Bad battery life?

Snow02

Reaction score
Instead of heavy/moderate/light usage, how about some screen on times? I'm getting a max of 4 hours with the standard battery. Seems right in line with other 4G phones.

Standby time seems excellent so far too. I'm getting very little drain while not in use.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Still a bit hard to rate but here's my screenshot of battery. I'm in a bad spot that I get no signal. Running on wifi now but I struggle to get any sorts of this signal in here. As you can see my battery didn't last long at all until I logged onto wifi. Right now I'm at 56% with some pretty moderate use; browsing, words with friends, some text, and df

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

GenieAngel

Reaction score
How do you close the running apps? I like the phone but it is not as intuitive as many other phones I've had!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
How do you close the running apps? I like the phone but it is not as intuitive as many other phones I've had!
Hit the button next to the homescreen button on the bottom, this is your recent apps button. Just swipe away any apps you're done with.

kookk

Reaction score
Will this problem be fixable on the future by software updates do you think? I really want a nexus but this is giving me second thoughts

Sent from my cyanobolt

TeeX

Reaction score

I thought this was true, but I swiped apps away on that menu, but then went into Settings> Apps> and checked the previously-swiped app, and found that it still needed to have "Force Stop" clicked on it.

(Doesn't that mean that it was still running in the background?)

plumcrazy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hit the button next to the homescreen button on the bottom, this is your recent apps button. Just swipe away any apps you're done with.

thank you, i had no idea how to do that. good info !

Riley

Reaction score
I was getting OK battery life yesterday...after 14 hours I was down to 14%....and at that point I shut the phone down. I just booted it back up and its at 40%....weird.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

kenman

Reaction score
I thought this was true, but I swiped apps away on that menu, but then went into Settings> Apps> and checked the previously-swiped app, and found that it still needed to have "Force Stop" clicked on it.

(Doesn't that mean that it was still running in the background?)

I believe you're right. Swiping away apps on the recent apps list doesn't do anything other than removes it off your recent apps list. The only way to stop an app is through the settings.

dolpns13

Reaction score
I think all the 4g phones battery life sucks. At least from what I have read... I had the Rezound and returned it after a week. Full Battery died after 8 hours, of total non usage. Phone was asleep all day and it died. Unacceptable. I would think that with the next new 4g phones that come out that Motorola, Samsung, and HTC develop a battery capable of handling these phones power and 4g

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

CSNeoM4A1

Reaction score
View attachment 44121

Light use most of the day. I had Facebook checking every hour and now I just turned updates off and will get the updates thru text. Not sure why light flow is using so much power however.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Mike55

Reaction score
I am actually surprised about the battery. Yesterday I had lite use, but in and out of service and 4g, phone lasted 13 hours down to 22%

scdown

Reaction score
I looked at battery stats after 1/2 hour off the charger and I was at 88% - not good - There was an app in the list called "Media" that had 9.5 minutes of keepawake and 3.5 minutes of CPU - I hadn't done ANYTHING with the phone. I also saw Facebook in the list and I hadn't launched it.

So, curious about this, I removed the Facebook app from the phone. "Media" hasn't popped back up. I'm back to a pattern that will probably yield me around 28 hours. Last charge I noticed that Facebook was at 9% in the battery stats - and I'd used it for about 30 seconds?

I think Facebook need to revisit their app's power draw habits?

tacticalfats

Reaction score
I got a little over 4 hours with the std battery yesterday with moderate use.
clapping.gif

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt that it needs a few charge cycles to break in.

I now have 2 extended batteries and an additional std battery (which came with the standalone charger. I'm going to carry both std batteries today. I'm know that with my usage my X's standard battery (had 2 stds and 1 ext) by 7pm tonite, it would be 30-40%. We'll see.

tacticalfats

Reaction score
I don't have a FB account, so I can't blame it for my sucky battery, as much as I'd like to.