Asurion plans to offer Droid X and Incredible as Droid 1 replacement

wmnomore

Reaction score
I called them this morning and they told me they indeed have Droid 1 replacements. They also said it would be $50. I will wait for them to run out.

ogDroid

Reaction score
After using my damaged yet usable droid the past two months, I decided to complete my case. At first the three were offered, then I stated I was offered a Dinc by a asurion rep previously. Which then they agreed to send me out one but I would have to call back when that department was open. Before I could get out of bed to call them back the next day, I received a call from the "CEO" letting me know they received roughly 100 brand new droids this morning and would send me one.

I was looking forward to getting the Dinc, which he said I could get instead but there is a 2-6 week wait. I stuck with getting a brand new droid instead waiting for a refurbished Dinc. I'm also getting to keep the 16gb sd and battery which together cost more than the deductible itself.

xpezdj

Reaction score
I bet asurion is telling everybody that just calls in and asks if they have D1 replacements that they do... and then if they actually go through with filing a claim they play dumb and give you the 3 options. Smart move Ausrion.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dragozoid

Reaction score
If people keep trying to cheat the system then eventually there will be more restrictions to come. Just look at why the ETF is now $350.

If you want a DX or an Incredible then just purchase one. At the very least, sell your D1 for $300 to offset the retail price of a DX or Incredible and then just pay the other $300 out of pocket.

Seriously, people who keep cheating the system will eventually screw us over just like people who abused the ETF to sell phones.

Big Ry

Reaction score
crappy headphones, bent or broken wires in the headphone jack on the headphones. i plug my headphones in for 2 hours every night when i practice with a metronome app before bed and i don't have any issues.

i also ride my bike at least 4 afternoons each week and i use the cardio app and music app with my headphones and i have no problems during those sessions either. a lot of people are just rough on their things and don't take care of them and then blame it on someone or something else (crappy phone, faulty jack, etc.)
its actually a very common problem with droids. ive heard its from using low end headphones. could be that or a technical spec IMO. my cheap headphones cause it to freak out, but it works fine on a 3.5>>tape deck converter

Hmm... I wouldn't say I have high end headphones, but they're certainly not low end. Regardless, I've never heard of iPhones or the Galaxy S line having the same issue with low end headphones. I'm not sure why people can't admit that there might just be a build defect with the phone. As I said, I'm on my 5th Droid. If this happens again, I'm done for good.
Well then goodbye. I told you, it IS a defect, you WILL get another droid that does this. It just so happens that it doesnt happen with ever set of headphones. Why this is, I don't know, but its true. Also, whether or not Motorola has acknowledged the issue I also don't know, but I do know that they will not be fixing it. No phone company would ever invest the money to fix a hardware issue, it's not worth it. They'll just release a new phone. And now that the D1 is discontinued and we have the DI and DX plus the D2 and DPro on the horizon, theres no chance in hell of the issue being fixed. Phones have problems sometimes, its a fact of life in the electronics world. Go buy an IPhone 4, and kiss your reception goodbye unless you don't mind using the (required) case at all times. You weigh the pros and cons, and hopefully you do your research before you buy, so you know the cons before purchasing. To me, the headphone issue isn't important, I rarely use headphones. But the reception thing with the iPhone would drive me nuts (not that I'd ever buy an apple product). Look at the DI, its been out for a while, so the defects are pretty well established.

xmguy

Reaction score
But those have no keyboard :( Hopefully droid 2 will be offered as a replacement down the line.

Ditto. I like the Droid X. If I had that phone I'd want a Droid 1 or 2 also. I like having a physical keyboard. If They CANNOT give me a Droid 1 or 2. I'd cancel.

adlx21

Reaction score
HRM, this is very interesting..
I hope we can confirm what phones will be available for replacement soon because if they offer crappy phones, the insurance will basically be pointless! I am ready to cancel it.... =X

SECRT AG3NT MAN

Reaction score
iv been waiting since the 24th of last month for my phone the Droid Incredible and it still on back order and was told today he could take 2-4 weeks when i first called to file the claim they said 3-7 days??????very frustrating

wade1

Reaction score
They sent me a refurbished droid yesterday... -_- they refused to give me the x or incredible I tried 4 different times lol

idiotiotic

Reaction score
I was on the phone with an asurion rep yesterday and got her to kindly let me know that the droid x WILL be an available replacement soon. She was not able to give me a solid date but said it will be available shortly. I was on the phone not even ten minutes before i was offered an incredible and was told that there were more D1's in stock right now. my advice to you guys would be to hold on to you broken d1's until a solid upgrade is offered. I'm waiting for the x. and as far as calling asurion, noone knows the d1 better than the people on this forum, to get what you want, use the knowledge you have of this phone to prove the phones they are currently offering arent comparable. Thats what I did and i was offered an incredible off the bat and was later told the droid x will be offered as a replacement, directly from the first asurion rep I spoke with over the phone.:reddroid:

ogDroid

Reaction score
I was offered a dinc, which I would have received in nearly two months. Decided to stick with a d1 and was sent a brand new one yesterday :)

dragozoid

Reaction score
I was on the phone with an asurion rep yesterday and got her to kindly let me know that the droid x WILL be an available replacement soon. She was not able to give me a solid date but said it will be available shortly. I was on the phone not even ten minutes before i was offered an incredible and was told that there were more D1's in stock right now. my advice to you guys would be to hold on to you broken d1's until a solid upgrade is offered. I'm waiting for the x. and as far as calling asurion, noone knows the d1 better than the people on this forum, to get what you want, use the knowledge you have of this phone to prove the phones they are currently offering arent comparable. Thats what I did and i was offered an incredible off the bat and was later told the droid x will be offered as a replacement, directly from the first asurion rep I spoke with over the phone.:reddroid:

I wouldn't just go by what one rep said. And a lot of them make mistakes. I doubt they'd offer the DX as a replacement for the D1 because then anyone with a D1 could just pay $90 to get an X without contract. They'd be losing money doing this.

Jmart922

Reaction score
Sounds cool, but my droid has been such a great phone, to just purposely damage it or "lose" it, doesn't seem justifiable to say oh a bigger screen

idiotiotic

Reaction score
The way I see it is asurion will be losing more money in the long run if they cannot replace the D1 with a device the consumer views as comparable, as with anything the consumer will vote with their wallets and asurion will take a huge hit if this isnt addressed for the long run. They WILL run out of D1's and will need to replace it with something that is comparable. I'm sure taking the hit and providing the consumer with an upgraded phone (which they have done before) will actually save them money in the long run. Especially with a hot item like the D1. If they cannot offer a comparable model that the consumer sees fit I'm sure the folks who own D1's will have no problem pulling the plug on asurion. I told the representative that due to the development I am currently doing on my D1 the only feasable replacement i could recieve to secure my investment and save my work would be the droid x and she had no problem telling me that the x will be available as a replacement in the near future. When it will be available is anyones guess.