Battery life on rubix

JOx

Reaction score
Everyone says there battery is amazing and I'm feeling left out. Mine is decent just not as good as it should be. I cleared the battery stats, ran quick clock did all the good stuff and its decent. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
how long ago did you do that?

My understanding of how battery level is determined is that it's really an estimation by the phone of how much battery is left. It's not a definitive number which is why sometimes if you reboot or do a battery pull you level changes from what is was.
Like with any estimation the more data you have the more accurate it is. Your phone may need to go through a few cycles before you are getting true numbers.

In short, if you just did all that...wait about 3 days and see if you feel like your battery life is better.

OP
J

JOx

Reaction score
No I did all this awhile ago. I have always been a dedicated rubix guy just because of the optimization and under the radar work. But, I haven't had the performance I have been advertising. I installed liberty when it came out and got much better battery life. I recently put liberty on my pops phone and his phones battery takes a dump on mine :(

Reaction score
No I did all this awhile ago. I have always been a dedicated rubix guy just because of the optimization and under the radar work. But, I haven't had the performance I have been advertising. I installed liberty when it came out and got much better battery life. I recently put liberty on my pops phone and his phones battery takes a dump on mine :(

ha, i'd switch batteries with your pops and see if anything improves. That's kinda mean though :D

Battery life depends on so much.
some people just use their phones more through out the day
apps installed
signal quality
access to wifi
charging habits

I can go from a full charge at 630am to 40%-50% when I put the phone on the dock between 1030 - 1130 usually.

I have an extended battery
I use y5 to auto enable/disable Wifi
I usually have a good strong 3g signal most of the day
I charge in the car dock to and from work (25min total per day)
I try to do any large downloads when on wifi (home and work)

I'm not sure if/how much all those points help but i feel like they do.

hope that helps!