A Seemingly Simple yet Major Problem

ddschmidt

Reaction score
I have had an og droid rooted now for a few months and have been using MIUI. I recently tried to update the new MIUI to it and have run into a problem. It won't power back on full nor go into recovery. I have flashed an .sbf file or two to see if that will jump start it. I also know to get into regular recovery, you use Power + X key, but every time it just boots to the white M logo and will not go any further. I have no trouble getting into the bootloader, but unable to get into either normal boot or recovery. Anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks

OP
D

ddschmidt

Reaction score
Turns out it was extraordinarily simple the whole time. Evidently the phone wasn't getting enough juice when plugged into the computer and I had forgotten to try the last step...plug it into an actual wall outlet. I plugged it in and it powered right into boot. Charged it up and everything is working as expected. Thanks for being willing to help and I'm very happy it was such an easy fix.

D

OP
D

ddschmidt

Reaction score
Well it seems as though my solution wasn't as simple as I thought. Every time my phone shuts off, I have to use a wall outlet to get it to boot normally. It will hold a charge once booted, but if it ever shuts off, I have to plug it in and even then it is hit and miss. Also sometimes when the phone is on, it will not come out of the sleep mode. The touch buttons at the bottom turn on, but the screen doesn't come back up. is there any way to boost the power or maybe something is loose inside? Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well it seems as though my solution wasn't as simple as I thought. Every time my phone shuts off, I have to use a wall outlet to get it to boot normally. It will hold a charge once booted, but if it ever shuts off, I have to plug it in and even then it is hit and miss. Also sometimes when the phone is on, it will not come out of the sleep mode. The touch buttons at the bottom turn on, but the screen doesn't come back up. is there any way to boost the power or maybe something is loose inside? Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Might try taking a pencil eraser and cleaning the battery terminals. You also might try a new/different battery. Both suggestions are just shots-in-the-dark kind of things.

Good luck.

OP
D

ddschmidt

Reaction score
I have just resorted to making sure I recharge the device before it shuts off on its own. I have tried pencils and even new batteries and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I am testing new kernels to see if maybe that was the problem, but other than that I have no clue. Thanks for you help though!