Your Warranty Replacement just might be a Droid 2 / Incredible

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
you just get a d1. i just got my replacement today. and thought maybe i was getting a d2... hmm

whatever. this phone seems to be faster then my old one. and the keyboard is flat instead of bumpy... which is easier to text on hmm.. :D

rebma85

Reaction score
I have a friend who called Verizon today to get tech support for his phone turning off at random. He said on his first call, they offered him a Droid 2 and it will be shipped out on Monday. I guess it's all in who you get.

Rixx

Reaction score
Refurb...no luck here.

Just got my replacement for D1....a refurb D1.

gaga

Reaction score
After 3 or 4 replacements if you tell them you don't want another CLN, they should offer you a different model. It helps if you speak to a supervisor also.

I was offered a droid 2 or incredible after having 3 droid 1's.

Be persistent and they will listen.

onsht1kll

Reaction score
From what i hear from my sources inside Verizon . .they are replacing Storm 1s with Storm 2s and D1s for D2s .. guess both models they had problems with so they are doing a straight swap . .since they use the same batteries and chargers .. dont know when this will take effect but from what i hear it is soon .. if i had to guess i would say its because Adobe announced the whole "flash isnt going to work well on any processor less than 800 MHz" and Verizon advertised the hell out of it cuz Adobe said it would work initially .. IMO anyway ..

gaga

Reaction score
From what i hear from my sources inside Verizon . .they are replacing Storm 1s with Storm 2s and D1s for D2s .. guess both models they had problems with so they are doing a straight swap . .since they use the same batteries and chargers .. dont know when this will take effect but from what i hear it is soon .. if i had to guess i would say its because Adobe announced the whole "flash isnt going to work well on any processor less than 800 MHz" and Verizon advertised the hell out of it cuz Adobe said it would work initially .. IMO anyway ..

They would lose so much money if they did this.
I doubt they will ever do this.

onsht1kll

Reaction score
Yeah. It's junk feeling slide, but the phone seems just as stable as mine and despite the initial chipping of some plastic in the MicroUSB it seems to seat more proper than my original ever had. Will probably keep it as I didn't expect perfection from a CLNJ and functionally it seems to be decent enough.

I have given them a lot of he11 more for the lack of swaps in the store. You could check a few and take the ones with the best slide and obvious first hand stuff if they had them in the stores rather than warehouses. If they don't have enough CLNJ's to do store and mail swaps both they should be WAY more willing to offer some new devices. Particularly if you have a 100% authentic warranty issue. I might have even just considered my USB issue normal wear and tear if my wife didn't have the same phone with an obviously better jack from the get go. The CLNJ's just amaze me though cause the new droid1's seem to have been a lot nicer. Oh well, I will be giving VZW a real hard time come contract shopping time over this one.

No one cares. That includes Verizon. They would rather have you go to AT&T then deal with ONE unruly customer.

I agree 100%!!!

You guys do realize how warranties work right? The manufacturers take care of the warranty .. Verizon only offers the CLNRs as a means so you arent without a phone. Normal procedure is to send your phone to Motorola for a few weeks and have it repaired and sent back to you .. AT&T does the whole refurb thing too .. Dont know if you guys have had cell phones long enough but back in the day they sent them to the manufacturers. I for one would rather take a refurb than be without my phone for a few weeks .. The fact that some people are on multiple phones .. well thats the way the industry is going .. Most people only get between 3 and 6 months out of a phone before it breaks. .and thats not just 1 manufacturer, its all of them .. some people are lucky and keep them for a while. Me, I'm on my second D1 in 9 months. Sorry for the rant but it ticks me off when people blame Verizon for a broken phone when they dont make phones, they just sell them for the manufacturers!

onsht1kll

Reaction score

Why would they lose money? If you look at the D1 and D2 the parts are interchangable as well as the Storms. .alot of the parts on the D1 they can use on the D2 for refurbing (ie. housings, camera, maybe the main board but different processor?).. Also goes hand in hand with happy customers .. If people were promised flash and didnt get delivered then someone would burn for it .. unfortunately people would blame Verizon and not Adobe .. I dont have all the facts so its just speculation but I am curious if its just for customer satisfaction thing .. just a thought

gaga

Reaction score

Why would they lose money? If you look at the D1 and D2 the parts are interchangable as well as the Storms. .alot of the parts on the D1 they can use on the D2 for refurbing (ie. housings, camera, maybe the main board but different processor?).. Also goes hand in hand with happy customers .. If people were promised flash and didnt get delivered then someone would burn for it .. unfortunately people would blame Verizon and not Adobe .. I dont have all the facts so its just speculation but I am curious if its just for customer satisfaction thing .. just a thought

The insides of the droid 2 are a lot more expensive then the droid 1.
(processor, on-board memory, ect)

Also, Flash worked just fine on my droid 1.

xmguy

Reaction score
No one cares. That includes Verizon. They would rather have you go to AT&T then deal with ONE unruly customer.

I agree 100%!!!

You guys do realize how warranties work right? The manufacturers take care of the warranty .. Verizon only offers the CLNRs as a means so you arent without a phone. Normal procedure is to send your phone to Motorola for a few weeks and have it repaired and sent back to you .. AT&T does the whole refurb thing too .. Dont know if you guys have had cell phones long enough but back in the day they sent them to the manufacturers. I for one would rather take a refurb than be without my phone for a few weeks .. The fact that some people are on multiple phones .. well thats the way the industry is going .. Most people only get between 3 and 6 months out of a phone before it breaks. .and thats not just 1 manufacturer, its all of them .. some people are lucky and keep them for a while. Me, I'm on my second D1 in 9 months. Sorry for the rant but it ticks me off when people blame Verizon for a broken phone when they dont make phones, they just sell them for the manufacturers!

I know the refurbishing is done by Motorola. Doesn't mean they aren't crap.

bhughesiii

Reaction score
Awaiting arrival of my 2nd refurb that is coming to me. The first one had a noticeably loose slider. Hopefully all is well with this one or I will be registering another complaint.

Jasko

Reaction score
My Droid 1 was having problems rebooting itself randomly. I called Verizon and since my phone was less than a year old they told me I had the manufacturer warranty. They send me a refurb D1 yesterday. My original had the raised keyboard, this new one has the flat. Grrr.

Wish they gave me an upgrade!

thesandman00

Reaction score
It's pretty much a pipe dream to hope they'd send you a near brand new phone as a replacement. I've never heard of that actually happening (other than a few too good to be true stories on the internet).

Big Ry

Reaction score
I'm getting my 4th Droid sent now...Guy said I get other options on the 5th phone...wtf?

droidshot®

Reaction score
It's pretty much a pipe dream to hope they'd send you a near brand new phone as a replacement. I've never heard of that actually happening (other than a few too good to be true stories on the internet).

My brother Tyler had a HTC Eris and on his third return (messed up roller ball) they gave him the Droid 2.I couldn't believe it.That was a $79 phone! But it's no lie and he got the new 2.3.20 system update yesterday.