wont work. Cmod just finally got wimax working on evo/epic/sprint and I'd guess LTE might be different?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
BECAUSE THESE PHONES ARE BATTERY HOGS, END OF STORY.

A CLAMSHELL DUMB PHONE IS LIKE A HYBRID. WOULD YOU BUY SOME TOYOTA HYBRID CAR AND EXPECT 50 MPG? OF COURSE

A GOOD SMARTPHONE IS LIKE A FERRARI. WOULD YOU BUY THE FERRARI, RUN IT AT 140 MPH ALL DAY, AND EXPECT TO STILL GET 50 MPG? OF COURSE NOT!!!!

Either LEARN to use your phone LESS, have more batteries, always be able to plug your phone in, or shut up! I'm sick of people blaming manufacturers for their own problems, it's like that obese guy who sued mcdonalds because he couldnt put down the ****ing food!

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

+1 +1 +1 +1
Tired of ppl complaining about how bad the batteries are now.

Off topic, how did you change the "sent from...." thing? Tired of adding liberated to it every time i post lol

Sent from my Liberated DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

want a droid

Reaction score
It is a very reasonable complaint. Why put a 1400mAh battery in the first 4G phone for Verizon? With the other awesome specs, the battery is just a horrible thing to add to the list. They should have just left it off the spec sheet.

I'm pretty sure my D2 came with a 1350mAh. With the bionic coming with a 1950mAh, I'm really confused as to why they decided on 1400mAh.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

roosterbrews

Reaction score
My d1s battery was only lasting about 10 hours or so so I ordered a thundeerbolt. Then the rep at verizon told me to install juice defender and now my d1 lasts 2 days but I'm still going to the thunderbolt Ill just install juice defender there also and hopefully get a full day out of it anyway.

motty69

Reaction score
+1 +1 +1 +1
Tired of ppl complaining about how bad the batteries are now.

Off topic, how did you change the "sent from...." thing? Tired of adding liberated to it every time i post lol

Sent from my Liberated DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

You change change your signature in the settings of the DroidForums app.:)

Russ2387

Reaction score
BECAUSE THESE PHONES ARE BATTERY HOGS, END OF STORY.

A CLAMSHELL DUMB PHONE IS LIKE A HYBRID. WOULD YOU BUY SOME TOYOTA HYBRID CAR AND EXPECT 50 MPG? OF COURSE

A GOOD SMARTPHONE IS LIKE A FERRARI. WOULD YOU BUY THE FERRARI, RUN IT AT 140 MPH ALL DAY, AND EXPECT TO STILL GET 50 MPG? OF COURSE NOT!!!!

Either LEARN to use your phone LESS, have more batteries, always be able to plug your phone in, or shut up! I'm sick of people blaming manufacturers for their own problems, it's like that obese guy who sued mcdonalds because he couldnt put down the ****ing food!

this guy is a FOOL. use your phone less??? what a idiotic thing to say. after paying high costs for a phone and data plan i have to ration my usage??? YOU shut up. dont like the thread? DONT READ IT!!!

i agree that if they have the tech for bigger batteries they should probably use it. my d1 is mah1350, and after a year and a half they can only put in a mah1400 in there flagship phone that they know to have complaints with similar models?? {evo 4g}

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I could see if these phones were getting okay battery life but HTC phones are notorious for bad battery life. Any other phone, and yes maybe your expectations with the amount of usage are unreal but seriously, HTC needs to do better. I understand if you use your phone a lot it will need to be charged which is why I have two batteries and always have a charger, but I've had an HTC phone before and the battery life was worse than my Droid.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kptphalkon

Reaction score
My point is either dont get the phone, learn how to extend your battery life through usage, or stop complaining. You as the consumer have the liberty of choice to either read up about a phone from reviews and get it or not. You make the decision of buying it.

A fool? Yes. An idiot? Probably. An angry forumer who knows what kind of hoops manufacturers have to go through to balance price, performance, demand, and competitiveness? Definitely.

OP
Jessesmith888

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
Dude a balanced price?? Droid life just said it might be $729 off contract! Wake up the xoom is $799. HTC just isn't listening to us!

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I can see the research the phone part. That's why I don't currently own an HTC phone. I researched and saw they had bad battery life.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Dude a balanced price?? Droid life just said it might be $729 off contract! Wake up the xoom is $799. HTC just isn't listening to us!

Pretty much any phone is $600 or more off contract.... that's how they pull people into contracts, either pay an arm and a leg fora phone or sign a contract to stay with them for 2 years.... if your like me then don't really think twice about a vzw contract. My family has been with them since they bought Cellular One.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

Reaction score
There are options. Buy an extended battery (I'll most likely be getting a Seidio). Use various battery saving techniques (google them). Dim your screen. Get an app that helps save battery.

However, I don't know why HTC did not put a bigger battery in this phone. Especially since the EVO and Inc were notorious for having bad battery life, and that was the number one complaint of owners or why people chose to get something else. 1400mAh sounds pretty small for a flagship beast such as this. The second generation snapdragon processor and smaller die (reduced from 65nm to 45nm) are supposed to help, but is it that hard to put a little bit bigger one in there? It can't cost all that much more to have a slightly bigger one. Even if it makes the phone just a little thicker, it is worth it to get one full day's use out of a phone. They could have just as easily gone with a 1600, although I would have like to see more like a 2000.

pittguy578

Reaction score
There will be third party batteries available. I wouldn't be overly concerned about it.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Imagine if they invested in buying or having manufactured a larger battery into the phone.

The thing is already reportedly $730