Bad battery life?

scdown

Reaction score
Here's my snapshot after waking up this morning. I'm at 26% after just over 24 hours. I'm stoked!

Usage:
  • an hour or so of Spotify,
  • some Facebook (which I FC'ed after a few hours because I didn't like the drain),
  • voice dictation and typing into GTalk,
  • light e-mail and browsing,
  • about 45 minutes of phone calls,
  • installing/playing with Light Flow,
  • updating my apps
  • installing new apps via the market.android.com site
  • about 30 minutes of Solitaire Megapack
Conditions:
  • standard battery
  • 4G on
  • WiFi on (so it's not actually using the 4G, I imagine)
  • BT off (nothing paired to it, don't need it at the moment)
  • NFC off (that's paranoia - I want to know when I'm using it)
View attachment 44051

Last edited:

scdown

Reaction score
@dustinslee, Can you try doing a Force Close on Facebook, and not using it for the rest of this charge cycle? I'm curious to see if that improves your situation.

x25064

Reaction score
Bad? More like abysmal. I'm on wifi right now and chewing 1% every minute. Literally. Thats WITH the extended battery. If they dont fix this by the 15th, then back this battery pig goes.

dustinslee

Reaction score
@dustinslee, Can you try doing a Force Close on Facebook, and not using it for the rest of this charge cycle? I'm curious to see if that improves your situation.

I deleted the app I will just use the browser the next cycle and see what happens

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dustinslee

Reaction score
Bad? More like abysmal. I'm on wifi right now and chewing 1% every minute. Literally. Thats WITH the extended battery. If they dont fix this by the 15th, then back this battery pig goes.

I agree and if it don't get better I am returning as well... kinda disappointed

dustinslee

Reaction score

I actually deleted every app that was running after being swiped off the tasks see what happens

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I had 100% before I went to bed. This thing has almost as bad battery life on standby as my Inc. Android os was using 43%....very odd
Also I received a mms, words with friends notification, Facebook notification, and an email. Other than that I had no apps open and even did a restart before unplugging it completely. 17% percent drop in almost 8hrs on idle..not too good. I have live wallpaper but that shouldn't matter since the screen is off, its phase beam.

Last edited:

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I had 100% before I went to bed. This thing has almost as bad battery life on standby as my Inc. Android os was using 43%....very odd

Yes, I an really surprised with the os using that much. I guess that's good though, as soon as they get some more optimizations! :) oh, and I hope someone starts on a kernel soon... :)

I figured the screen would be the one eating battery even though it's led, but after seeing the lists, the screen isn't really a major problem at all. :)
You can fix an OS but you can't fix a screen! ;)

This wants to be sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Chatchie

Reaction score
After a full day yesterday I got 12 hours of moderate use from off the charger to low battery shutdown. This morning I turned off 4G and Im seeing better life already and its holding data MUCH better on just 3G. With 4G on I got no data service about 6 times yesterday.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
5 Hours Moderate Use 38% remaining - not too great.

How do you take pics of your screens and post them?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hold the power button and the volume down button together for like 1-2 seconds.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yes, I an really surprised with the os using that much. I guess that's good though, as soon as they get some more optimizations! :) oh, and I hope someone starts on a kernel soon... :)

I figured the screen would be the one eating battery even though it's led, but after seeing the lists, the screen isn't really a major problem at all. :)
You can fix an OS but you can't fix a screen! ;)

This wants to be sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Well this is of course expected as we are all guinea pigs for ICS right now, and loving it might I add. However, to see such a different in Android OS use compared to 2.3 is pretty surprising. Hopefully an update can fix our battery issues. This is my first 4g phone so me comparing it to the inc is a bit unfair, so for a 4g device I've heard this is definitely one of the better ones.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think because all I ever read is how bad these past 4G phones batteries are on the forums, so when I got nearly 10 hours yesterday of heavy usage, I was actually surprised.

xxpigxx

Reaction score
My battery life is decent. I just ordered the extended battery as a backup. Just in case.