Asurion plans to offer Droid X and Incredible as Droid 1 replacement

dragozoid

Reaction score
The way I see it is asurion will be losing more money in the long run if they cannot replace the D1 with a device the consumer views as comparable, as with anything the consumer will vote with their wallets and asurion will take a huge hit if this isnt addressed for the long run. They WILL run out of D1's and will need to replace it with something that is comparable. I'm sure taking the hit and providing the consumer with an upgraded phone (which they have done before) will actually save them money in the long run. Especially with a hot item like the D1. If they cannot offer a comparable model that the consumer sees fit I'm sure the folks who own D1's will have no problem pulling the plug on asurion. I told the representative that due to the development I am currently doing on my D1 the only feasable replacement i could recieve to secure my investment and save my work would be the droid x and she had no problem telling me that the x will be available as a replacement in the near future. When it will be available is anyones guess.
I think they'll start replacing D1s with D2s once it comes out.

idiotiotic

Reaction score
Also, as I had a verizon rep point out over the weekend. The Droid X isnt really much of an upgrade as it is a "sidegrade". Its all personal preference, if you like the physical keyboard then great, get on the phone with asurion and get your replacement asap before they run out. However, if youre impartial to the keyboard and dont really mind the X's os then wait, the worst that could happen is we go through this all over again in a few weeks and really start to make some noise when they run out. I personally will keep my broken droid for another week or so and call them back again. Just to get the final verdict for you guys.:reddroid:

idiotiotic

Reaction score
The D2 supposedly is to be announced on the 10th to be available on the 12th. I will inquire about the D2 when I'm on the phone with asurion next week.:reddroid:

dragozoid

Reaction score
Also, as I had a verizon rep point out over the weekend. The Droid X isnt really much of an upgrade as it is a "sidegrade". Its all personal preference, if you like the physical keyboard then great, get on the phone with asurion and get your replacement asap before they run out. However, if youre impartial to the keyboard and dont really mind the X's os then wait, the worst that could happen is we go through this all over again in a few weeks and really start to make some noise when they run out. I personally will keep my broken droid for another week or so and call them back again. Just to get the final verdict for you guys.:reddroid:

Well I have both (D1 and DX) and the DX is much faster than the D1, even when it's rooted, running 2.2 and overclocked at 1.25GHz. There is also dedicated storage for apps (8GB) whereas you're stuck with 256MB on the D1.

Thankfully, I was able to get my DX for $300 without contract so I could upgrade in January when my annual comes if I want (doubt I will). I'd rather wait till next summer when LTE becomes widespread and we see some high end LTE Droids.

idiotiotic

Reaction score
True, right now my vzw account is sitting on 2 upgrades with another one available in october (my parents never use their upgrades) so I will be looking into the D2 when it becomes available. I will continue to pursue my claim with asurion basically for informational purposes only, to let everyone on the forum know exactly what the deal is. hopefully i can get a solid answer as to what will be offered in the next week or so. but im sure that wont be a problem. ive become quite good a giving the asurion guys the runaround instead of them doing it to me.:reddroid:

dragozoid

Reaction score
True, right now my vzw account is sitting on 2 upgrades with another one available in october (my parents never use their upgrades) so I will be looking into the D2 when it becomes available. I will continue to pursue my claim with asurion basically for informational purposes only, to let everyone on the forum know exactly what the deal is. hopefully i can get a solid answer as to what will be offered in the next week or so. but im sure that wont be a problem. ive become quite good a giving the asurion guys the runaround instead of them doing it to me.:reddroid:

It'll probably be like Verizon reps. Some will say one thing and others will say different things.

And I know people are going to abuse the insurance to get Xs and Incredibles but I wouldn't recommend any sort of insurance fraud. I just read someone's post in the General Discussions saying they would destroy their D1 and file a claim for a DX. Not cool.

xmguy

Reaction score

It'll probably be like Verizon reps. Some will say one thing and others will say different things.

And I know people are going to abuse the insurance to get Xs and Incredibles but I wouldn't recommend any sort of insurance fraud. I just read someone's post in the General Discussions saying they would destroy their D1 and file a claim for a DX. Not cool.

I agree. They might not ever know but if anyone ever did it they would.

idiotiotic

Reaction score
My phone broke 3 days ago. I'm just waiting to make my claim until this mess is sorted out.

shanewprice

Reaction score
While I understand why everyone would like to upgrade to the DROID X or HTC DROID Incredible, this is certainly not the way to accomplish that. This is one of the reasons why the insurance on smart phones through Verizon recently got more expensive per month and with higher deductibles.

If it comes down to where my Motorola DROID just isn't doing it anymore, I will gladly pay the full price to upgrade one of my lines rather then take advantage of Verizon or Assurion. I may not get a great deal on a new phone but at least I will feel better about myself in the morning.

idiotiotic

Reaction score
I sleep better knowing that I will receive a replacement through asurion if need be. I'm not condoning insurance fraud. I just will not be taken advantage of by a company that i pay.:reddroid:

SECRT AG3NT MAN

Reaction score
my D1 broke the 24th of last month i called today to see when my INEDIBLE is coming cause they offered two other crap phones and the eris and i said no to them and she offered the INC. So i took that but been waiting for over a week now and called today and they said they had D1s in and tried to force me to take the D1 after i was already offered the INC so i hung up called back she said my INC was still on backorder than i called about 30 min later and talked to someone higher up than the people taking our calls and he said he would send me INC when they got it in and explained why its taking so long and threw in a free car charger.

Pocket

Reaction score
!

I was on the phone with an asurion rep yesterday and got her to kindly let me know that the droid x WILL be an available replacement soon. She was not able to give me a solid date but said it will be available shortly. I was on the phone not even ten minutes before i was offered an incredible and was told that there were more D1's in stock right now. my advice to you guys would be to hold on to you broken d1's until a solid upgrade is offered. I'm waiting for the x. and as far as calling asurion, noone knows the d1 better than the people on this forum, to get what you want, use the knowledge you have of this phone to prove the phones they are currently offering arent comparable. Thats what I did and i was offered an incredible off the bat and was later told the droid x will be offered as a replacement, directly from the first asurion rep I spoke with over the phone.:reddroid:

I filed my claim around the 12th and they immediately put me on Dinc backorder. I have been calling everyday since. Most of the representatives say the same thing but one actually said asurian will be offering the DX later. She explained that the reason it is 'Not a comparable model' is because it is simply not in their system. Phones that are new don't arrive in their system until a month after they come out - and she said the DX will be in stock near the end of august most probably. I asked to be put on backorder - there is none; I asked for a number to get her when i call - asurian does not allow that.

that was a week or two ago. She sounded confident about it.

titanfan1017

Reaction score
I guess the reason they are not available would be that assurion only offers remenufactured phones. since the X and Incr. haven't been out long there wont be very many remans as of yet.

titanfan1017

Reaction score
I guess the reason they are not available would be that assurion only offers remenufactured phones. since the X and Incr. haven't been out long there wont be very many remans as of yet.

This is what a verizon rep that I went to school with told me.