Gorilla Gadgets 3500 mah extended battery

Getsome122

Reaction score
Me thinks with no possibility of getting any case to fit over that thing that I will pass and go with two standard batteries.

DX- rooted, strapped, deodexed,OC'd, and themed how I like it...

bsc504

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a battery app like the one I use (battery status pro) may post the correct available battery power? Or does the phone just not recognize non stock battery power availability.

searayman

Reaction score
so we are certain the phone battery meter does not stay synced with this battery?

vatothe0

Reaction score
I'm going to try running it down all the way to see if it starts tracking ckrrectly

Sent from my DROIDX

searayman

Reaction score
I'm going to try running it down all the way to see if it starts tracking ckrrectly

Sent from my DROIDX

chances are that wont help. Droid 1 had same problem with sedio extended battery. I get like 23 hours from verizon slim extended so i feel liek this is not needed.

vatothe0

Reaction score
28 hours of moderate/heavy use so far, 6 were sleeping. Been at 5% for 4 hours and have used nav and pandora for the last 2.5 hours.

Sent from my DROIDX

jcutter347

Reaction score
I am using one I got from verizon. It says : 1880/1930
mAh(min/typ)
Model : MOTMB810BATX L-L-L DC100706
BH6X
I am getting 16-20 hours with HEAVY DAILY use

McBain01

Reaction score
That thing is a beast. Does not look like it would be comfortable in the pocket or in the hand.

Rocko

Reaction score
Stock will get you 9-14 of heavy use, Moto ext. 24-30 heavy and 48-60 light use like me.

dominick_7

Reaction score
Yea it's big alright... but only slightly bigger than I expected! ... thanks for the pictures.

Any updates on battery life? I had a similar one for my old WM5 Samsung i730... it would last about 3 days... the fat shelf on the bottom did make it easier to hold for texting.

Ditto on that. I use that extended battery NOW for my i730, for when I can't afford data I switch back to the i730. Going back to the Droid X this month, but I love that the battery lasts so long. It's big but it may be worth it for the Droid X. Anyone have any more feedback on how well and long it works?

OP
E

ericFuels999

Reaction score
Mine arrived in the mail today and it's charging right now. I'll report back when I've actually used it for a while. As for the size, it makes the phone more ergonomic, in my opinion. Now I can just grab the phone and get a good grip on it, whereas before it was too thin and would sink too far back into my hand to be comfortable. I always felt like I had to "pinch" it. Anyway, it's irrelevant to how long this thing will actually last, but it's still worth mentioning.

searayman

Reaction score
Mine arrived in the mail today and it's charging right now. I'll report back when I've actually used it for a while. As for the size, it makes the phone more ergonomic, in my opinion. Now I can just grab the phone and get a good grip on it, whereas before it was too thin and would sink too far back into my hand to be comfortable. I always felt like I had to "pinch" it. Anyway, it's irrelevant to how long this thing will actually last, but it's still worth mentioning.

can you please post more pictures and let us know if it syncs with the battery icon?

dominick_7

Reaction score

I feel like it would help it ergonomically as well. From experience letting it fully charge then fully run out/die activates the full potential of the phone if not helps the phone read it better. Would love to hear back on how it works. Seidios is expensive but I hope this one isn't prone to bulge over time.

dominick_7

Reaction score
Me thinks with no possibility of getting any case to fit over that thing that I will pass and go with two standard batteries.

DX- rooted, strapped, deodexed,OC'd, and themed how I like it...

Would fit fine in a Nutshell case. I use their number 205 for the Verizon extended battery currently but I believe it will fit with any of these extended batteries.