Asurion plans to offer Droid X and Incredible as Droid 1 replacement

rlacsamana1989

Reaction score
What most people don't think about is Motorola stopped making the droid 1 so once Verizon is out of Droids to do as a replacement they will have find something to replace it with just like the blackberry tour got upgraded to the tour 2 when blackberry stopped production on the first tour.

All these people saying they are going to break their droids to get a droid X is crazy! But this is all speculation as there is no official word that verizon will replace the droid with a droid x so just be happy you have a phone that works! and don't try to scam a insurance company that is why they have so many rules and restrictions.

Fresh330

Reaction score
and don't try to scam a insurance company that is why they have so many rules and restrictions.
It's also why premiums go up each year (says the guy who works for a large insurance company :) )

Anyway, I'm on my second replacement Droid due to my first one (bought the day it came out) having the headphone jack issue, door to the battery constantly falling off, and my keyboard no recognizing letters when I type. They replaced it on the spot through manufacture's warranty. That was about 4 months ago.

This 2nd Droid is acting up with the keyboard again (I use it quite frequently). I thought about bringing it back to Verizon but I'll deal with it until I know exactly what I'm getting with a replacement.

mrshickadance9

Reaction score
They should just automatically give the D1 users a Droid X because of the headphone jack problem. That is a hardware PROBLEM and it needs to be fixed.

I'm on my 5th droid in 4 months for the same reason. They claim it's not a known issue, yet they swap it out without even checking to see if I'm telling the truth about it. Let's be real. The droid is a piece of garbage.

More often than not it is user error. Yes, there is the occasional broken phone jack, otherwise its a great phone...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

How could there possibly be user error with a headphone jack...?

NeoandGeo

Reaction score
I'm on my 5th droid in 4 months for the same reason. They claim it's not a known issue, yet they swap it out without even checking to see if I'm telling the truth about it. Let's be real. The droid is a piece of garbage.

More often than not it is user error. Yes, there is the occasional broken phone jack, otherwise its a great phone...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

How could there possibly be user error with a headphone jack...?

River in Egypt. dancedroid

K

killabyte

crappy headphones, bent or broken wires in the headphone jack on the headphones. i plug my headphones in for 2 hours every night when i practice with a metronome app before bed and i don't have any issues.

i also ride my bike at least 4 afternoons each week and i use the cardio app and music app with my headphones and i have no problems during those sessions either. a lot of people are just rough on their things and don't take care of them and then blame it on someone or something else (crappy phone, faulty jack, etc.)

Big Ry

Reaction score
crappy headphones, bent or broken wires in the headphone jack on the headphones. i plug my headphones in for 2 hours every night when i practice with a metronome app before bed and i don't have any issues.

i also ride my bike at least 4 afternoons each week and i use the cardio app and music app with my headphones and i have no problems during those sessions either. a lot of people are just rough on their things and don't take care of them and then blame it on someone or something else (crappy phone, faulty jack, etc.)
its actually a very common problem with droids. ive heard its from using low end headphones. could be that or a technical spec IMO. my cheap headphones cause it to freak out, but it works fine on a 3.5>>tape deck converter

SECRT AG3NT MAN

Reaction score
my D1 whent for a swim and i called them they offerd me those two crap phones she said she had the droid eris and i didnt gt tht phone because i cant take pics in the dark and than she offerd a Incredible so i will be getting a free upgrade :) i dont want the X its too big for my liking.

Big Ry

Reaction score
so is this only insurance or warranty as well? i know asurion does both for at&t but IIRC Verizon likes to do their own warranty service.

dragozoid

Reaction score
They should just automatically give the D1 users a Droid X because of the headphone jack problem. That is a hardware PROBLEM and it needs to be fixed.

My D1 had this exact problem and it was very annoying. I'm guessing it started when I decided to play music at full volume. I've blasted music on my DX and haven't seen this issue at all. I think the D1 speaker just sucks.

mrshickadance9

Reaction score

its actually a very common problem with droids. ive heard its from using low end headphones. could be that or a technical spec IMO. my cheap headphones cause it to freak out, but it works fine on a 3.5>>tape deck converter

Hmm... I wouldn't say I have high end headphones, but they're certainly not low end. Regardless, I've never heard of iPhones or the Galaxy S line having the same issue with low end headphones. I'm not sure why people can't admit that there might just be a build defect with the phone. As I said, I'm on my 5th Droid. If this happens again, I'm done for good.

Fresh330

Reaction score
my D1 whent for a swim and i called them they offerd me those two crap phones she said she had the droid eris and i didnt gt tht phone because i cant take pics in the dark and than she offerd a Incredible so i will be getting a free upgrade :) i dont want the X its too big for my liking.

What's the deductible for the Asurion warranty? I remember it was $50 but that was when I had a "dumbphone."

Big Ry

Reaction score
so what happens when u switch? can apps be transferred? i don't imagine that settings can. do they replace accessories too?

wolfpack_lamb

Reaction score
I emailed Asurion over the weekend to ask them what they were replacing the Droid with now that they are out of stock. I explained to them that I don't need a replacement but wanted to find out what my options would be so I would know whether it is worth it for me to keep my insurance. This is the response I got back:

"Thank you for your email inquiry. I apologize for the
delay. Yes, you are correct. The Motorola Droids are currently out of
stock. We are offering the Motorola Devour, or the LG Ally, or the HTC
Eris as comp models. If you have to file a claim, and the Motorola
Droid is not available, we can offer those comp models listed above, or
we may be able to offer another option. If you have any further
questions, please do not hesitate to contact us"

I emailed them back and explained how unacceptable this was. I haven't gotten a response back yet, but when I do I will keep you posted.