Flashing from Rubix 0.5 to apex 1.2.1

rmaddx43

Reaction score
First of all I'm really liking rubix 0.5 and getting decent battery life going on 13 hrs. And at about 40%..I like the way it runs.but I'm getting an itch to explore but have had a bad experience flashing a rom and had to send it back..I'm thinking of flashing to apex 1.2.1 using rom manager..before I try it out I just wantd to ask what some of the big differences are and if there's any critical things I should know before flashing to this rom to avoid another warranty exchange I have a feeling I won't get away with it again

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

droidxchat

Reaction score
First of all I'm really liking rubix 0.5 and getting decent battery life going on 13 hrs. And at about 40%..I like the way it runs.but I'm getting an itch to explore but have had a bad experience flashing a rom and had to send it back..I'm thinking of flashing to apex 1.2.1 using rom manager..before I try it out I just wantd to ask what some of the big differences are and if there's any critical things I should know before flashing to this rom to avoid another warranty exchange I have a feeling I won't get away with it again

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

you want to make sure that you wipe data/cache when you flash it, otherwise you'll get bootloop and will have to sbf.

i would recommend using the non-leak apex (based off 2.3.15), that way, nothing you do will give you a brick, because even if you mess up you'll be able to sbf it back to normal

there's a lot of differences but none of them are huge differences. rubix 0.5 is a very old version, i'm surprised you're still using it. you'll find a lot of new features in apex.

OP
R

rmaddx43

Reaction score
thanks alot man i appreciate your help. just flashed to apex 1.0.2.2 im enjoying it so far anything i should know?