Bad battery life?

iKN0WaGH0ST

Reaction score
How are you guys doing as far as battery life goes?

I'm eating up 1% every 4 minutes or so....

I'm using auto brightness if that is an issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mattv111

Reaction score
How are you guys doing as far as battery life goes?

I'm eating up 1% every 4 minutes or so....

I'm using auto brightness if that is an issue.

I got 7 hours of heavy use

OP
iKN0WaGH0ST

iKN0WaGH0ST

Reaction score
I got 7 hours of heavy use

1% every 4 minutes was from my phone locked while I'm watching dexter.. A big chunk of it was from facebook. I guess I forgot to close it?

Any recommendations as far as saving battery life goes?

wickedkae

Reaction score
i have the extended and it doesn't last more than 4 hours. not sure what to do

char7188

Reaction score
In developer options you can set the phone to only allow 1-4 apps open at a time to save battery life.

bmkdroid

Reaction score
I was wondering if it would be good or bad to limit the number of running apps. I figure, limiting it may cause android to close apps that you use often like the launcher/home screen and causing it to have to restart that process. Or does the limiting only apply to non system type of apps?

char7188

Reaction score
I was wondering if it would be good or bad to limit the number of running apps. I figure, limiting it may cause android to close apps that you use often like the launcher/home screen and causing it to have to restart that process. Or does the limiting only apply to non system type of apps?

The wording on the option sounds as if it's only the apps that show up when you press the current processes button. I set mine to 4 because I don't need more than music, txt messaging, and browser. All the time I have been playing around I check the apps and find 6+ running, so I'll see if it helps the battery these next few days of heavy usage.

jeepin79

Reaction score
Mine is not very impressive either but I have only had the phone for 10 hours. I know the Razr that I had for a little over a week was horrible at first also. Once I ran the battery all the way down and then fully charged it a few times the battery life seemed to be getting better and better. Give the phone a chance before we all start complaining about battery live.

yurdle

Reaction score
Battery life will probably be bad for most today as most people will spend the day setting up their phone.. also, I believe battery life will increase within a couple days.

Reaction score
Mine seems to be draining a little faster than my DX. Screen is a big chunk which is expected 33% but Android OS is at 36%?? What is that? Never came up on my DX.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

humanputting

Reaction score
Yep terrible battery life. I was thinking of picking up the extended but what's the point if it would only add 40 mins? Either way the biggest hog for me is the screen its sitting at 60 percent usage right now. I've got the brightness set to zero and no auto brightness. Damn I love this screen but if its sucking up this much juice I might have to buy another charger.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I have no idea how my battery is doing. Smartphones are computers, I don't expect it to last all day. Thankfully I work with computers, I keep mine charged.

Shaneathan

Reaction score
I was super impressed with my battery life today. Unplugged it around 7am. Didn't even hit 70% by 3pm. Don't know how it happened, but hoping that's the norm.

Before this, I had the RAZR. Terrible battery life on that guy.