1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

droid vs iphone battery life.

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by ryanr509, May 3, 2012.

1. ryanr509

ryanr509 New Member

Why does the iPhone get better battery life than my DROID RAZR? Is it the os? Smaller screen? Apples CPU? I could average about 15 hours with 5 hours on screen when I had the iPhone. I now have a RAZR and average about 10 hours with only 2.5 screen on time. I use the phones the same way and I know the iPhone has a smaller battery but not sure what's helping with the extra life. I would need an extended/maxx battery to reach those numbers or better and that battery is 2.5 times the size of the iPhone (1400mah I believe)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
  2. Caesars

Caesars Well-Known Member

I couldn't say for sure, but I think a few things at least would have to include:
    -screen size
    -actual OS, more specifically the way it handles multi tasking
    -for that specific example 4g, or lack of

Not sure about any official / actual reasons, but those would be my guesses :)
  3. dasanman69

dasanman69 New Member

Screen size plus LTE are probably the biggest reasons why, any widgets you have running also contribute to a lower battery life.
  4. garrett

garrett Beta Team Theme Developer Developer

a bunch also has to do with the fact that the OS is build for the specific hardware on iOS which is much different then android. For all intensive purposes all android phones run a Frankenstein OS. They all run the same core android OS then each manufacturer and carrier adds their own drivers, skins, and any proprietary software on top causing faster battery drain.
  5. ryanr509

ryanr509 New Member

Ya I just wasn't sure exactly what all the reasons causes were. And I have 1 widget running and not in a 4g area. I loved the battery life on that phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums
Search tags for this page

android battery vs iphone battery

battery drain android vs iphone
battery iphone versus droid
compare droid batteries to iphone batteries
droid v iphone battery life

droid vs iphone battery life

droid with iphone battery life
ios battery life versus android
iphone 4 vs droid razr battery life

iphone vs droid battery life