Backup

TheShamrock7

Reaction score
I have a Droid rooted running buglessbeast v.05. I have been running it since it came out, works great by the way. Downloaded Go Launcher worked good for awhile a little buggy also have a software update that keeps trying to update but can't because of being rooted I think. I recently went in to rom manager to try new bugglessbeast6 and I can't make a back up. It just shows logo then boots up like nothing. I also noticed I can't boot
In recovery. It feels like I'm not rooted. I though about using rsd and flashing again. Any suggestions? Any way to take care of this software update pops up all the time
Sent from my Droid

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
Mine has a few times. N I would think since u have flashed a rom to ur phone everything should be ok. I kno I have had a few problems with rom manager on backups and stuff. I just deleted the program went to the market and installed the latest version then it worked fine for me. If u do that id clear cache inside rom manager. And if u haven't updated clockwork in a while id redo that too. Jusk reclick the top bar and it will do it over.

I kno rom manager has updated a lot lately... so that could be ur problem

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Sounds like RM borked CW. That happens. A lot. Like a LOT lot. Like A LOT lot LOT LOT lot.

Reflash CW 3x and try again. If still no go, alternate CW and SPR 3x and try again.

And get in the habit of making your backups manually because that way you know what's going on.

OP
TheShamrock7

TheShamrock7

Reaction score
I unistalled rom manag
er
reinstalled still have problem. Can't even boot in to recovery,

Sent

from my Droid

MarkY3130

Reaction score
Did you try the suggestion above about flashing the alternate recovery (in rom manager at the very bottom)? Flash it, than flash the clockwork recovery again. If it takes longer than about 4 seconds to successfully flash the cw recovery than you need to keep repeating these steps. This happens frequently. Before flashing a new theme or rom always check that the recovery is working properly and it shouldn't get stuck at the moto logo.

OP
TheShamrock7

TheShamrock7

Reaction score
Ok it finally worked. Just kept flashing like you said. Took forever to backup but my battery is 40 percent. Any suggestions on the system update that keeps poping up. Tried to update but gives an error assuming from being rooted. Thanks for the help with the rom manager problem.

Sent from my Droid

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If you're on v.5 then update to v.6. Or move away from the Beast and all the problems that seem to keep cropping up and try a straight AOSP ROM like Sapphire or Simply Stunning or LFY.