Gorilla Gadgets 3500 mah extended battery

ericFuels999

Reaction score
Has anybody purchased the new 3500 mah extended battery from Gorilla Gadgets and had a good experience so far?

Motorola Droid X 3500 mAh extended life battery

I don't have it myself, so I'm just looking for personal experiences from people who are using this battery. I've heard great things from people using the 3500 for the EVO...

MonKENy

Reaction score
Id like to know as well. And if anyone can recommend a good extended battery. I dont know what to look for.

fatdroid

Reaction score
I have it and the battery meter isn't synced to the extended battery. It was showing 5% power for 5hours and i was using it heavily. Dx

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dmaveer2000

Reaction score
GG Extended Battery

Has anybody purchased the new 3500 mah extended battery from Gorilla Gadgets and had a good experience so far?

Motorola Droid X 3500 mAh extended life battery

I don't have it myself, so I'm just looking for personal experiences from people who are using this battery. I've heard great things from people using the 3500 for the EVO...

I just got mine the other day, it fits perfect and seems to work well. Havent really left it unplugged long enough to really test it but so far so good. I only really bought it for long flights so I can watch a couple movies and not kill the battery but I do think I will use it more often than I expected.

McBain01

Reaction score
im very interested in this. Havent been on in a while looking at accessories but i know there was a time that the x wouldnt recognize 3rd party batteries. I assume this has been fixed in the latest OTA updates?

OP
E

ericFuels999

Reaction score
I have it and the battery meter isn't synced to the extended battery. It was showing 5% power for 5hours and i was using it heavily. Dx

Yeah, I used to have an Eris, and it did the same thing with the Seidio 3500. I got a feel for it after a while.

Can anybody comment on how the X w/ a GG 3500 feels in your hand? I wouldn't mind a little more depth to the X - it may be huge surface area-wise, but it's too thin. :)

fatdroid

Reaction score
It doesn't feel bad. Actually it seems better to hold onto it especially while texting IMO.

travisn000

Reaction score
Any chance of a picture of the phone with it installed? PLEASE.. :D

..how difficult is it to put in a front pants pocket?

fatdroid

Reaction score
aefc73ce-f06d-9cb2.jpg
aefc73ce-f07f-d08c.jpg
aefc73ce-f0a3-7cc8.jpg

OP
E

ericFuels999

Reaction score
Haha, wow that is big, but I didn't really expect anything different. It could definitely look worse. Just look at the seidio 2600 mah battery cover...now that thing is ugly.

travisn000

Reaction score
Yea it's big alright... but only slightly bigger than I expected! ... thanks for the pictures.

Any updates on battery life? I had a similar one for my old WM5 Samsung i730... it would last about 3 days... the fat shelf on the bottom did make it easier to hold for texting.

fatdroid

Reaction score
Total hours with heavy usage-23hrs before charging. 3 days with light use