Droid DNA Battery Life?

HTC1234

Reaction score
Yeh I wish the dna had the maxx battery which device do you like better?

Robster

Reaction score
I am not sure why people keep comparing the battery life of the DNA to phones like the Razor Maxx HD and Note 2. Both of those phones cost about 50% more on average than the DNA. For an extra $100 those phones better last longer on a charge.

sabirc13

Reaction score
Design wise I gotta say, to me, the DNA is sexier. Both feel premium I just prefer the feel of the DNA especially the back of the phone. The red accents are also pretty damn sexy... It was hard for me to put a case on this bad boy but oh well... I've been usign the DNA more the past few days but all of a sudden last week it seemed that everyday the maxx hd would freeze up on me once a day and yeah occasionally the moto would get laggy... The reason I initially bought the maxx hd was cause battery was my main priority. Maybe cause I came from a thunderbolt...lol. also I noticed that the battery was getting hotter too at times but I'm not sure if I could consider that "overheating." Initially I was going to buy the DNA but literally last second I opted for the DNA solely off the screen. My wife has the s3 and I'm not a fan of touchwiz, but I was also skeptical of sense. S pen? Don't need it . Plastic? No thanks! I figured I got this beast battery in my maxx hd lemme just grab this beautiful screen . I can't shortchange the maxx hd especially with its battery life , its hard to kill it... Also if shop around u can get it for the same price as the DNA if not cheaper . I think I fell into the quad core craze but honestly I don't notice any difference in speed but I don't play games or apps where it might be noticed . Right now though I'm really digging the DNA.

Last edited:

Robster

Reaction score
Also if shop cheaper u can get it for the same price as the DNA if not cheaper .

Same goes for the DNA. It can be gotten cheaper if you shop around. Maxx HD is still more expensive on average.

Tiredretired

Reaction score
Sorry for being off topic, but how are you guys doing screen shots with the DNA? :biggrin:

Thanx

Last edited:

mittymak

Reaction score
its not the fact that Im compairing 2 completely different phones.. I just found it interesting on the maxx hd side of the forums they compare the battery and take picture of screen on time.. where as htc side its just general on time

DroidudeAZ

Reaction score
My DNA hasn't had great battery life. Stand by isn't bad, but I can take a battery down to about 30% in 6-8 hours with email checking and texting, no games or movies streamed with the phone. The phone charges up very slowly. Last night, I plugged it in with 55% remaining and 2 hours and 15 minutes later it was at 95%. After that I plugged in my GNex, that I'm giving to a friend, and when I plugged it in it was at 25% and it charged to full in a little less than 2 hours....I don't get it. Any opinions are welcome.

Jasonr403

Reaction score
galaxy note 2 is better then the droid dna

I totally agree with you man I have the Droid dna for a couple days and the battery life sucked that's why I exchange it for the Galaxy Note 2 and the Galaxy Note 2s battery life is a beast compared to the DNA and that wins me over all the way plus you cant even really tell a difference between the 1080p screen on the dna to the 720p screen on the galaxy note 2. Plus the galaxy note 2 has the spen and all the other cook features plus its .5 inches bigger which I love the note 2 wins in my opinion over the droid dna in every category. Any one else feel the same

Robster

Reaction score
The Note 2 is a great phone. I would probably have one except that it was too big and too expensive for me at the time. The DNA was just right in every way for me.

goodwill295

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't conditioning a battery only apply to nickel-cadium batteries? With lithium-ion batteries there is no memory effect and the only thing you get out of a full discharge is a more accurate reading from your phones battery page. A full discharge actually hurts it and if drained beyond 2.5v it can brick your battery. The result is more of a placebo than an actual result because it "seems to last longer."

sabirc13

Reaction score
I have read that.. there's a battery calibration app I'm about to try it for the hell of it..

Tiredretired

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't conditioning a battery only apply to nickel-cadium batteries? With lithium-ion batteries there is no memory effect and the only thing you get out of a full discharge is a more accurate reading from your phones battery page. A full discharge actually hurts it and if drained beyond 2.5v it can brick your battery. The result is more of a placebo than an actual result because it "seems to last longer."

My experience with NimH & Li-Ion batteries, admittedly more with power tools than cell phones, has shown that after about a half a dozen charge / discharge cycles the capacity of the batteries increase to their rated amounts. This may be what others are referring to when discussing the conditioning of the battery.